Reine Elemente

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

GolfLima

Re: Reine Elemente

Post by GolfLima »

ltgmkay wrote:Personally, I actually don't like the way we handle the random drops. I'd much prefer it if we used less unweighted random number generators and tied things more to skills. A lvl 100 sheep-shearer (that's going to be a thing soon, right?) should have a much better chance of finding his Pure Fire than some level 2 noob.
:arrow: in my opinion
all char should have the same chance to get an pure element ->this is a "special" gift and should not correlated to the experiance of the craft

die Chance ein reines Element zu finden sollte nicht von der Fähigkeit des Char in diesem Handwerk abhängen, das Element ist ein zusätzliches Geschenk
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

GolfLima wrote:
ltgmkay wrote:Personally, I actually don't like the way we handle the random drops. I'd much prefer it if we used less unweighted random number generators and tied things more to skills. A lvl 100 sheep-shearer (that's going to be a thing soon, right?) should have a much better chance of finding his Pure Fire than some level 2 noob.
:arrow: in my opinion
all char should have the same chance to get an pure element ->this is a "special" gift and should not correlated to the experiance of the craft

die Chance ein reines Element zu finden sollte nicht von der Fähigkeit des Char in diesem Handwerk abhängen, das Element ist ein zusätzliches Geschenk

That is entirely flavor text. We could also put 'Findari hates you, and has tossed a pure air at you in her rage". It has no actual bearing on the game.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Vern Kron wrote:That is entirely flavor text. We could also put 'Findari hates you, and has tossed a pure air at you in her rage". It has no actual bearing on the game.
:arrow: Thank you for your understanding. This realy helps non nativ english speaking people to express themself in englishand try to take part at this discussion.
Ragorn

Post by Ragorn »

To archive more fairness / equality in opportunities, it should be possible for EVERY character build, to find ALL kind of pure elements and magical gems, independently of its profession / orientation. Therefore I suggest to modify the drops in such a manner, that if an element/gem drops - independently if it was a monster, a mining action or whatever - it's type is randomly generated. This would generally help to adjust the current higher numbers of e.g. pure earth and magical obsidians in game towards an uniform distribution. Maybe additionally to avoid continous grinding of some powergamers, there could also be a time based restriction, e.g. maximum 1 element/gem per 8 hours/ 1 day/1 week will drop.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I'm not sure I understood everything here but I think I read that one point under consideration is moving the pure elements away from resource gathering and making it strictly part of treasures/monster drops. If that's the case, I'd put in a word against that decision. Forcing POs to play fighting characters isn't something I favor. It would be better to keep the elements as part of resource gathering to preserve the diversity concept.

If I misread, forget I said anything. :?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

GolfLima wrote:
Vern Kron wrote:That is entirely flavor text. We could also put 'Findari hates you, and has tossed a pure air at you in her rage". It has no actual bearing on the game.
:arrow: Thank you for your understanding. This realy helps non nativ english speaking people to express themself in englishand try to take part at this discussion.

It is not my intention to exclude you. If the idea of the pure element being a gift of the gods, that is entirely flavor text. Something that can be changed in a moment.

Es ist nicht meine Absicht, Sie auszuschließen. Wenn die Idee des reinen Element ein Geschenk der Götter , das ist völlig Geschmack Text. Etwas, das in einem Moment geändert werden können.

google translate.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

GolfLima wrote:

It is not my intention to exclude you. If the idea of the pure element being a gift of the gods, that is entirely flavor text. Something that can be changed in a moment.

Es ist nicht meine Absicht, Sie auszuschließen. Wenn die Idee des reinen Element ein Geschenk der Götter , das ist völlig Geschmack Text. Etwas, das in einem Moment geändert werden können.

google translate.
Ragorn

Post by Ragorn »

Kamilar wrote:I'm not sure I understood everything here but I think I read that one point under consideration is moving the pure elements away from resource gathering and making it strictly part of treasures/monster drops. If that's the case, I'd put in a word against that decision. Forcing POs to play fighting characters isn't something I favor. It would be better to keep the elements as part of resource gathering to preserve the diversity concept.

If I misread, forget I said anything. :?
Of course I meant all possibitlity ("drops"), where currently pure elements or magical gems can be obtained.
This includes all gatherings plus fighting and treasure hunting.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Dear all,
at this moment, it is not planned to implement a random yield of pure elements during gathering. I am convinced that we should rather work on the usefulness of certain gathering crafts. If we cut the assignment of pure elements and specific gathering crafts, we lose:
  • Chance for interaction by trade between characters and also factions
  • Motivation to do certain gathering actions at all
  • Shortages that pose a challenge that can be overcome by anyone anytime with some effort
  • Generally an aspect that makes the game interesting
I am not sure what we'd gain in return.

Instead, it is my plan that the game will, theoretically, provide all pure elements in equal numbers over time. It is on the players how many they "harvest". Events like the Elstree faeries, monster drops or quest rewards shall be considered supplementary but not the main source. We will also revise which and how many pure elements you need for certain crafts.

All in all, do not fall to advises that you need to mass produce high end items to get anywhere. If you don't do many skill related actions over time, you will learn a lot more from the individual action. This means if you have a shortage in pure elements, take your time and produce things you don't learn anything from or take a break once in a while. It is a "devil's circle" if you think that you need to produce more and more because you learn less and less from each product.

In conclusion: I don't see any need to increase the overall influx of pure elements. I see no reason for a dedicated daily quest to increase the influx, even though I appreciate any new quest being added to the game. I see no reason to increase monster drops of elements or to randomise which elements you find. I see a lot of reason in reviewing the assignment of specific pure elements to gathering actions and also, which pure elements are needed for which products.
Applesauce

Post by Applesauce »

I have never got one. I lvl 35+ in one crafting skill and very close in others. But I have no fighting skills. Do I have to fight to get any of these?
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

@applesauce

no ...you can get all pure elements whith gathering recources

pure earth: mining / farming
pure air: wood cutting / collecting honey or fruit
pure fire: collecting eggs / sheep shearing / sand digging
pure water: fishing / mud (clay?) digging
pure spirit: collecting herbs
:arrow: not sure if this are all possibilities, but some of them :wink:
Applesauce

Post by Applesauce »

Since I do four out of the five, I find it odd that I haven't got one along the line.
Matron

Post by Matron »

It is only a chance. You're just being unlucky.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

* ein paar über die Zeit zusammengetragene Daten zu reinen Elementen
* die Daten sind mit Sicherheit nicht vollständig

* Schmieden:
- es gibt 20 verschiedene Dinge die mit reinen Elementen hergestellt werden können
- dazu benötigt man 6*Feuer, 2*Wasser, 7*Erde, 4*Luft & 1*Geist

* Schreinern:
- es gibt 16 verschiedene Dinge die mit reinen Elementen hergestellt werden können
- dazu benötigt man 2*Feuer, 3*Wasser, 3*Erde, 7*Luft & 1*Geist

* Schneidern:
- es gibt 3 verschiedene Dinge die mit reinen Elementen hergestellt werden können
- dazu benötigt man 0*Feuer, 1*Wasser, 1*Erde, 1*Luft & 0*Geist

* Feinschmieden:
- es gibt 5 verschiedene Dinge die mit reinen Elementen hergestellt werden können
- dazu benötigt man 1*Feuer, 2*Wasser, 1*Erde, 2*Luft & 1*Geist

* insgesamt: ( es gibt 2 Dinge, die mehr als 1 reines Element benötigen)
- es gibt 44 Dinge die mit reinen Elementen hergestellt werden können
- dazu benötigt man 9*Feuer, 8*Wasser, 12*Erde, 14*Luft & 4*Geist

:arrow: es wird viel reine Luft, die recht selten ist, benötigt, dafür aber recht wenig reiner Geist
:arrow: ich nehme an die Verwendung und Häufigkeit von reinen Elementen wird mit Meilenstein 2 überarbeitet und angepaßt
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Applesauce wrote:Since I do four out of the five, I find it odd that I haven't got one along the line.

You have a 1/4000 chance of a pure element with each action. Don't worry, you aren't messing up, Nargun is just not in your favor. :)
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

They are right. I have gone two weeks without a magical gem or element found. Though there was one time I found two elements and a gem all in the same rock. Within 15 seconds of each other.
LucyP

Post by LucyP »

My character has learned 67 levels in woodcutting and not found one pure element. This is quite a lot of wood chopping. She found only one latent emerald. So in terms of finding rare items, this is fairly poor and discouraging. Now ask how many clubs were found.... dozens and dozens. So many it is utterly unbelievable.

edit: add to this frustration the number of times people have come up to ask if she has found pure air and see if she would like to sell it. So she knows she should be finding it. Knows she will need it to have her weapon made. Knows she doesn't need any of the useless and nearly worthless clubs.
NN

Post by NN »

LucyP wrote:My character has learned 67 levels in woodcutting and not found one pure element. This is quite a lot of wood chopping. She found only one latent emerald. So in terms of finding rare items, this is fairly poor and discouraging. Now ask how many clubs were found.... dozens and dozens. So many it is utterly unbelievable.

edit: add to this frustration the number of times people have come up to ask if she has found pure air and see if she would like to sell it. So she knows she should be finding it. Knows she will need it to have her weapon made. Knows she doesn't need any of the useless and nearly worthless clubs.
I maxed herblore on my lizard recently. From level 1-100 I got around 60 pure spirits and 50 magical sapphires. I've been very lucky with the drops.

My point being, it's a very luck dependent system. You can be lucky with it like me, or you can have poor luck like you. That's how RNGs typically work.