Wilderness depots

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Mephistopheles

Wilderness depots

Post by Mephistopheles »

Keeping this one simple: I propose there to be more depots in the game, reasons include crowding at the Inn, and intense travel distances for anyone outside of a town, utilize some of the safer spots of the map to provide potential roleplay hotspots (we ARE getting more players who can use this)

Proposed locations are:

Raban's Grove (Druid's will love you, I promise)

Slave market

Sentry Tower in Sentry forest

Hidden Ronagan Altar "Narganorium" or some similar name

This isn't too many so that it causes problems of too many depots, and they are nicely spread out
CJK
Developer

Re: Wilderness depots

Post by CJK »

Mephistopheles wrote: Hidden Ronagan Altar "Narganorium" or some similar name

But... we have a Ronagan altar? And it's located inside of Gal...
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

There's another you apparently don't know about then, cus its secret :P

There's usually 2-3 altars to each god, some though, only have one

But the area there is nicely secluded and safe from critters
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Slightly off topic however, there was a Trolls Bane depot in the arena outside of town when some groups/individuals (temple) were banned from Trolls Bane city. That still allowed them access to their depot though I don't believe the other towns had similar access. An outlaw could count on that depot however, if needed.

Even one depot further away from the three towns and Inn would allow more exploration without having to portal back, unload bag etc and make the trip in return which gets old quickly.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I have suggested before and it was denied, but i will modify my suggestion and add it to this. My proposal for wilderness depots:

Galmair Depot over the first copper bridge in the wooded area where there are cows.
Cadomyr depot near the arena in the desert also over the bridge.
Runewick depot in Yewdale also over the town bridge

These three proposals because I believe it unfair if we want to use banning as a tool for outlaws to keep players from their things and hinder their game play.

For player convenience and increased roleplay I also propose:

Necktie depot: Raban Grove
Necktie Depot: Elstree forest near Narguns altar
Necktie Depot: By elven building north of the ruined lighthouse
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I don't like the idea of "proper" depots putside of the towns. I would like to keep them as achievments of civilization within the walls.

However, I think we can scatter small depots over the widlerness, e.g. a tree stump where you can stash your goods (the one with the mushrooms could be used for that). This depot would not have 100 slots but only 2 or 3 (but by using bags, you get a lot more slots, so cool). And we can have those "wild depots" in various spots here and there.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

It won't be like the chests that let items rot and other people access right?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

No, they would be just like depots with very few slots
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Sounds reasonable, an outlaw or druid won't need full depots everywhere but at the same time if the consensus is to absolutely keep banning as is without a change in its current use then I still strongly suggest at the very least one depot accessible to said chars, it's hard for any player to have patience when they cannot access their things for any length of time
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Mephistopheles wrote:Sounds reasonable, an outlaw or druid won't need full depots everywhere but at the same time if the consensus is to absolutely keep banning as is without a change in its current use then I still strongly suggest at the very least one depot accessible to said chars, it's hard for any player to have patience when they cannot access their things for any length of time

I have to agree here, we have had players banned from realms indefinitely. Sure maybe not all but still one. We have so few depots in-game and the map is so large. I think one town depot should be accessible outside the walls. I believe it is unfair to 'punish' a player by taking them away from the belongings they need. We are to play together not against.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Market days. Estralis is working on an automatic script for that. From tiem to time, tehre will be market days with all town depots available.
Juliana D'cheyne

Market day doesn't do much of anything. A banned outlaw has to wait so many days to get to their depot and can only use that day to move their things to a different depot. Keeping one depot of a town always available no matter the ban allows ...
1. RP opportunity for the banned player ...lots of others went to that depot also.
2. A permanent solution for the outlaw and to remain an outlaw without having to move all their things
3. Convenience for the player to freely play that character without worrying about access to valuable things.

There was a lot of RP near the arena to keep interest up in being an outlaw and even a town player wishing that kind of exciting RP of being with the outlaws. Let's open this aspect of the VBU up like it was on Gobaith to facillitate the RP of all.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

The roleplay argument does not hold. You have the Necktie with a depot for everyone. More depots will mean less chance of interaction.

Town depots should stay in the towns. Why? Because the are town depots. That's the benefit of being a town member.

Ifthere is a problem with banned charaters not getting their stuff, we can talk about other solutions, like a magical smuggler NPC who can grand you access to the depots fo the towns for a small fee.
Juliana D'cheyne

The roleplay discussion was for banned players directly outside town...taking a teleporter to Hemptie is not quite the same as having a convenient depot with all your items near town.

The roleplay as mentioned earlier was discussing the advantages of the depot in the arena just outside of town. Setting up any kind of temporary access to allow banned players in town occasionally whether paid/once in awhile or other ideas will not make the ability to play an outlaw easier.. they already can move their things to the Hemptie. Most can simply ask a GM to allow them in to get the items usually. Easy access and encouraging roleplay of an outlaw was the goal in the original proposal from what I gather hence added the difficulty of the town depot to the discussion.

A "depot only in town" I am assuming is done to make sure citizens remain citizens to pay taxes? This however has been changed so one without a level pays no taxes and gets no gems anyway so that point would be mote. Allowing easier access to items for outlaws or banned i.e. depots...would still ease the problem players face attempting to roleplay a "bad/evil" char and I am assuming all aspects of player roleplay including outlaw, bad, evil is still encouraged since the entire game is still PvP. Alleviating boulders in the way of this goal seems most helpful.