Dual wielding

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Azure Lynch
Galmair

Dual wielding

Post by Azure Lynch »

OK I was wandering is it possible to dual wield weapons. And if not would it be possible to get. I don't think I have to explain much on this. But to me when I paper rp games I always had a dual wielder. Usually daggers cause he was a thief. Anyways before I get off topic I was just wandering if it was possible, in the works, or nope sorry not gonna happen. Just a thought.
Nitram
Developer

Re: Dual wielding

Post by Nitram »

Not possible because the paperdolling does not support showing two weapons and there is not graphic developer around creating paperdolling graphics right now.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

So if I learn to paperdoll then this may be possible?
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

As much as it sounds easy to do, there is a lot involved. I made some of the creatures in game and nothing compares to doing the paperdolling.

And not trying to get hopes up, I am going to try to start working on this as my main project. I spoke to the other Martin ((Graphic's one.)) :) about how they were made and what it took. But RL took me from it as I was learning with the fairy I made for the game on how to do it and think I can do it. So please be patient and will do my best.

Though Azure if you wish to help with Graphics, send me a pm. I am always willing to try to help someone learn and help with the game.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There are also a couple of alternative concepts to replace the paperdolling with a more flexible system, that also requires less work from the graphic developers. But for this there isn't even a proof of concept.
As for new paperdolling items you should keep in mind that paperdolling works with large amounts of images for each item that is present in paperdolling. This comes with the downside that new items will increase the load on the graphics device considerably.

So for now we are stuck with what we got.

Nitram
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

That's cool its a thought that has now been clarified. Thanks for listening.