One Time Character

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Banduk

One Time Character

Post by Banduk »

Another idea to create action are one time chars. This might be a chance for the upcoming battle tomorrow where at the end I see 100 “good” against 1 “bad”.

Most of the players might not willing to pervert their high skilled long term characters to join a fight where one side promotes it as a battle light versus dark and finally try to divide the players into 2 camps. This will disrupt the player base more than it happened yet.

But get a copy of ones fighter for a single day only, one could play it as an supporter of the unloved side and create a balance in skill and power, prevent a simple execution and show we play together not one against the other.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: One Time Character

Post by Jupiter »

Sorry, but the exmaple you brought up is actually an argument against such one time characters: This conflict has built up ingame over weeks. There is a lot of roleplay involved. And this would be destroyed by some random characters suddenly plopping up and joining the one or the other side for no reason. Those character have no connetiong to what's going on and it feels extremly froced to have them join the fight. I, as a member of one of the parties in this conflict, would not enjoy this. I would probably be highly annoyed that the proper roleplay that had been there there is no undermined by random characters.

I imagine that gm granted speical character with let's say 80 fighting skills can be used to create some fun inagame - with the stipulation that when they loose all their hp, they die "for real". But they should not be granted in such cases as the current conflict. They should be rather used for wood bandits, raiding orc clans etc.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

As Jupiter said, what would be the goal for this? If they could join any side, it could be that like in your example it will be 110 "good" vs 11 "evil" ones. Maybe because some want to chose the other side than you expected?

This conflict didn't occur out of nowhere, there happened so many things within the last weeks and months that it would have an bad aftertaste if such things like you have proposed would happen. Maybe the other side does have some more allies (but they didn't show it in public yet) or other surprises. But to say "Alright, the other side gets 10 fulltime warriors for free, nobody knows them, nobody has seen them before but they are full aware of the situation and loyal to the side the fight for".... Just NO.
Banduk wrote: Most of the players might not willing to pervert their high skilled long term characters to join a fight where one side promotes it as a battle light versus dark and finally try to divide the players into 2 camps. This will disrupt the player base more than it happened yet.
And sorry to say this at the end:

If you think this single battle will devide and disrupt the player base... Than it is already to late now. As it was said multiple times now, the conflict did not begin yesterday. And when it comes to me, yes my characters could have a conflict with other characters. That could also mean to hate another character. BUT! To me as a player this wouldn't mean that I doesn't like the other player behind that character. I had it so many times that a character of mine had a conflict with another character but I sat for my PC and said to myself: Wow, good thing by the other guy - I like to play with him a lot
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

The proposal sent shivers down my spine. So I can "copy" my fully maxed character, run around, cause havoc and there won't be any consequences/countermeasures possible as the character is deleted the next day?

For special events, GMs may hand out quest characters. This way, everything is under GM control and dedicated to one event. If you want to play a bully, play a bully. The game won't stop you :-)!
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Wow this is crazy. The conflict was hoping even before this recent. Anyone rember the issues with cadomyr and brawn and his army. So no this has been boiling to a breaking point. So no characters that appear that has not involved in the rp would kill it for me. And if you don't want to involve you long term character don't do like azure is trying. There are ways to involve you character with out going to battle or reverting to a temp character that has your hard working stats. Now that is the stylist thing I heard..........of all time Lol.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Banduk wrote:Most of the players might not willing to pervert their high skilled long term characters to join a fight where one side promotes it as a battle light versus dark and finally try to divide the players into 2 camps. This will disrupt the player base more than it happened yet.
Which is exactly why I have Exelous = 'good', Jefferson = 'bad' (but to me it's not that simple :wink: ). It's fun to have a character on 'both sides', more players should try it. So, when something like this happens you can pick one that you think would be more fun to play during a conflict. In this particular conflict I play as Jefferson because he was attacked and now he seeks revenge. I would have played as Exelous to support the Sea Serpent (which I mostly played lately) if Jeff wasn't involved - that way I never feel like I have to divide myself to one side of the players.

It's not a new concept I'm telling you, but I thought it was relevant in a way.