Change Order or Content of Newbe Quest in Galmair

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Banduk

Change Order or Content of Newbe Quest in Galmair

Post by Banduk »

The last time I proposed this it was rejected since the beginner quest is unique in each town.
But yesterday again I could watch a Newbe bored to leave the game with first quest in Galmair. I never count but I’d say I’ve seen this at least 5 times by myself.
We tried to talk to the newbe but maybe he/she feared us or was concentrated to the NPC quests instead.

What happened if you are new in Galmair?
Joe sent you to the fields and you have to grow grain first. Unfortunately it takes some minutes without any activity until the grain can be harvested. One may say he/she can use the time to RP but whatever the reason is the newbes are focused on the quest or nobody is around to play with. The information that you don’t need to fulfill the quest seems to be ignored.
Brandnew in game, being in a quest and having to wait a few minutes with nothing happened is less helpful convincing somebody to stay. The first questline must engage the newbe and not bore him/her.

I’d change the order of Joe’s quest. Send the newbes first to Pillipo, Groknar or Charvis before you have gone to the fields.
I could even do the changes by myself if I get permission.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Change Order or Content of Newbe Quest in Galmair

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Will changing the order help? If this is boring to new players perhaps we shouldn't do the grain at all, allow farming to be learned a different way and the grain a more advanced quest?

Also, if this is a problem perhaps we should shorten the growth rate altogether? If boring for a newbie is probably boring for any player.. one of those 'non-fun" things.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I would favor getting rid of the grain quest completely from Joey's dialog, Joey should direct characters to npcs that give favor increasing quests, such as Groktan, Charwis etc.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

I'd say changing the order will help. The most critical point is that the quest with 'extreme' waiting time is direct the first task a newbe get.
Anybody who is IG for a while and decides to learn farming will maybe give farming up due to the waiting time but not Illarion. It's different for somebody without any experience in Illarion.

I like the idea of Mephy as well, replacing the farming by e.g. the book dealer who is currently not in the quest line for newbes. If anybody wants to learn farming Hannah is available at any time.

According to the time vegetable and grain grows I'd say there is no urgency to change. Someone really farming is busy all the time since you have to do to prepare the whole field and harvest the results.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

The wording of the quest has been changed telling Newbies that they do not infact have to do Hannah's quest before they come back for another one for Joey. The issue is if you rearrange quest order you mess up people who have already started such a quest. It is not feasible or practical to just change them. People will be working on a step that simply disappears. Functionally wise, it is easier and cleaner to eliminate the farming task than reorder it, however The npcs at the platform are newbie welcoming npcs and their job is to send people not to places to get rank but to special npcs that are set up to teach the crafts of the towns. Their function is to direct them to trainers not rank.
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

please add information about how you could get tired(Mental Capacity) by doing tutorial quests...
I know its trivial and the Mental capactiy drained by the tutorials are neglible, but still a new player has the right to know of it, ingame.
Also stress the fact that tutorials are optional by adding (optional) beside the names of tutorials in Quest logs if its not there already.