Die Bestenlisten / The Lists of the Top 20

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Lennier

Die Bestenlisten / The Lists of the Top 20

Post by Lennier »

Gegenwärtig scheint es ja so zu sein, dass die verschiedenen Bestenlisten nur "ewige" Listen sind. Das ist zwar schön, aber es wird für die aktiven Spieler immer schwieriger in die Top 20 aufzusteigen, wenn die Namen von Inaktiven Spielern nicht doch irgendwann mal rausgenommen werden.

Ich schlage vor und Frage ob es möglich ist, die Bestenlisten nur oder zusätzlich über die aktiven Accounts laufen zu lassen. Das spiegelt doch auch die Verhältnisse zwischen den Fraktionen besser wieder.

Außerdem der Vorschlag für eine neue zu bewertende Eigenschaft: Illarions größte Gönner oder Stifter. Dabei wird nicht nach direktem Reichtum anhand des Geldbestandes gefragt, sondern der Umfang von Spenden in die jeweiligen Stadtkassen. Ausdrücklich meine ich die Spenden, nicht die Steuern.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently the lists of the Top 20 seems to be lists of the best of all times. That is nice, but it does not show the current situation. And it becomes more and more difficult to reach the Top 20 as long as names of inactive players does not get removed.

Therefore it is my proposal and the ask for the possibility to change this. It is possible that only names of active accounts get counted? That also would be better in contest between the fractions and their current situation.

Furthermore I have the idea for a new list, that asks for be greatest benefectors / donators. It is not a question of richness by the money of everyone. The list asks for the value of the given donation to the town treasure. Donations, no taxes. That is important.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Die Bestenlisten / The Lists of the Top 20

Post by Jupiter »

Remove the high scores completely! :P
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Would be nothing I would cry about if they are removed
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I think your proposal shows very well that the high scores give a wrong expression on what Illarion is about. If it is a problem that new players have hard times being listed on them, it shows that it is somehow important to be listed there. Which it shouldn't be. Illarion should not be about putting your character at the top of some lists on the homepage.

If we add such thing we should keep it ingame. I fail to see what the benefits of the lists on the homepage is for this is purely ooc knowledge. We have a list for the adventure stones ingame. Why on the hp? For easy access so you do not have to bother to look it ingame up? That sounds wrong to me.
There is no problem with the town's notary keeping track of the donaters. But that should be kept as an ingame feature.

Therefore, I am not only against adding new high scores but also in favour of removing the existing ones and wrap them in proper ingame clothes if it is wished to keep them.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I don't care for the top 20 lists either. Especially OOCly, bringing them in game? I just don't see the need. I don't care that someone decided to dump 300 gold coins into the donation bin. I really don't. I also think that is gold that could have been used in trade rather than just dumped down a hole. My personal feelings, not a gospel truth, but a feeling that to put it into a top 20 list would actually make it worse and not better. There is already enough incentive to dump money and items down a hole for donations.

Just my thoughts.
Matron

Post by Matron »

Remove the lists but do not remove them from ingame after a lot of people invested time/coins/effort in their chars' legacy. That would be just downright mean.

Btw, to show that the scores do contribute to RP/joy:
- my char got some of his arena points by fighting in a group (-> RP)
- my char got most of his map points by fighting in a group (-> RP)
- the points for the most names is usually linked with RP
- the marker stones not so much provide RP but it shows who took his time to discover the map (and people usually moan about everyone not getting out to see all the cool places so why discourage it now?)

As for newbies not getting there, I consider it a sort of hall of fame and you do not take people out of it just because they (in the past) were better than anything you got now (in the present). :P

@Uhuru: IMO there is always too much money IG so I kinda like the money-sinks the arena/donation-platforms/map-merchant and such provide.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Matron wrote: @Uhuru: IMO there is always too much money IG so I kinda like the money-sinks the arena/donation-platforms/map-merchant and such provide.
I would agree if people actually bought food from other characters and other items besides armor. Really, that's about all anyone tries to find from an in game character. So I can't agree with this at all. My character makes money from the sale of her food and other items she makes. She has none. Or very little. So don't go saying there is too much money in game. Maybe you make a ton, but not all characters do. Buy something from someone.