Real time

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Aegohl

Real time

Post by Aegohl »

I haven't though out if there's any implications that would make this not work, but is it possible that we change the game from being 3:1 time to real time? I don't see why not and players are constantly using "dwarven days" anyhow because of ease of use.
Matron

Re: Real time

Post by Matron »

That would require changes on all the time-related daily quests, gem-day and such as well as that germans might end up playing their chars only at night while Americans would only have the day to play? Or vice versa.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I like to see my character ageing. Using a normal time would lower that aspect drastically. I liek it as it is. And the reasons Matron mentioned is also very valid.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

The time zone issue is the most important one for me. With an Illa day lasting 8 RL hours, you always have the chance to play during another time of the Illa day if your RL schedule only allows you to play during specific times.

In other games, the time passes much faster, with night lasting maybe one or two hours. This is also quite interesting because you see those changes during one playing session.
Jacob B.

Post by Jacob B. »

I like the different time and calendar in Illarion. Its funny and makes the game somehow interesting and unique.