simplicity over immersion

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Mephistopheles

simplicity over immersion

Post by Mephistopheles »

I know Im heading back down a dangerous road here once again but here goes.

More and more this system seems to gradually support casuals, great nobody should be excluded. However, every single mmo to ever exist strongly had three kinds of players the casuals, the idiots (no targeting here), and the elites. People want alchemy to be a cakewalk, people want magic to be a cakewalk, people want to do whatever they want with little or no effort ig at all. Personally this kills alot for me, i really loved the immersive system of gobaith with all its little intricacies i had yet to learn. I like finding out ig secrets that would make my char better, but theres so little to that anymore.

So my proposal here is more of a direction proposal. I propose that the development of illarion lean toward immersion instead of always having the goal of simplicity in mind.
Velisai

Re: simplicity over immersion

Post by Velisai »

We have a very simple crafting system, fighting system and we have a greatly simplified, but still somewhat mentally challenging and time consuming alchemy system. These two currently coexist very well in the same game environment, except for those players who unknowingly choose something they actually don't want to play. Perhaps we should publish a list of game features on the main site, so people can read what kind of effort it takes to build all kinds of characters and go for something fitting their play style. If this is wanted, I'll start working on it when the people who bought me no longer need my service.
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

As far as I know, "Immersion" is one of the Milestones written down in Mantis.
I couldn't find it, thoug, I think I saw it there as Milestone 3 or 4 maybe...
So things are going that direction already, but it might take a long time to get there.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Mephistopheles wrote:i really loved the immersive system of gobaith with all its little intricacies i had yet to learn.
Can you give a list of the features and aspects you miss most?

This is the immersion milestone:

http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=9825