Updating the FAQ

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Stig

Updating the FAQ

Post by Stig »

I have been gone for some time and decided to look through the links on the startpage to reacquaint myself with Illarion again, and when I read the FAQ I noticed that it doesn't appear to have been updated since the VBU. I'm sure that new players may find it confusing to read how to, for example, pick something up only to find out that i is different IG.
How do I pick up items?
Right click on an item and choose "Pick up". Alternatively you may move the item by "Dragging and Dropping" it to a free place in your inventory. This process is similar to the way icons are moved on Windows/Linux/MacOS-desktops. Your inventory is composed of your character's clothing (which is the spaces on top of the image of a man), the belt (which is the six spaces under your character's clothing/armour) and a bag. The bag must be worn and can be opened to be able to use it. If you want to open the bag of your character, right click on the bag and choose "Open" or click on it with the middle mouse button, if your mouse has one.
Another example would be that paperdolling actually has been implemented now after the VBU.
I equipped an item so why doesn't it show on my character?
Paperdolling isn't yet featured in Illarion, it will be implemented into the next major update. To know what someone else looks like, you can click on the character to get a short description and what items he has equipped. Right-clicking will show you an option to view him carefully. This sends a message to the player, so don't do it frequently, but allows you to view most of the items they are wearing.
Not to mention the change in how to log in.
How do I log into the game?
Once you have created your character you need to log onto the client with the relevant character's name that you want to play (names are case sensitive) and your account password
There are other things that have changed as well, but I don't feel like pointing out all the outdated information I could find when there may be other outdated information that I didn't find.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Updating the FAQ

Post by Jupiter »

The FAQ are indeed outdated. We already have a mantis task for that matter: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=8079
Achae Eanstray

Re: Updating the FAQ

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Since there is already a mantis task for this will lock.