Guild colours

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Ufedhin

Guild colours

Post by Ufedhin »

I would like to see it possible for a special colour cloak and hat to be made available to groups,guilds etc,
the same graphics just a colour change .The colour would be special to the guild only and cost a set
amount to order in a number of garments.
For an example (the initial colour purchase from the dyers guild 30 golds then each hat or cloak ordered from there on will cost 3 gold each, min' order 5 of each)
Hew Keenaxe

Re: Guild colours

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Good idea Ufe
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The color of the paperdolling graphic is currently bound to the specific item that is worn.
So in case your guild gets a dedicated item its possible currently.

But I guess that requires a pretty damn awesome guild to get a own item :wink:

That is at least the only way that is possible currently. All changes at this require changes in the server and the client. And there is higher priority work to be done at both currently.

Nitram
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

The Violet lens is the oldest business in Illarion "of course its awesome !"*the oldest and the best ,the apothecary with the most!*

I would arrange a brotherhood of alchemists so please create a dark purple pointed wizard hat and a robe/cloak
Payment in gold will follow a suitable colour confirmation, or i send some hooded fellows around in the night for further talks..... :twisted:
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I had a thought about custom paperdolling that I mentioned briefly someplace else but I can't find it. The idea blossomed though so I thought I'd stick the improved idea in here.

In other games that have more elaborate paperdolling it is sometimes possible to swap the attributes of one item with the appearance of another so you can create a custom look for your character without giving up the attributes of the better gear. I was thinking this could be introduced as a premium transaction feature or for players that are paying members. It hands out no actual in game advantage since the character would have to already own both pieces of gear but it adds a little bit of value and luxury along with helping to keep the server running. Alternatively it could be an NPC task for a tremendous fee as a money sink for the ultra-rich characters.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Kamilar wrote:I had a thought about custom paperdolling that I mentioned briefly someplace else but I can't find it. The idea blossomed though so I thought I'd stick the improved idea in here.

In other games that have more elaborate paperdolling it is sometimes possible to swap the attributes of one item with the appearance of another so you can create a custom look for your character without giving up the attributes of the better gear. I was thinking this could be introduced as a premium transaction feature or for players that are paying members. It hands out no actual in game advantage since the character would have to already own both pieces of gear but it adds a little bit of value and luxury along with helping to keep the server running. Alternatively it could be an NPC task for a tremendous fee as a money sink for the ultra-rich characters.

I most sincerly hope there will never come the day when "paying players recieve benifits "others dont, i for one treasure Illarion for its freedom from such grasping avarice.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Ufedhin wrote:I most sincerly hope there will never come the day when "paying players recieve benifits "others dont, i for one treasure Illarion for its freedom from such grasping avarice.

If you read the suggestion carefully, there's no "benefit" apart from more fully utilizing the paperdolling that developers worked so hard on. Further, in the suggestion I say it could be either a source of RL income to support the game which is only practical and hardly avaricious or a significant money sink. Paying members absolutely should have some extra perks and definitely had them in the past. Avarice isn't a factor and is completely beside the point.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

I'm all for the idea of swapping paperdolling looks and such as a money sink. Though I feel I just have to voice that I strongly agree with Ufedhin that such a paying player benefit should not be a thing.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

There's a solid precedent. I don't know what paying members get now, but in the past they got an @illarion.org email, their own forum and 2 extra character slots. People that pay to support the game (not me :oops: ) should get something in return for making the game available to us freeloaders. *shrugs*
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Freeloaders ? i doubt there are many of them ,even those that dont contribute cash, contribute with ideas and often assistance .
Sure, give those who can pay extra character slots , and wot nots but its ingame i speak of mainly .Benifits here to paying players
is not what Illarion is about, the founders have shown great forsight in avoiding that,for one, who says it stops at just clothing perks,
and then what do we have? let me tell you ,just another boring crappy paying game that has shifted from quality play to paying play
which ends roleplaying infavour of purse strings.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

No ingame items for membership. However small one may consider them.
Grim
Developer

Post by Grim »

hmmm... the funny thing is: at this moment its not possible to make new pd, no matter how much someone pays :mrgreen:

but guildflaggs & signs are possible.

maybe... ;p