The New Pathfinding (Feedback)

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Uhuru

Re: The New Pathfinding (Feedback)

Post by Uhuru »

I had characters surrounded many times in the dungeon under Cadomyr and unable to get to the ladder. Many times. Unable to move and dead before could kill one. You may have been lucky, but I had to stop going down there completely. If people left doors open, many mummies and such would be drawn to the entrance before the pathfinding was changed. Evie complained of this often as well.

Because you were lucky and had no issues doesn't mean nobody else did. Tyan, please try and be kind and allow that someone may have facts that differ from your own.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

Uhuru wrote:I had characters surrounded many times in the dungeon under Cadomyr and unable to get to the ladder. Many times. Unable to move and dead before could kill one. You may have been lucky, but I had to stop going down there completely. If people left doors open, many mummies and such would be drawn to the entrance before the pathfinding was changed. Evie complained of this often as well.

Because you were lucky and had no issues doesn't mean nobody else did. Tyan, please try and be kind and allow that someone may have facts that differ from your own.
On the other hand you could simply be unlucky. As I see it there is more reports of it being good before and bad now than the other way around.
I propose a bit more of a factual approach on this topic for now.
Bloodraven

Post by Bloodraven »

Tinuva Geogroda wrote:As I see it there is more reports of it being good before and bad now than the other way around.
It was good before? That must be a joke. Mosters where just better dummies, now they are monsters at least.
I think the thread hould be closed, because of lack of constructive contributions for the developers.
Last edited by Bloodraven on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Evie wrote:
Tyan Masines wrote:I agree (and did the testing), before the pathfinding you did not get flanked by four enemies once you entered the crypt. You were able to fight one enemy at once, prudent for a newbie dungeon.

Please, before you post something, make sure what you are saying is backed up by facts.

I have posted a general reply to the Reginald's Tomb area and creatures here.

My alt was blocked and trapped many times down there.. because you didn't experience it doesnt mean it isnt true. Cm's can we just block this and the monster thread i posted. Seems they are only for complaints and not actual help.
It can however, as Tinuva posted, mean that you were just extremely unlucky. There are many people so far that have stated how they had not experienced such a problem before the new pathwalking, including myself with the statement I am making now. While however only you and Uhuru have stated how you found the opposite to be true. It rather seems you had bad luck, than that all of the rest of us had good luck.
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

Active accounts drop from 87 to 82 in two days. You got it covered.

Yes, please close this thread. It's no sense anyways if people can't tell criticism from ranting and if one gets flamed down by obviously ooc related people in the same topic for an, admittedly, snappy remark. On that end, I'd advice a few here to put their own houses in order before complaining, though.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

There are 4 pages of replies, plenty for most to have had their say on the topic and 3-4 requests to close the thread so will comply.

May I suggest for specific issues for certain areas open a Mantis task. For anything else regarding this issue, it is constantly being worked on... give it a few weeks first. Thanks for everyone's feedback and interest.