Please remove the new player help box.

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Raina Narethil

Please remove the new player help box.

Post by Raina Narethil »

It seems to be used more for abuse then to actually help a new person, It seems a certain po is making new characters to harass others in game making more annoying to go help someone and find out it is the same person over and over again, it takes people away from Rp's and has stopped me from even going to help any more.

Or move it so it appears other then the center of the screen,

Please remove it or find a way it only comes once per Account.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Please remove the new player help box.

Post by Jupiter »

Sounds to me that the player is the problem and not the newbie help feature.

Furthermore, if you don't like it, you can select the option to not be asked again for the current session. Being asked once per session is not really troublesome. I think that this sufficient.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

One thing that seems a little odd about the system is that it teleports me into the tutorial, I wonder if new players should be doing the tutorial before being distracted with potential RP?

If it was triggered when a player "picked" a town and a message appeared a new face has come to Galmair? It feels seamless to go and greet them. Even if its Runewick, if the online player count is low and I am not busy then teleporting to them is fine.

Another feature to consider is implementing a want role play "flag", I notice the mini-map is able to track active quests. If one could put in something like !rpflag on/off and then appear as a green dot on the mini-map. If I saw a green dot on the map I would be very inclined to investigate. It would also help combat empty map syndrome, sometimes it hard to find people if you do not know where they go. Play a week and you know to check the tavern, the other depot etc A new player may just feel very lost?

Anyway just a thought or two
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

The newbie island will be removed as soon as we have a replacement for the basic instructions. Therefore, this problem will be solved automatically with that.