New Tax System/storage costs

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Tialdin

New Tax System/storage costs

Post by Tialdin »

Summary New Tax System and storage costs.

I make a summary of both because they work together.

We have to find a middle way between money drain and monetary stability in this system.

To many Goldcoins in the Game ar not good and on the same importance we need a graduate of monetary stability to have a funcional economy.

The inflow of money by selling on NPCs is uncontrolled. (Its like printing own money on your home PC *g*)

The existing Tax Systems kills the economy and we become a conguestion of Ressources in the Depots.

Proposal:

Four things are needed and working together:

1. The Existing 5% Percent tax on property in coins could be changed in an echolon System.
From 0,1 % for lower properties to 1 Percent per month for really really high propertys.

2. A Tax on the monthly income, lower income = lower tax rate, higher income = higher Tax rate
First 25 Goldcoins free and than we need a Progression curve. So the Tax rate higher up by higher income. Starting on 0 Percent and higher up to 50% on top income. That slow down the inflow of Coins in the game and that is needed.

3. Storage costs.
To prevent that the characters escape the taxes with hording ressources or Products, wie need storage costs. And they must be higher than the First Tax on the properties in Goldcoins. So the Charakters MUST sell their things, to save up their Property in Coins. Have to pay the Tax on the Income and after all the Tax on the Property on Coins.

4. Money drains are needed. (please make proposals in the other Thread from Teflon)

Problem is this system is complex and hard to programm. So we need Manpower to calculate and script it and for the first the priority is lower than other important Scripts.

I will offer methods how to calculate the single taxes in detail in the next three posts. Now i only make placeholders for it and add later.
Last edited by Tialdin on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tialdin

Re: New Tax System/storage costs

Post by Tialdin »

Placeholder for Tax on Property

Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Placeholder for tax on income

Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Placeholder for storage costs

Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

I really don't like the idea of pay to storage.
Myself I don't dodge taxes by buying resources, however I am a massive hoarder.
I'd usually get a few stacks of resources, which could take months, before I start turning them into things. Having to pay for the storage of those would absolutely kill the economy of my characters, as I'm sure it would to a lot of others.
Also I'm rather curious if the dodging of taxes like that wouldn't be an in character topic rather than an ooc topic? Is an ooc solution to it really needed?
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Yikes.

What I hear from this.... You CANNOT keep alot items, and MUST sell them into the coins, or you will have no coins. You CANNOT have alot of coins, or your wallet size gets cut in half. This is an overall hinderance to pretty much every player. I'm pretty much a libertarian, so I've never been ok with tax brackets. The fact that taxes are paid in percentages already means everyone pays something different based on how much they have, changing that percentage per income group to make it more different-er is like an attempt to force the problem. Productive players of the game are punished. I find it truly hard to believe that players with low amounts of money are really having a tough time because of the 5% tax. Through crafting and combat there are a large amount of opportunities to make money. Even the lowest lvl zombies drop cloaks that sell for 30 silver.

I certainly hope a 50% taxation is never implemented in a VIDEO GAME. If you want to *make* money at 50% taxation every 7 days, illarion literally needs to become a full time job. This is absolutely not what we want to expect from our players. I already get disheartened with the 5% tax because it literally took me hours to earn what was taken.

Any potential changes should focus on *VOLUNTARY* money sinks. Not worse *FORCED* money sinks.
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Salathe wrote:
Any potential changes should focus on *VOLUNTARY* money sinks. Not worse *FORCED* money sinks.

Voluntary money sinks with benefits ofcourse though.. :D
Loved the Lumas quest... something like that to enhance RP and give better stories to the life of the chars would be a good way to spend coins... satisfaction guaranteed :) (atleast to those who are here to RP )