Mercenary For Hire

The central trading board. Meant for trading offers and requests between the towns. / Das zentrale Handelsbrett. Hier sollten Anfragen und Angebote für Geschäfte zwischen den Städten gepostet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliana D'cheyne

Mercenary For Hire

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

A parchment with an arrow deeply embedded in a tree waves languidly in the breeze created by the teleporter near each town including the Wilderness.

Having problems moving from town to town? You wish help carrying those heavy burdens? Possibly would like help with a treasure hunt or protecting your valuables along the way? Hire your help. Discretion and privacy guaranteed. Price negotiable. Leave a parchment here or send to the Hemp Necktie Inn care of Borgate and you will be contacted.
Sammy Goldlieb

Re: Mercenary For Hire

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Under the parchment, a small piece of paper is added.

Ye look fer coins? Ye are merchanary an' dont know, how ta get many coins?

Then join the Crimson Cresends of Galmair!

We are a guild of mercenaries. We provide ye with weapons, armors an' food.

If ye are interested, contact me!

Sammy Goldlieb
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

To whom it may concern:

The Orc of the sands, Kraex'Ju, wishes to hire your services for 10 gold coins. Send a reply with the desolate orcess who sleeps at the campfire outside the walls of the Hemptie. Be sure to I indicate how long your services can be bought for 10 gold.

Scribe: Bilba Oaktrout
_____X_______
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I am willing to pay more than anyone else, but I have a few questions first.

1) Are you willing to kill anyone, anywhere, at any point in time?
2) Are you willing to massage my tail? It gets cramped sometimes.

F~~~~~
Juliana D'cheyne

A parchment has been left with the orcess with instructions to get her delivery coins from Scribe Bilba Oaktrout

Kraex'Ju,

For 10 gold coins you can buy six day service (( in game )) with max two trips per person to visit the welcoming cross at the Inn IF the service involves danger...this up to the discretion of the one Cherga kicks out. One high level archer and one medium-high level fighter may be available. For other forms of service, such as assassinations and kidnappings it may buy you one unless a high level official. Let me know if this is agreeable or if you have different plans.

Breanna

(( Send preferred time/date and if know where to meet etc. ))
Last edited by Juliana D'cheyne on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juliana D'cheyne

Another small parchment is left underneath.

To someone named F,

1. Yes
2. No
Zalkani

Post by Zalkani »

Another parchment appears to have been added in a hurry.

Dear F

My Mistress allows her apprentice to pick up the tasks she feels don't offer her sufficient challenge.
I will be available to tend to your tail for a fee of fifteen gold a week.

Grapes
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Zalkani wrote:Another parchment appears to have been added in a hurry.

Dear F

My Mistress allows her apprentice to pick up the tasks she feels don't offer her sufficient challenge.
I will be available to tend to your tail for a fee of fifteen gold a week.

Grapes
I will hire you to kidnap your mistress and have her rub my tail for a period no shorter than 5 straight minutes. For this you will be paid 20 gold.

F~~~~~~
Juliana D'cheyne

A small parchment is added under all the others.

Discount for the kidnapping and assassination for a lizard signing with an F. Inquire inside.
Juliana D'cheyne

The previous parchment is mysteriously removed.
Juliana D'cheyne

A larger parchment is placed over all the others using an old dagger for a pin.

No job taken at the time until the ones we have are finished. The wait shouldn't be too long, in the mean time you can leave a request here.
Juliana D'cheyne

There is a small parchment near each teleporter that remains unsigned, the words written in flowing cursive.

~Mercenaries for hire~

Contact Borgate at the Inn or if need immediate help, he will send a message if given a mug of beer.
Zalkani

Post by Zalkani »

Parchments are left at teleporters across Illarion.

Mercenaries for hire

We will dig and retrieve any treasure for you.

Also interested in buying any maps with the marks of dragons or Yr if you don't wish to join us.

Leave your offer with Borgate at the Hemp Necktie Inn and we will be in touch.
Juliana D'cheyne

All the past parchments are either weather worn and unreadable or removed and if asked, Borgate may simply shrug noncommittally. When given more incentive such as a beer or gold he might finally mention they had decided to temporarily retire their mercenary job but may, probably will open in the future. Borgate has no indication of the past jobs due yet he will as usual offer to take a parchment as a message however won't guarantee delivery.
Juliana D'cheyne

A new larger parchment happens to sit on the counter next to a beer barrel. So far only a few beer mugs have made their mark on it and the words are still readable.
  • Need something done discretely, without having to give your name? Wish some information obtained quietly and efficiently? Usual fee in magical gems but negotiable. Leave a message with Borgate when and where to meet.
The parchment remains unsigned yet when questioned Borgate appears to know the writer well and even mentions a couple while his hand is held out ready for a tip.
Juliana D'cheyne

A parchment is near the teleporter at Hemptie attached to a tree using an arrow..

Job hire, Am considering offer, a dove should be arriving.

The parchment remains unsigned.
Juliana D'cheyne

A small parchment is left with Borgate. He refuses to show it to anyone but a certain person..

The job is done as specified. The other half of the agreed pay can be left near the altar at the back. There is a halfling with a bag that is ready to take it. Code word "Removed"

~J~
Blackreigns

Post by Blackreigns »

*During the night an unsigned parchment is left behind on the bar top on the end near a half drunken orc*

Exactly how are would we to be ensured of discretion? We may have some jobs for you. and we pay very well.

to respond leave a note attached to the office door of Cadomyr's yet to be demolished slave market. use a nice knife.

*a fox is heard in the distance yipping.*
Juliana D'cheyne

A sudden swish of wind and the ping of something hitting the door to the slave market in the dead of night possibly alerts anyone inside. If one is outside however, they may hear the strike of an arrow but be unable to place which direction it came from. Inspecting the arrow closer would reveal a folded parchment at the tip.

Anonymous,
What makes you think you'll get a good knife from us? You are free to offer jobs, we accept magical gems as payment and require a down-payment. As far as our discretion, can you point to any of our other customers?

~J~
Juliana D'cheyne

A small notice is placed near the kegs at the Hemptie.

Mercenaries for Hire will be unavailable for additional work for the next few weeks. Feel free to leave a message with Borgate but don't expect an immediate reply.

The parchment remains unsigned but prominently displayed. If Borgate is asked he may or may not mention a trip.
Juliana D'cheyne

A parchment torn in half then folded is left with Borgate. The folded part is addressed to "The Grass Lady". Inside upon opening, she will see part of a descriptive map and at the bottom is written "Other half will be concluded soon and released upon balance of payment. There is no signature.

Atop the mountains rising above Hammerfall there lies layer upon layer of snow. Only your god may know how deep it is but the area has no plants, no trees and gives the impression of forever silence. Quite a way down from the peaks the snow renews and melts just enough to form icy cold water flowing slowly in at least two streams. There are weeds and stubby plants in this area along with two bridges across the meandering divide of the streams which seem to also disappear in possibly a cave... or even part of the dwarves mine. On a lower plateau, there is a small pond where warmer water finally joins to form a larger area, though be aware it is unknown what is going on at the other side of the mountain. That area seems impossible to climb even with rope.

Our hypotheses is the water adds minerals to the soil and has formed the mine for the dwarves. Finally the water comes out of a cave near a locked wooden door. It is also assumed this comes from the mine since there is detritus familiar with mined rocks and pebbles. In all this area there are no flowering plants, fruit bearing trees or other signs of plants inhabiting the warmer climates. Following the flow of Kantabi one is met by dwarves trying to defend their land. Strangely few military ones... only smiths and miners easily dealt with. Some with bribes, others with sword and bow. Following the Cadomyr side of Kantabi will at first lead west then winds south before going toward the main bridge to the desert. In this area are banana trees, tangerines, flowering plants eking out an existence in the few pastured parcels of land amid lots of sand, and heat. It is no wonder this water flows swiftly, cleaned of the detritus of the mine yet still has some coolness of it's origins.
Juliana D'cheyne

An arrow holds a parchment at the back of the Inn near the hair dresser.

Two mercenary for hire, contact anyone regularly at the Inn for particulars, ask for ones with hoods.
Juliana D'cheyne

A parchment is at each town teleporter having been shot by an arrow.

Mercenary again for Hire. Will train in sword or arrow also.

Ask for Breanna near the bone ghost at the five.