Mas of year 59: Log of events

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

S'rrt

Mas of year 59: Log of events

Post by S'rrt »

Day 1 at 6 p.m.

Dark clouds started forming in the sky and distant moans could be heard. As I was clearing the front of the gate of undead, I suddenly heard a loud scream from above me. Soon something landed behind me, on the bridge, and I turned around to aim at it with my bow. It was a halfling whose bones were broken from the fall, limbs twisted, lying in the pool of his own blood. He should have been dead yet he stood up and his limbs "fixed" themselves.

I demanded to know his purpose, ready to fire an arrow at him. He said he's forgotten how long but he has been a toy of the Blood God, sent by him every Mas to afflict suffering through means that he does not know; a vessel to curses. I informed him he must be destroyed by asked about his origin first. He said he was once a foolish halfling who thought himself to be smarter than the Blood God, messing with the god and eventually the god messed with him back. When he died, he believes that the mercy of the other gods allowed his soul to only be used by the Blood God during Mas. I asked him if not killing him now would mean pain inflicted onto someone else. He said he doesn't know, that it could be another citizen, the entire realm or all of the land. Seeing as he was beyond my help, and I didn't want anyone else to bear the curse he's intended to bring, I shot him through his heart.

The halfling fell down but his body didn't stay still for long. Through his skin a bloodied-red skeleton of someone larger, either a human or an elf, arose. It looked like a Lich and spoke: "Do you really think Moshran himself would care for such a low halfling? Or you?" I told him I believe everything and nothing when it is Mas. It told me that is smart, that I should not trust anyone, not even my closest friends because "who knows who truly is under their skin". It stepped back and reanimated the corpse of the halfling as a zombie that attacked me. After destroying it the red skeleton started speaking in the ancient language so I rushed at it, swinging my battle staff. I hit it square on its skull but it vanished right after that.

Bashing the red skeleton left behind a chunk of its skull. At first I didn't touch it but after some prodding with my staff, I picked it up carefully and put it away. The feeling it gives off is difficult to describe; it's not bad or good, just... strange.

The bridge currently has a large pool of blood from the cursed halfling and neither the halfling or the Lich have reappeared in the hours that I've guarded the gate and written this report.

~~ Sir S'rrt K'shire
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Mas of year 59: Log of events

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

A fireball fell from the sky and hit Cadomyr near the market. The burning rock opened and a golemlike creature, which will be called "The messenger" in the rest of the report, emerged.

The Messenger told us (Sir Srrt, Caswir, Olaf, Hur and I), that the other falling rocks were a giant army, big enough to destroy all three realms. He then offered to decrease the size of the army if we agreed on one town to be attacked. We voted and four votes were for Cadomyr. The remaining vote was void, as I refused to decide about the destruction of any realm. Afterwards, the messenger offered us to negotiate the time of the attack. We agreed to one month until the attack.

Thus, I advise all Cadomyrians to evacuate, as falling fireballs cannot be defended. Her Majesty will stay in her palace with a small force to guard her, since the palace is built into the mountain and easy to defend against invaders. Her Majesty gave me the task to lead the defense of Cadomyr. For this, I will work on plans and preparations after Mas. Both, Runewick and Galmair offered their help already. Beds and food will be available in both towns. Hopefully, we won't have to repair much afterwards, but I hope for support from the other realms, especially from Runewick, when it comes to reparations.

Cadomyr will not fall.
Countess of House Desert Fox