A Change in Nobility

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

S'rrt

A Change in Nobility

Post by S'rrt »

Dear friends and rulers within and outside of Cadomyr,

I have never felt more honored than when the Queen raised me to the rank of a Baron 5 years ago, thus allowing me to become the next Noble of House Desert Fox after the late Countess Annabeth. Not a day has passed in which I have not looked back on such a shift in my role with pride and awe, reflecting on the huge responsibility bestowed on me. I have gained many friends, allies and members, attended to the needs of many citizens and visitors, stood among many walls of fighters, made peace and waged war on many occasions…

Though this is the day when my role as a Baron and a Noble comes to an end and I will become a Patrician Knight.

As per the Law of Nobility, having held a seat in the Royal Court for at least three years has made me a Patrician which indicates the right to name a successor to take that very same seat in Court, and be the Noble to the House Desert Fox. My choice of successor is Katharina Ross. I shouldn't have to explain the choice but; she is the unpolished gem of Cadomyr and I say it is time for her to be polished via nobility and raised high to show her shine. I have full faith in Katharina's ability to govern not only the House of the Desert Fox but also the Realm of Cadomyr in the Queen's stead, cooperating with any other Nobles to make Cadomyr grow and prosper, and overcome the hardships that it suffers from. My ongoing duties as a Noble as well as the House's inventory shall be passed onto Katharina at her earliest convenience.

I still remain in the Queen's, and her Nobles', service as Cadomyr's ambassador to Galmair (a role granted before my nobility) and as the first ever Patrician Knight of the Realm.

A Patrician Knight is described in the Law of Nobility as follows:
"By making use of [the right to name a successor], the Patrician loses their temporary title of nobility but remains a well honoured member of the Realm's patrician chivalry. Patrician Knights and Dames shall from now on be considered of higher rank than the ordinary chivalry of the Realm for any matter."
May the gods smile upon our Realm; its Queen, her Nobles and citizens,
~~ S'rrt K'shire, ex-Noble of House Desert Fox, now Patrician Knight