House of the Desert Fox

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Desert Fox

Re: House of the Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

House Noble to help investigate the old case of Uhuru Pryler's alleged association with Kahramesz, and defend her in Royal court

In response to Count Ssar'ney's re-kindling of the case, the House Noble S'rrt K'shire has granted Uhuru Pryler a written permission to travel to and from Cadomyr during the investigation of the case.
Baron K'shire will also defend Uhuru at the time of the trial which will take place just before the next High Council.

The House Desert Fox will share its findings on the case with Count Ssar'ney, Noble of House Sea Serpent.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

House meeting

All available members of the House Desert Fox are to meet at the dawn of 10th of Malas ((27. Aug.7pm German time)) in the House HQ, southwest of the marketplace.

Aside from the topic of current events, there will be a serious discussion concerning the member roster.

~~ House Noble, Baron S'rrt K'shire

Last edited by S'rrt on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

House meeting followup

Post by S'rrt »

Following the House meeting, I have deemed the following members not fit to remain in the member roster:
  • Cristelle Konigin, Assistant of the head of the House.
  • Ssarinzir, Page of Knight Kraex’Ju
  • Lancare Gossia, Squire of Knight Kraex’Ju
  • Camus Cromlinde, House alchemist
If any one of these members would like me to re-consider their removal, they should contact me at their earliest convenience.

In addition to above, I would like the following members to get in contact with me regarding their continued service in the House:
  • Priaxie, Knight of the House
  • Lyrica Elmswood, Knight of the House
  • Reena Morelis, Squire of the House

Last edited by S'rrt on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Any active and available members of the House are to ensure the safety of any Galmairians seeking refuge from the horrors of the coming Mas and the self-proclaimed "Kings", who are detailed in another series of posts.

This should not take any focus away from the protection of Cadomyr and her citizens. Use your best judgment and consider the ongoing circumstances carefully.

Last edited by S'rrt on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

Field Investigation pt.2

Post by S'rrt »

Instead of examining a sighting at Mount Letma, House Desert Fox and willing participants will gather at Cadomyr's marketplace to discuss steps taken to reclaim the Runewickian Allesandra from the heretics safely.

S'rrt

Gratitude of Count's announcement

Post by S'rrt »

I would like to extend my gratitude and respect to Count Ssar'ney, Noble of House Sea Serpent, for the expression of his cooperation with House Desert Fox in these chaotic times:
Board of House Sea Serpent wrote:Despite superficial differences in procedure between the Houses, the House of the Desert Fox does have the unconditional support of the House of the Sea Serpent for as long as the self proclaimed kings threaten the Realm.
House Desert Fox likewise supports House Sea Serpent in its endeavors through any hardships that the Queen's realm might face.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

May the House whole-heartedly welcome the new member, the apprentice of arcane arts of Bragon's fire, Zannam Radiz Al Nadir. Once he exhibits the skill in magic that is to be expected of a self-proclaimed mage, he will enjoy the benefits outlined in Head Knight Sir Kraex'Ju's post.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

It is a great pleasure for me to introduce a new member of the House, Knight Saka Marras.
He is a man of exceptional wit and is sure to prove his worth with ease. Be sure to help him in achieving his personal goals so that his true potential may be realized.

S'rrt

House Meeting

Post by S'rrt »

On the dawn of 8th Irmas ((Sunday the 18th, 7pm German time)), just before the next phase of the wall reconstruction, members of the House Desert Fox are to meet in the House HQ (Villa Rosaline) located southwest of the marketplace.

The presence of the House Knights is especially desirable.

S'rrt

Undead warning and due recognition

Post by S'rrt »

Knight Lyrica Elmswood has sent me word of powerful undead appearing near our mines recently. This, in addition to Alberich's recent report of red undead appearing in Hammerfall, is cause for concern as it seems that calming the situation on Sirani's temple island has not stopped the forces at Letma from manifesting worryingly close to our home.

The Knights and other capable fighters of the House are to perform regular patrols to the path leading to Hammerfall, the path leading east of the Realm (to the bridge) and on Sirani's temple island.

I am hoping to see more correspondence such as the likes of Knight Elmswood from the other Knights of the House.

S'rrt

House cooperation with Clan Blacktusk

Post by S'rrt »

Members of the House are hereby instructed to make sure that they assist members of the Clan Blacktusk of Galmair with their needs, especially if they are on a visit to Cadomyr, and give them their utmost respect.

This is due to an agreement borne from a meeting regarding a mutually beneficial relationship between the two groups. Those present were Chief Grimghor, Shaman Issh'kha, Warlord Krukk and Brother Groz.

S'rrt

Count's declaration of Bernie Bottoms as Enemy

Post by S'rrt »

If the former chancellor of Galmair and current coordinator of the Farmer's Market, Bernie Bottoms, would like to have the protection of the House Desert Fox against his status as an Enemy of the House Sea Serpent, he should seek to get in contact with me personally.

He will ONLY be considered protected by the House Desert Fox IF he manages to convince me that the reasons for his classification by the Count in his recent post are unfounded and inadequate. Due to the seriousness of the Count's claims, such a feat won't be easy.

S'rrt

Mages welcome, lizards or no!

Post by S'rrt »

While House of the Desert Fox recognises the traditional faith of the House Sea Serpent, it does not agree to labeling lizards who use magic as heretics or thoughts of open hunt of such lizards.

Lizards who wish to use magic but continue to praise Mother are hereby protected by the House Desert Fox.

House of the Desert Fox gives any lizard, and non-lizard, a chance to show their worth in the advancement of the Queen's realm. If such worth is good, there will be great honor.

The House openly welcomes all magic-users with the help of this slightly re-written open contract, originally from the Head Knight Sir Kraex'Ju, written by the scribe Mirarie Bragolin:
The esteemed Noble House of the Desert Fox offers open contracts to an established and honorable Mage and Priest
Our House is always open for new initiates willing to prove themselves. Undoubtedly we seek individuals who garner an infallible reputation and would reflect the nature and values of our House.

Thusly, candidates should exhibit the following qualities and submit themselves to the following:
  • Becoming a citizen of Cadomyr.
  • Submit to the rule of Queen Rosaline Edwards of Cadomyr.
  • Adherence to the unwritten laws and customs of Cadomyr.
  • Willingness to work and build their reputation through honest deed.
  • Leadership qualities:
    • Priest: Spread virtuous teachings of desired god, apart from the Unnamed god or Ronagan.
    • Mage: Teach and lead House followers and pupils with the use of classical arcane knowledge. Strong understanding of ritualistic and runic magic.
  • Defend the realm of Cadomyr from the forces of evil, idolatry, and heresy.
Candidates shall not:
  • Hold allegiances to any foreign power, guild, or individual by way of debt, citizenship, or servitude.
  • Follow the ways of the accursed Unnamed god of Blood and Bone or Ronagan.
  • Work for another guild, individual, or foreign power.
Wages and perks:
  • Dwarven monthly stipends of no less than 10 gold coins.
  • Honorarium for noble deeds to the realm and House which include but are not limited to relics of magical or divine power, servants, monetary compensation.
  • House assistance for building projects as a congregation or number of apprentices grows.
  • Unrivaled protection from House warriors and knights.
All qualified and enthused candidates are free to send inquiries to the Noble of the House, Baron S'rrt K'shire.

Desert Fox

New member: Abdul

Post by Desert Fox »

The House welcomes Paladin Abdul, a Warrior of Cherga, who at this time is a Servant of the Queen by rank, under its guidance.
Desert Fox

New member: Lafadiel

Post by Desert Fox »

The House welcomes Lafadiel, a Knight of the Queen, whose strength is commendable, even comparable to the Nobles.
S'rrt

New Friend of House: Tialdin Elderking

Post by S'rrt »

As the Noble of this House I would like to personally commend Tialdin, first king of Silverbrand, now a Galmairian, and make him a Friend of the House for his deeds during the mission to clear our moat of foes.

Tialdin showed a great deal of wit, speed and emotional investment in the Nobles of Cadomyr as they were trapped under rocks in a tunnel in the moat, and dug them out all by himself. As a Friend of the House, Tialdin is deserving of trust from our members and is also protected by the House from any conditions that any other Houses now or in the future might impose on him, his kind or his status.

Last edited by S'rrt on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

New members

Post by S'rrt »

I wish for the the House welcome the new members
Kaeso Lartius, currently a Servant of the Realm
and
Katharina Thorstar, an archer, tailor, and a long-time friend, the new House Maid.

I have high confidence in the abilities and values of each of these most appreciated new members and will show them a path to honor, and Knighthood.

Last edited by S'rrt on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S'rrt

Arrival of two experts of the arcane

Post by S'rrt »

It has been a good month for the Desert Fox! It is my utmost pleasure and honor to welcome two capable mages to help all of Cadomyr:
Roland Ross, now a House Mage of War Magic
and
Celdea, now a House Mage of Runes and Rituals.

Both individuals are old friends from good old Gobaith so let us make sure that they feel welcomed!

In internal matters and battle, both mages are to be honored and considered above Knights, and equal to the Head Knight. Both have understood the benefits and responsibilities of a House Mage.

S'rrt

Status of a House Friend questioned

Post by S'rrt »

I have been informed that there is concern over my decision to recognize Tialdin, old king of Silverbrand, as a Friend of the House.

This concern takes two forms:
1. questioning Tialdin's title "old king"
The title is purely a way for me, personally, to honor his past deeds and kinghood that he indeed did experience.

No one will ever be able to take away my honoring of someone's past glory.

2. questioning his publication "The Revelation(s) of Tialdin"
It's true that Tialdin's book, located in Galmair's library, claims that Tanora and other gods were created by Irmorom and could be regarded as blasphemy toward other races, including lizards such as myself. However...

Tialdin is a citizen of Galmair. He has the same right of expression as all the other Galmairians have. Furthermore: he told me himself that he not only thought the book to have been lost with Silverbrand (on Gobaith) but that he does not preach what the book says and that as far as he's concerned, it's a matter of opinion among dwarves.

Calling the above facts "causes for concern" over my choices of Friends of the House is an exaggeration and in bad taste.

Zweifel am Status eines Freundes des Hauses

Ich wurde darüber informiert, dass Bedenken über meine Entscheidung Tialdin, einen alten Freund aus Silberbrand, als Freund des Hauses anzuerkennen, bestehen.

Diese Bedenken nehmen zwei Formen an:
1. Infragestellen von Tialdin's Titel "Alter König"
Dieser Titel ist für mich persönlich lediglich da, um seine früheren Taten und seine Ritterschaft zu ehren, die er tatsächlich durchlebte.

Niemand wird jemals in der Lage sein mir die Ehrung von Jemandem mit ruhmreicher Vergangenheit zu nehmen.

2. Infragestellung seiner Veröffentlichung "Die Offenbarung(en) des Tialdin"
Es ist wahr, dass Tialdin's Buch, welches in der Bibliothek von Galmair steht, behauptet, dass Tanora und andere Götter von Irmorom erschaffen wurden, und dass dies als Schmähung anderer Rassen, inklusiven Echsen, wie mir selbst, aufgefasst werden kann. Aber...

Tialdin ist ein Bürger Galmairs. Er hat das gleiche Recht der Äußerung wie alle anderen Galmairer. Desweiteren erzählte er mir nicht nur, dass er dachte dass das Buch mit Silberbrand (auf Gobaith) verloren gegangen sei, sondern auch, dass er nicht predigt was in diesem Buch steht und dass es soweit es ihn betrifft, eine Frage der Meinung unter Zwergen sei.

Die oben erwähnten Fakten als "Grund zur Besorgnis" über die Wahl der Freunde des Hauses zu bezeichnen, ist übertrieben und geschmacklos.

Translated by House Maid / Übersetzt von der Zofe des Hauses
~Katharina Thorstar~
S'rrt

Turnover of investigation

Post by S'rrt »

I would like to personally thank the House Maid Katharina and House friends Tialdin and Tarias for the help they gave to discover the path into Letma and the possible source of the invasion therein.

I am looking forward to hearing from our House Mages. I urge them to read my latest report on the invasion then message me directly with their thoughts and ideas on the next steps we should take.

Translation by House Maid Katharina wrote:Ich möchte den Freunden des Hauses Tialdin und Tarias und der Zofe des Hauses Katharina persönlich für die Hilfe danken, die sie bei der Entdeckung des Zugangs zu Letma und der möglichen Quelle der Invasion in seinem Inneren, geleistet haben.

Ich hoffe bald von unseren Hausmagiern zu hören. Ich möchte sie eindringlich darum bitten, meinen neusten Bericht über die Invasion zu lesen und mich dann direkt mit ihren Gedanken zu diesem Thema und Vorschlägen für die nächsten Schritte zu kontaktieren.
S'rrt

News on Acerd

Post by S'rrt »

At midnight on 22nd Ronas, Acerd, the man formerly accused by Count Ssar'ney of being influenced by demonic forces, has been proven not to be directly influenced by such powers. He was made to drink holy water during a dispute involving himself, Caine Trevall, Katharina Thorstar, Exelous and Tarias from Runewick. Acerd showed no ill effects, satisfying the Count's condition for allowing the man to enter the Realm.

Furthermore Acerd has written a parchment which House Maid Katharina is using to compare his handwriting to the Count's mentioned messages inciting hatred towards the Nobles of Cadomyr, found near the gates leading to Letma. Should the handwriting prove to be wholly different, and clearly not faked in an effort to escape guilt, he shall be pardoned and compensated as per the Count's announcement.

Acerd was ordered by this Noble to remove the messages regardless of his guilt, which he claims he did not write. Until his guilt is confirmed, the Count's order still stands.

House Maid Katharina Thorstar wrote:Am 22.Ronas um Mitternacht hat Acerd, der Mann der zuvor von Graf Ssar'ney beschuldigt wurde unter dem Einfluss von dämonischen Mächten zu stehen, bewiesen nicht direkt von solchen Kräften beeinflusst zu sein. Während eines Disputs zwischen ihm, Caine Trevall, Katharina Thorstar, Exelous und Tarias aus Runewick wurde er dazu gebracht heiliges Wasser zu trinken. Acerd zeigte keine negative Reaktion, womit die Bedingungen des Grafen erfüllt sind, die ihm das Betreten des Reichs wieder erlauben.

Desweiteren hat Acerd ein Pergament beschrieben, welches von der Zofe Katharina benutzt wird um die Handschrift mit der auf den, vom Grafen erwähnten, Pergamenten bei den Toren zu Letma, welche Hass gegen den Adel von Cadomyr schüren sollten, zu vergleichen. Sollte sich herausstellen, dass die Handschriften sich unterscheiden und definitiv nicht gefälscht sind um einer Bestrafung zu entgehen, soll er begnadigt und durch die Anordnung des Grafen eine Kompensation erhalten.

Acerd wurde von diesem Adligen befohlen die Nachrichten, welche er nach eigenen Angaben nicht verfasst hat, zu entfernen - unabhängig seiner Schuld. Bis seine Schuld bewiesen ist, gilt weiterhin die Anordnung des Grafen.

Translated by
  • House maid ~Katharina Thorstar~
I would like to send greetings to my scribe-colleague Lettarius on this way
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

The parchments was compared, the signatures does not match. This means Acerd is NOT the autor of the parchments at the gates.

Written by House maid
  • ~Katharina Thorstar~
S'rrt

One dwarven day ban on Tarias Faelivrin

Post by S'rrt »

Tarias Faelivrin has been given a dwarven day ban from Cadomyr due to directly disrespecting a Queen's Noble, and undermining the Noble's position, on the Queen's land.

Let it be known that Alliance/Friendship with the Count's House of the Sea Serpent does not grant the ability to speak to this Noble the way they please, and it does not grant immunity from punishment from such action.

~~ Baron S'rrt K'shire, Noble of House Desert Fox

Tarias Faelivrin wurde für einen Zwergentag aus Cadomyr verbannt. Grund dafür ist das Nicht-respektieren eines königlichen Adligen und das untergraben der Position des Adligen, auf königlichem Land.

Übersetzt durch
  • Housemaid ~Katharina Thorstar~
Last edited by S'rrt on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

Correction and clarification

Post by S'rrt »

Ssar'ney, Count of the House Sea Serpent wrote:Tarias Faelivrin, officially listed as friend of the House of the Desert Fox...
This Noble would like to make the statement that Tarias Faelivrin is and never was specifically listed as a Friend of House Desert Fox.

Despite this and his recent ban due to his mockery of this Noble, his help, among the rest of the Bearers of Fire, has always been and still will be greatly welcomed, accepted and valued by the Noble House Desert Fox and Cadomyr as a whole, especially if basic respect for the local authority is kept in mind.

*A note has been added later on*
While The Desert Fox listed the entire Order of the Bearers of Fire as Friends of the House, this has since been corrected by this Noble following a realization of a mistake.
Specific members of the Bearers of Fire are now listed instead.

Last edited by S'rrt on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

Festivity

Post by S'rrt »

The Noble House Desert Fox will host a festivity in Cadomyr's tavern, the Unicorn Lion, with food, drink and music. Anyone who is allowed in Cadomyr is free to attend and may bring food, drink or activities such as instruments for music or dice for games of chance.

May we show the demonic forces that we are still resolute, still strong and still not shaken by their attempts at domination.

Time of event: Noon of 16th Eldas ((13. August 08:00 pm German time))

S'rrt

Correction to Dagbladden No. 236

Post by S'rrt »

It has been a long time since this Noble has had to correct tabloid articles and regrettably that time has come again.
Power Struggle
Foreign power declares dominance in Cadomyr
A member of the Bearer of the Fire declared in the face of the noble Baron S'rrt K'shire his order has as allies of Count S'sarney more to say in Cadomyr than nobles. Count S'sarney confirmed the statement by lifting the ban Baron K'shire set and declared Tarias as honored member of his house. A statement of the palace is outstanding.
Tarias Faelivrin never mentioned the Bearers of Fire or any other organization. He was speaking purely of himself, showing disrespect and trying to belittle the position of Nobility by pointing to the fact that he is allied with the Count who is of higher rank than this Noble. He would not understand that despite this being true, there are still two Nobles personally chosen by the Queen to rule her Realm. The witnesses to the conversation between this Noble and Tarias were several marketplace merchants of Cadomyr as well as Desert Fox House Maid Katharina Thorstar, Silver Gryphon Sir Caine Trevall and Squire Krukk Krakash.

The Count did not make Tarias an honored member of his House; Tarias was made a temporary member with no extra adjectives. The Count also did not lift the ban that this Noble had stated; the ban was in full effect for the dwarven day that it was set out to be.

To make it abundantly clear, there is no power struggle between the Noble Houses of Cadomyr, as by law there are a set number of Nobles who rule in the Queen's stead. The power is divided. The Houses definitely have different political views but they work together to sort out their differences with greater goals in mind.

The Dagbladden would do well to check its facts in the future, perhaps by considering interviewing the people involved like a certain other paper now seems to do...

S'rrt

Special guard duty for House members

Post by S'rrt »

Due to the increased occurrence of the gates leading to the desert being left open, causing red skeletons to sometimes appear closer to our home, the members of the House of the Desert Fox are hereby given an guard duty at the gates and a special authority to go along with it:
  • The members of the House are expected to use a reasonable amount of their free time to stand guard at the gates. The gates are defined as:
    1. the ONE gate to the west west of the city, at the end of the bridge, and...
    2. the set of THREE gates leading to and through Sirani's temple, to the south of the city and closest to Mount Letma
  • Only one guard is necessary at each set of gates.
  • This Noble grants the Desert Fox guards the ability to give out sanctions and punishments according to their own common sense. This means that if they witness someone leaving the gates open, they may give that person a warning, a fine or a violent beating. The more offences are made by one offender, or if they are being stubborn or act with mockery, the more severe their sanctioning should be. If a beating is given, this Noble encourages the breaking of the offender's fingers in one hand.
  • If the offender runs off as the Desert Fox guard engages with them, and their identity is known to the guard, the guard should NOT pursue them but instead report the offender to any Noble, so as to not leave their guard post. If the identity is not known, the guard is required to investigate and confirm the identity of the offender before reporting to either Noble.
This Noble hopes not to see any offenders during his guard duty at the gates as the chance for a lenient punishment will be extremely low.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

This Noble would like the members of the House Desert Fox to give a warm welcome to the new member, sorceress apprentice Fiona Melatrice.

She has already shown her bravery and ambition in helping Cadomyr face the invasion through the advantages of House membership.

S'rrt

House Meeting

Post by S'rrt »

This is a reminder that the members of the House are to gather in the House Villa, southwest of the Cadomyr marketplace, for a meeting on 6th Findos at nightfall.

((Sunday 3. September 15:00 GER time. Event can be prolonged to accommodate more players))

S'rrt

Order to Cooperate

Post by S'rrt »

Regardless of the House Sea Serpent's formal decision to revoke support of the House Desert Fox, this Noble urges members of House Desert Fox to support the members of House Sea Serpent and cooperate where ever possible so that all members may stand united against the invasion and other dangers to the Realm.

As always, this Noble also expects members of the House Desert Fox to follow any orders given to them directly by Count Ssar'ney, and show his position the required respect and politeness.

House members are encouraged to direct any hostility and aggression toward the invaders. If the House Sea Serpent as a whole refuses to aid Desert Fox in military operations against the invasion (such as with the plan to destroy the pillars in front of our gates), the lacking support will be sought elsewhere.

As a side note: In its current state, this Noble perceives the Law of Nobility to allow House rivalry to thrive and is currently finalizing a proposal to the Queen to change said law.