House of the Desert Fox

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Annabeth

Re: House of the Desert Fox

Post by Annabeth »

Due to fleeing arrest and refusing to serve his punishment, Page Malrian's punishment will be raised by another 100 stones. Totaling now 500 stones.
He is however given a month to decide whether he truly wishes to leave Cadomyr in such a dishonorable way, before any further measures are taken.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Page Ssarinzir is officially welcomed into the ranks of the house.

He will be mentored by knight Kraex'ju as one of his pages.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

The time is soon upon us for the battle against the forces of Phelmon.

The battle will begin in 4 and a half dwarven hours. ((19:00 GMT+1 / CET))

Despite the less than friendly words just announced by the baron, all members of his house are warmly welcomed to aid in this affair as are those whom belong to the other townships.

That is all. It would be best to meet up prepared before the time announced.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Victory of the realm

The realm has with the aid of it's allies been victorious in the battle against the elder lich Phelmon and his forces.

While certain individuals chose to after the battle disobey the countess, and go against the word of honor Cadomyr gave by slaying the elder lich whom was to leave these realms forever. However this is a matter where punishment will already have been announced by the time this parchemnt is placed on the boards, so it will be discussed no further here.

The house of the desert fox and the realm itself thanks its allies for their effort, and will be holding a feast on behalf of Cadomyr at a suitable date in the future, to both celebrate the victory , and honor and reward those who came to our aid, excluding some very dishonorable individuals.

Ignoring what happened after the battle, the house wishes to commend in particular the effort of some individuals:
Baron Ssar'ney whom followed orders exceptionally well and with permission of the countess lead the initial charge against the tomb of the queen.
Praetor S'rrt K'shire of the house, whom lead the defense at the gates and protected against the enemies forces from the east.
Dean Djironnyma of Runewick, the fire bearers and the steam alliance, who lead the research and destruction of the columns protecting, regenarating and summoning the enemies forces.
Arcia of Galmair and his mighty pickaxe, as well as Chancellor Fault. Galmair's crafty ways of solving problems never cease to fascinate.
Anzula Grimler of Runewick and her aiding of the wounded.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

An addition to the house roster

Squire Lancare Gossia will be joining our ranks as Squire to knight Kraex'ju.

We are certain he will unlike former mistake make us proud.

~Countess Annabeth

Soon after another note is added on the same parchment

Squire Priaxie will also be joining our ranks as a squire of the house today.

We are happy to have her with us as well, and are sure she too will make us proud.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

High council Zhas 48

The high council concluded at in less than three hours, and the results are as follow.

However the house is disappointed to see none of the house of the sea serpent other than their priestess attend the high council when it was their time to host.
Without having been told in advance of their absence, the house can only assume this is due to wounds from the battle the dwarven day before.
Priestess Zelphyra did however represent the baron in his place.
A small correction: Rosea a new house member of the sea serpent also attended.

Squire Priaxie asked permission to hold events in honor of Zhambra. This was granted, and to show her support the countess has, as the head of the house the squire belongs to, decided to make these events officially supported by her house.

Knight Kraex'ju of the house will be holding a tournament at a later date, and has expressed his wish for more games to be held by the crown.
The countess does endorse this idea and asks that any Cadomyrian citizen that have ideas for more games of honor, do suggest these through messenger to her scribe.

The countess does also express that should any newcomer in Cadomyr feel lost or be in need of assistance, they seek out the seniors of either her house or those of the sea serpent for assistance. It is the wish of the countess that all newcomers feel welcomed in our realm, as long as they abide by the laws and hierarchy.

The seniors of the house of the countess include the countess herself, praetor of her house S'rrt K'shire and knight Kraex'ju.

~Countess Annabeth

PS. There is currently an unofficial get-together in the tavern. Anyone who read this note in time are welcome to join.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

An update on the renovations of the temple
Renovations of the Malachín temple have begun, meanwhile two other projects of the house have already entered the planning stage.
To encourage visiting of the Malachín temple when the renovations are done, the house will not release any blueprints.

However it does encourage visiting our very own training hall above our workshop, for an example of architecture designed by the countess.
A perfect time to do so would be on the next crafts fair, held by the house of the sea serpent in Ushos this very year.
Zhambra's Pride
The squire of the house Priaxie has announced the first of her events in honor of Zhambra. It will be held at the 06th of Ushos 48 at the ninth hour.
A copy of the parchments detailing the event are provided
A promotion
As the house expects some of it's squires will soon become knights, a promotion will be given to the knight of the house Kraex'ju.
Since joining the House, the honorable Sir Kraex'Ju has performed the following services in the good name of the Desert Fox:
  • Regular and consistent public presence, especially for assisting new comers.
  • Trade stimulation between Cadomyrian merchants and abroad.
  • Defense against evil magical storms that have attempted to overrun Cadomyr on multiple occasions.
  • Regular attendances at open town meetings, events, and training sessions (Third House Meetings, Open Arms Training, Pirate Incursion, etc...)
  • Foreign diplomacy to insure Cadomyrian values are known as well as attempting to keep peace with neutral parties (Abroad events held by Cadomyrian resident Starling as well as training sessions by the Bearers of Fire)
  • Regular Scouting missions to insure come trade routes are kept safe and accessible.
  • Constant support of Cadomyrian crafters beit herbs, ores, sand, and many other raw supplies to help crafters work more efficiently.
  • Largest donation to the renovation of the Malachin Temple.
  • Tireless defense of Cadomyr during Mas which included assisting towns abroad when Cadomyr was not under fire.
  • Persistent effort to retake control of Letma which includes dozens of raids, defense strategies, allied efforts with Runewick.
  • Spreading the values of the House of the Desert Fox to newcomers and citizens who seek new opportunities and community support.
For this and more the knight Kraex'ju is recognized as worthy of holding a higher position than other future knights of the house.
As of this moment the knight Kraex'ju is promoted to head knight within the ranks of the house.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Another addition for the roster of the house

The countess welcomes yet another Squire of head knight Kraex'ju to the house, Squire Anton Somers.
We trust in the judgement of the head knight and are sure the Squire will make us proud.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Enemy of the house

The outlaw Dwarf Hew Keenaxe is for his actions today announced as an enemy of the house of the desert fox.
A copy of the announcement of his crimes

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

A new initiate.

Azure Lynch has been accepted as an initiate of house, to allow him to prove himself and redeem him of his past actions.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Two new members

It is with joy the house welcomes former commander of the royal guard and current squire Reena Morelis, as well as knight Lyrica Elsmswood, to its ranks.
Given their past deeds, they are sure to make the house proud given the time to.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Abduction

Given the unfortunate abduction of the countess by the beholder claiming to be testing people, the event of squire Priaxie of the house was postponed.

The countess has since returned to us and is in good health, though was held in captivity by the beholder for hours to come as she refused to obey it's orders until the end where she found a way to escape by her own means.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

List of events

The list of upcoming events held by the house has been updated.

A new expedition will be held by the countess at the 21st of Siros.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Renovation and reconstruction

The house is proud to announce two of its building projects as complete.

The renovation of the temple of Malachín has at long last been completed.

The house encourages any and all who visit the realm to visit the temple and pay respects to Malachín.
The countess would once more like to thank Galmair for its donation towards the project, as well as its own
house knight Kraex'ju, head of the knights of the house.

A villa has been reconstructed to serve as the base of operations for the house.

The house will hold a evening of celebration for its members and specially invited friends at a later date.
Squire Priaxie of the house will be aiding in the preparations for this evening, as she has shown a talent for it
with her recent gatherings in honor of Zhambra.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Expedition at mount Letma

Although the expedition was chaotic, the countess still believes it a success.
Despite the fact that the baron seems to have misunderstood the meaning of the words "Fall back" as the opposite, and running to the portals rather than away, ending with many of our knights and squires falling in order to protect him.
While many were wounded in this endeavor, we managed to push back the forces that the portals sent at us and by the grace of Cherga there were no casualties.

~Countess Annabeth

Post Scriptum
Loot from the expedition were donated to the realm.
However there were rumors of those with less honorable intention running around gathering things from the fallen rather than fighting for the realm this eve.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

A promotion
The house congratulates the former squire and now knight Priaxie for her rise in the ranks of Cadomyr to that of a knight, and as such she is also risen to the same rank in the ranks of the house.

Projects

As the renovation of the Malachín temple and the villa that the house will use as headquarters are now finished, the house directs its attention to other projects in the town. It hopes to in the coming months increase the quality of life in the town for its citizen by adding a new public outhouse, a bathhouse, remodeling the workshop and adding new plant-life in the form of a garden.
More news on this later when the building master and queen has approved of the plans for these new additions to the town.

--
As he is no longer deemed a threat to the safety of the aforementioned victim, the KOS of Hew Keenaxe is called off.
His banishment from town still will remain, but he is now once more free to walk our desert without his life being endangered for doing so.
He is no longer deemed an enemy of the house. Since the house is the one that called the KOS, it also withdraws it.
Should the house of the baron oppose this, then they are free to make an opposing announcement on the matter.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

The house is disappointed in the lack of respect shown by the house of the sea serpent.
The so called "debt" the elf Arcia had claimed did never exist in the first place, a matter that the countess had contacted Galmair officials about.
That the house of the sea serpent wishes to stain the honor of the noble houses by paying a sum disgracefully demanded by honorless filth such as the Galmair Arcia without even speaking with the countess about it first, does make the countess question what example the baron intends to put forth.
Perhaps everyone can from now forth ask the house of the sea serpent for any sum of coin they want, making up false demands as to why they are owed them?
As to the word of her majesty, the countess has had word of these false claims sent to her already, so she does wonder why the baron would make up such claims that her majesty actually supports such ridiculous demands from a Galmair citizen.
The countess still awaits a reply from Galmair officials on the matter.
~Countess Annabeth

The scribe of the house has written a copy of the parchment originally delivered by a servant.
To prevent the public shaming of this elf who once aided us in battle, it was sent in private.
His disgraceful ways have since been shown to the countess, whom now has no qualms about making the note public.
Arcia

I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about. Never did I order any food or furnishing from you, nor approve of any such thing.
Should you believe otherwise, do show me proof with my signature on it. Or do you perhaps allow your clients to purchase wares in others names, without their signature or approval?

And be a dear and send notes like these to my scribe next time.
The servants may think it trash the next time they find such a crudely written note on my door.

What honor I allowed you with a ceremony I know nothing of. If you refer to the ceremony I had knight Starling hold, she never asked permission to hire a caterer that was not of the palace.

As to what expense my headquarters had, or any of my other building projects like the Malachín temple for that matter, had, it is none of your concern. Especially not as you are a citizen of Galmair.

~Countess Annabeth
As should be obvious, the galmairian elf failed to come up with proof and instead continued to insist his false demands first through letter and then later through more littering of our streets. The parchment attached to this one was the one originally delivered by a servant, whom confirmed the elf received it.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

After observing the liches for a while for the past weeks that the countess has been making a stand against the undead forces by Letma,
a vulnerability in the southern blockade has been discovered.
This seems to indeed be the reason for why liches make their way into the temple of Sirani.

~Countess Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

The house board appears to have gone through a renovation itself, all old faded parchments of the countess having been written anew and replaced.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Attention members of the House Desert Fox,

In response to the rumors of our House Noble and Countess Annabeth having disappeared (or worse), I shall step in as the current highest ranking member to assume command of the House and its administrative duties on a temporary basis. Until the rumors are confirmed false or true, I shall do anything that I can to advance the House and cooperate with the Sea Serpent but not as a Noble.

I repeat: I do not take on any duties of a Noble, I only intend to lead the House in the Countess's absence.
The decision of granting a Noble status falls upon the Queen, a status which I will not decline if offered.

If anyone ever has a need to meet me or write to me, you may do so in the Desert Fox HQ, located in the villa closest to the west guard tower next to the river.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Praetor S'rrt K'shire
House Noble
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

Situation at Letma getting worse

Post by S'rrt »

Attention skulk*,

The portals at Mount Letma have definitely evolved.

Some weeks ago there were two portals and a handful of undead present at once.
Some time after that the portals migrated into one and it grew bigger, creating more undead. It also drew closer to Sirani's temple.

Now the portal is even bigger, several paces wide, it's on fire and looks more like a cluster of portals than one.
The amount of demon skeletons, undead acolytes, archmages and mystics is astounding. There are several dozen at once, all around Letma. The thieves and golems are still there, tucked away in their own corners, either having been enslaved or struck a deal with.

Not only that, Baron Ssar'ney has a very good point about the fact that there may be something brewing inside Letma ever since its entrance caved in. It is my suspicion that the megaportal is a guard post, intent to drive anyone out who wants to gain access inside Letma.

With no word from any mages, I'm going to have to contact some from both Galmair and Runewick, maybe even Archmage Morgan himself. The situation is dire and we need the help, unless we want to allow the evil at Letma to grow.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Praetor S'rrt K'shire
House Noble

* group of foxes
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The situation at Letma has gotten even worse.

As I was helping Baron Ssar'ney lure undead away, the mountain and its grounds shook several times, shooting up pillars of fire nearly trapping us in place, blocking entrance to Sirani's temple. Not only that but red portals appeared over the river and a strange rhythmical sound was heard from the desert. If I had to guess, I'd say it was marching.

Baron said he'll make a separate post for updates about the portals at Letma. For now, House members and anyone else is advised to not stay near Letma too long, as it is not stable ground for fighting and fighters could be surrounded in similar manner as we were.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Praetor S'rrt K'shire
Noble of the House
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The gate leading to Sirani's temple from Letma had been left open once more.
Several red skeletons, including a mage, were found and destroyed by yours truly.

As there is no easy way to confirm who this terribly irresponsible and idiotic individual is, I shall have to appoint myself or another House member as a guard on the camp next to Sirani's temple.

Allowing undead to taint the holy grounds of a temple is on par with heresy, not to mention greatly dishonorable.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Praetor S'rrt K'shire
House Noble
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

House Meeting

Post by S'rrt »

Members of the House Desert Fox are to meet in the House HQ at sunrise on the 9th of Adras ((18:00 German time on 21. May)). The House HQ is south-west of the marketplace.

At this meeting we will establish who is still dedicated to the House's cause and discuss fighting the undead invasion. If any House members are unhappy with the set time, let me know.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Baron S'rrt K'shire, Noble of the House
Last edited by S'rrt on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

The House meeting left more to hope for. The only attending member besides the House Leader S'rrt K'shire was House Initiate Azure Lynch.

Members were asked in advance to send a message to Leader K'shire if there was any issue with the set time of the meeting. Due to the lack of responses the time was assumed to be suitable.

The House leadership wants to understand the issues of its members but that understanding is difficult to spare to those who have given nothing but silence and absence in the recent months.

Any aspiring House members who wish to continue to serve the Queen through the House Desert Fox are urged to message either the Leader S'rrt K'shire ((forum name S'rrt)) or Head Knight Sir Kraex'Ju ((forum name Kraex)) with their thoughts on both House membership and the current undead invasion.
Kraex

Post by Kraex »

Honor to the Realm and the House,

It is with much pride that the High Knight Kraex'Ju welcomes the Honorary Knight of Cadomyr, Heinrich von Löwenstein, as an initiate tradesman to the House of the Desert Fox. In the days to come Sir Löwenstein will provide prices to his copious list of wares and raw materials for the proposes of trade. The House of the Desert Fox looks forward to assisting Heinrich in his trade endeavors. Furthermore any member or citizen of Cadomyr that seeks better blacksmith wares or raw materials is encouraged to contact Sir Kraex'Ju until Sir Löwenstein is fully established.

Long Live Her Majesty,
Sir Kraex'Ju ___X____
High Knight of the House of the Desert Fox
Scribe Mirarie Bragolin
Desert Fox

Enemy declaration

Post by Desert Fox »

Enemy declaration

The self-proclaimed king Jefferson Gray, living or having lived in Galmair, and the bomber extortionist Bob or Ulquoirra Dreadhart are declared enemies of the House for following reasons:

- open scheming with dark forces
- trying to use undead to attack the settlements
- attacks on Cadomyrian nobility
- two murder attempts on the House Praetor and standing leader S'rrt K'shire

Last edited by Desert Fox on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

For his continued violence (attack on his wife and child) and alarming change in personality, Azure Lynch aka Viktor von Gauss is dismissed from the House of the Desert Fox.

The House is still eager to help him in finding ways to control his mood swings but as of now, he's unlikely to get more chances to prove himself worthy of the House Noble's favor, who feels that Azure/Viktor has been spared enough patience.

Anyone socialising with Azure Lynch aka Viktor von Gauss is hereby warned of his unstable and possibly violent nature.

Last edited by Desert Fox on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Dark column "A" at bridge to Katanbi

All members are to keep a vigilant eye on the new dark column marked with "A" near the bridge to the desert.

Main objective is to report the first instance where fire has completely died down.
Secondary objective is to fight back against any dangers that may emanate from the column and report the attack as soon as health or combat prowess allows.

There are plans to destroy the column. Any other suggestions besides bombs and pickaxes are welcome.

Hail the Queen,
~~ House Noble, Baron S'rrt K'shire
Desert Fox

Post by Desert Fox »

House meeting

The House will gather for a meeting in the House HQ on 22nd Siros, late afternoon. ((22. July, 18:00 German time))

Rewards for member events

The House would like to encourage its members to hold events by offering a reward to those who dedicate the theme of a planned event to the House Desert Fox.
The reward, which will be coins or valuables, is given by either the House Noble S'rrt K'shire of Head Knight Sir Kraex'Ju; the true nature of the reward is subject to the rewarder's wit.