Preparation for War

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Q-wert

Preparation for War

Post by Q-wert »

Tonight Lord Marshal Ssar'ney in company with Hunter Xanthe was assaulted on their visit to Galmair right after stepping out of the Galmarian teleporter. The visits intent was to inspect the damage done by the fire attack and offer the surplus wood left over from the repairs of the also burnt Cadomyrian barricades.

The assailants lying in wait were Jefferson Gray, Azure Lynch and a black dressed lizard unknown to either visitor. The black dressed lizard opened fire right away on the Lord Marshal in close proximity and might have ended his live, had not been for the Hunter throwing himself between the archer and the Lord Marshal. A melee and short exchange of arrows followed with Azure only joining in on command of Gray. The fight resulted in Lynch and the black dressed lizard incapacitated on the ground and Gray fleeing past the gates, sounding alarm, calling for all Galmarian forces and accusing the visitors of numerous crimes.(Murder, as the visitors did strike against those that attacked them, theft as the Lord Marshal picked up a hand full of the arrows he loosened during the fight, to name two). The visitors did not peruse the remaining assailant further than the watch house, state their intent as well as dissatisfaction with the Galmarian welcome and leave.

It might be of note that the trio of attackers was passing through Cadomyrian territory earlier (Lynch breaking Cadomyrian law by doing so), insulting the lands of Her Majesty and threatening the Cadomyrian citizen and desert nomad Ari Nomas who dutifully stood guard during the last night of blood. It might also be of note that it were exactly the same Hunter Xanthe and Lord Marshal Ssar'ney who aided Galmair in breaking the siege ring of undead archers, that had claimed more than one defenders live, just half a day prior.

The House of the Sea Serpent does not tolerate attempted murder of the commanding official serving the Chosen One. The Realm of Cadomyr will remain at arms and ready for combat after the end of the Month of Blood to face any settlement aiming to end the lives of the Chosen Ones representatives and citicens. Citizens of the Realm as well as those considering themselves friends to the Cadomyrian cause are to remain vigilant and wait for orders.

The House of the Sea Serpent does hereby formally request the armed assistance of its Allies, The Bearers of Fire.

For the Realm of the Chosen One,

• ~Ssar'ney
    • Templewarrior of Zelphia
      Lord Marshal of the Realm
      Baron of the House of the Sea Serpent
Written by Lettarius, who had almost believed the fighting would be over with the end of that damnable month.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Re: Preparation for War

Post by Azure Lynch »

A giant of a man approaches the board he is unarmed and in plain clothes.

You are fool Mr. Gray and the lizard where bored during watch so gray told the lizard to shoot arrows at him. Maybe not the brightest decision being near the teleporter. But no attack was intended. So for that I apologize. Now on the matter of me being in cadomyr the last night. I went patrolling and got myself in a bind so I grabbed a portal book not really looking at which one it was a got out of danger. The first two times I came to offer aid and you attacked me. I felt hurt cause time and time again I have shown I do not follow the unamed one. But if me coming to offer aid is such a bad thing. Then I will come before you and the queen for trial.

Azure Lynch.
Herald of Cadomyr

Post by Herald of Cadomyr »

Upon the request of Sir Jonathan Cain, acting as an independent citizen from Galmair, Baron Ssar'ney of the house of the Sea Serpent provided the following requests in return for withdrawing his call to arms.
  • An apology to the Queen about the incident involving a fish.
  • An apology for the events that last involved a fight between citizens of Galmair and the citizens of Cadomyr.
  • Word of the Don that those who are making threats against the realm of Cadomyr at large and the House of the Sea Serpent specifically are doing so without his bidding. Ssar'ney did request that the Don determine an appropriate fine for those involved, and that the fee is to be put to the Galmair treasury and not paid to Cadomyr.
Transcribed by Jonathan Cain and provided upon request.
Negotiating for Peace

When the Galmarian diplomat (and self declared enemy of the House of the Sea Serpent) did what he always did in regards of diplomacy to the Realms of Cadomyr and Runewick during his appointment, nothing, the Galmarian knight Jonathan Cain stood forth to the fill the role of negotiator. He was the first to even ask what the House of the Third House does see ill and what it would take to secure piece. A copy of his transcriptions can be found with this very writing.

While the words used by Cain are not what the Cadomyrian scribes would have chosen, they do indeed tell the conditions upon which preparations for war against Galmair, initiated by the House during the Barons marshalship, will be ceased. It should be noted that the apology in regards of the grave diplomatic affront involving a fish needs to be accepted with a pardon by the Chosen One Herself, as the insult was directed at Her.

Fighting the Dissidents

Ihre Majestät Rosaline Edwards, Erwählte der Goettin, stimmte einer Feldschlacht gegen jene, welche sich Ihrer Herrschaft widersetzen, zu.
Her Majesty Rosaline Edwards, Chosen of the Goddess, approved of a field battle against those opposing Her rule.

There are loud voices, supposedly acting against the leadership of their settlements, crying for displacement of the very representatives the Chosen One appointed Herself. Those with the cause to overthrow the Godsgiven order instated by Her are hereby challenged to stand for their word and take the field or remain silent forever as the cowards they are. The battle will take place in front of the Cadomyrian gates at the 14th of Elos.

Laute Stimmen, vermutlich gegen den Willen ihrer Stadtführung agierend, schreien nach der Enthebung genau jener Vertreter, welche die Erwählte höchstpersönlich einsetzte. Genau jene sind hiermit herausgefordert auf dem Felde mit dem Schwerte in der Hand zu ihrem Wort zu stehen oder für ewig als Feiglinge zu schweigen. Die Schlacht wird vor den Toren Cadomyrs zum vierzehnten Elos stattfinden.

Jene, welche die Cadomyrische Herrschaft stürzen wollen, sammeln sich gegenüber der Wälle mit Rücken zum Grundstein der Aufrechtigkeit. Jene, welche für die Ordnung und den Willen Ihrer Majestät Rosaline Edwards, Ewählte Tanoras, sammeln sich vor Wall und Barrikaden, Gesicht zum Grundstein der Aufrechtigkeit. Die Schlacht beginnt auf Ruf des Horns, sobald die Sonne ihren höchsten Punkt erklimmt und endet sobald eine der Seiten nicht mehr ist.

Those aiming to overthrow the Cadomyrian rule gather facing the walls of the realm and their back to the Cornerstone of Candour. Those standing for the order and will of Her Majesty Rosaline Edwards, Chosen of Tanora, stand and gather in front of barricades and wall, facing the Cornerstone of Candour. The battle begins with the call of horn once the sun reaches its highest place and ends when one side is no more.

The Chosen One does welcome Galmair to prove their intent of peace between the settlements by standing with the Royal forces, High Houses and Allies to to the Realm.

Die Erwählte heißt Galmair willkommen, um seine Absicht für Frieden zwischen den Siedlungen zu beweisen, sich an die Seite der königlichen Streiter, Hohen Häuser und Verbündeten zu stellen.

• Für die Ehre Ihrer Majestät Rosaline Edwards, Königin des Reiches Cadomyr, Erwählte der Göttin,
    For the honour of Her Majesty Rosaline Edwards, Queen of the Cadomyrian Realm, Chosen of the Goddess,

• ~Anthar Vilicon
      • Royal Counsellor
        Knight of the Realm
    • ~Ssar'ney

Kugar

Post by Kugar »

*A small, scared and skinny lad wanders around the entrance of Cadomyr with dead eyes. He looks at passers by with a faint glance but averts them quickly away again. He appears to be under ten years of age and very malnourished.*

If anyone were to approach the child, they may find a letter in his hand that reads:

Cadomyr,

Since your lizard demon waged attack on myself and others in my town, I couldn't help but notice the cries of war. It is rather of amusement to me, since the only thing that crossed my mind after the attack was that I would do most in my power to erase that trouble maker of yours. I find it also rather amusing that he would drag your settlement into an argument that he cannot handle by himself. One, I might add, that you caused by yourself because he crossed the line. It was all very amusing until I realized that the lizard I speak about is the head sheep of your flock. Then I began to shake my head. I talk about someone who would seek to cause war at every turn.

Sarney, I now talk to you: so listen clearly. You have tried to end many of my comrades lives, including my friend and chancellor. This will now stop. Whilst I gave you the benefit of the doubt on Gobaith, I will seek now to remove you from the land of the living. I understand from my fellow men and women in arms that you believe yourself to have a place among gods? I will prove it not so. And you will eat your peace only at my mercy.

Do you honestly think that you can hark the rules of war at me and my comrades (who will destroy you) and we will do as you ask? A sense of self entitlement is good, but, I think you underestimate your enemy. This will not be a war in your terms while it falls into your preference. It will be an ice cold war where I and others will catch you when we see fit. You will die only when I decide. I and the ones who will follow me are not so fickle and idiotic to fall into your prepared war.

People of Cadomyr, I ask for your opinion. Let it be known, Though I doubt you will see this letter.

As for those who will die that do follow him, know only this: You can consider this as an independent threat for which Galmair has not approved. For it is my own. Only the shade of my coat will signal my mercy.

~ Elite Jefferson Gray <>
- Free man (written in blood)
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Those known as the 'Free Men' of Galmair seem to continue with perfidious assaults after their defeat in the field. These attacks are expected happen in small groups and target individuals. The Realm and its allies are to remain vigilant, shout out any sightings of their members and and report their unlawful deeds. Their attacks, all previous ones were repelled successfully, are to be fought off with the primal strength and endurance of the Ushak-Skath.

The last overstepping reported was an attempt of Gray and Joomajin to kidnap Diplomat K'shire under the guise of a duel this very night.

If necessary the High Houses will take the field again, but now it should be the turn of the diplomats to give the unlawful elements known as the 'Free Men' their finishing blow. Their insurgence (which was mostly directed against those they had claimed to support up until now) will only dig their own diplomatic grave.

In the name of the Templewarrior,

• ~Lettarius
    • Scribe of the Third House
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I report because of sir Ssar'ney wish that orc called Juumajin attacked me on skeleton swamps and robbed my equipment.
~Titus Marcelius
Xanthe Talon

Post by Xanthe Talon »

I write this in regards to an attack that happened a few days back. I was running towards Runewick from the Hemptie. When I reached the area north of Runewick, where the fairies live, I noticed a pure water element on the forest ground and also noticed orc Jummajin running towards me. I carefully picked up the pure element and stored it. Then Jummajin started threatening me, saying that pure element was his. Tanora blessed me with this pure element and not the impure orc Jummajin. He proceeded to attack me after I refused to hand the pure element over to him. I bested him in the attack. Jummajin retreated and still continued to make threats to me, saying that I am on his "list" now. I'm not sure if Jummajin is allowed to be in that area or if that is out of bounds for his "Free Men." Tanora blessed me that day with the gift of the pure element and also the strength to defend myself and beat Jummajin in the attack. The faithful and pure will prevail to the opposer.

Xanthe, Templeguardian of Zelphia, Member of the Sea Serpent
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

I am curious of when this attack happened. And besides yourself are there any other witnesses.

Azure Lynch
Galmair Guard.
Co-founder New Dawn Distillery
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Recent events have made clear that Galmair is unwilling to enforce the deal made between the Don and Her Majesty Rosaline Edwards. Only the self proclaimed enemy of the Third House Dreadheart was punished for his transgressions, while the other heads of the band calling themselves 'Free Men of Galmair' are allowed to do as they please.

In addition to the transgressions listed above the House of the Sea Serpent found criminal (and commander of the Galmarian town guard) Jefferson Gray hunting in Runewickian areas off limit to him twice (the dragons- and thieves den), with Gray claiming have the verbal agreement of 'one' Counsellor and proving unable to bring forth a written approval. Criminal Gray even went so far as to threaten the Templewarrior with, so his words "Ripping his tounge out and sticking it up his arse.". Willing to keep the peace wished by Her Majesty, Gray was let go unharmed when he could have been legally slain, even when the criminal was outnumbered.

The House of the Sea Serpent will put its weight in court in favour of sanctions against Galmair until it reacts to the transgression of its criminals.

For the honour of the Realm and the Chosen One,

• ~Ssar'ney