Attacked by Hew Keenaxe // Angegru

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Attacked by Hew Keenaxe // Angegru

Post by Jupiter »

I request that the authority of Cadomyr deals with a dwarf named Hew Keenaxe for he attacked me, a new citizen of your town. I propose execution on first sight.

Furthermore, I offer 100 gold coins to anyone who brings me the head of this dwarf.

I met this thug in the area around the place that is called Hemp Necktie Inn. I was collecting cherries when he approached me and claimed to be a landlord and I would have to pay him taxes. Of course, I have studied maps of the lands of Illarion in the library of Cadomyr before heading out, so I knew he was lying and just a common robber. I prefered to pay but for some reason he did not accpeted that I prefered to chase me off. Indeed, I wanted to leave. However, just before I was about to touch the magical travelling object to head back to Cadomyr, the dwarf slew me down. I barley noticed what happend for I lost soon consciousness.
Obviosuly, the dwarf left me to die there. When I woke up I found myself in a pool of my own blood and a thorbbing pain caused by a huge gash from the upper right of my chest to the lower left. With the last strength I had, I was able to use the magical object top travel back to Cadomyr. There, the guard Horatio found me and it is becasue of his swift and willing help that I survived.

Only an extraordinary wicked creature would take issue with a man collecting cherries.

Welldar Haneson

--------------------------

Da mich der Verbrecher in einem schwächlichen Zustand zurückgelassen hat, will ich mich bei der Wiedergabe in der alten Sprache auf das Wesentliche beschränken: 100 Goldstücke für dejenigen, der mir den Kopf von dem Zwergen Hew Keenaxe bringt.

Welldar Haneson
Hew Keenaxe

Re: Attacked by Hew Keenaxe // Angegru

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Hew sends a small boy with this note past the guards to place.

First, I dont long fer that town. Then , I would call you a liar. But that wont hold much ground. So I proposes, you put that 100 gold in a trust, by some not hunting me. If they see it, feel it, then come hunt me. Maybe we can make a deal. But this charge is false, and i bet the money is too.
Last edited by Hew Keenaxe on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

As it is the Noble Houses duty to ensure justice in the Realm of the Chosen One, the House of the Sea Serpent takes over this matter. It wishes to remind that other Noble Houses or those holding equal or higher rank than the leader of the Third House have the right to object, which would bring the matter to the Royal Court.

In case Welldar Haneson, citicen to the Realm of the Chosen One, presses official charges against Hew Keenaxe, citicen of the Realm of Runewick, the House does speak the following sentence:

• The individual guilty receives fifty lashes of a whip chosen by the individual innocent on the market place, wielded by the judge.
  • The individual guilty then may leave the settlement of Cadomyr to the waters of the east.

In case the individual guilty reaches the bridge visible from the coast until sunset without setting foot on dry ground after setting to water inside the walls, he may leave as a free man. In case he does not, whether it be alive, conscious or neither, he and all belonging to him become property of the individual innocent. The individual guilty may appear in any clothing to the sentences execution, as long as it is worn from beginning to end.

In case of a charge pressed by Welldar Haneson the Third House will hold a trial with its head acting as judge to determine wither Welldar Haneson is guilty of sullying the honour of Hew Keenaxe, or if Hew Keenaxe is guilty of slaying down Welldar Haneson.
As both are members of Realms recognized by the Chosen One, they may be given a legal representative by their Realm.

In case of a trial the date will be set by the Third House, choosing from times proposed by the individuals at issue. Should one of the individuals at issue not appear to the trial, he is found guilty. The House of the Sea Serpent trusts in the friendship of the two Realms to see anyone involved at the execution, should a charge be pressed.

For the Godgiven order of the Realm and the law subsequent to it,

• ~Ssar'ney
    • Templewarrior of Zelphia
      Baron of the House of the Sea Serpent
Put to paper by Lettarius. Who does find this sentence more entertaining than the usual brutish duels of honour.
Q-wert

note: the charge has been pressed

Post by Q-wert »

Welldar Haneson, citizen to the Realm of the Chosen One, did turn to the Third House and officially put forth his accusation and proposed times for the trial. The accused Hew Keenaxe, citizen of the Realm of Runewick, who does have no trouble finding access to the information published here as apparent by the previously posted letter, may put forth proposed times for the trial himself.
After the passing of one dwarven week the date for the trial will be chosen and announced by the Third House.

In the name of the Templewarrior,

• ~Lettarius
    • Scribe of the House of the Sea Serpent
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

After carefully writing a note, Hew wraps it around a fish and throws it at the Cadomyr gate guard.
It reads..

I dont recognize you authority over me. You are in no position to judge me. I dont pay your taxes, live with you, aint even allowed in your town. And I sure dont live by your laws. I will not be part of your farce of a trial. It be best for all if you just stay clear of me. Mind your boundaries and I will mine.

X
Hew Keenaxe
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Caiah unwraps a parchment from a fish near the entrance after removing her gloves, then reads the smeared words carefully before chuckling and showing it to Taiah. She brings it inside and pins it to the board not staying long enough to note the smell of fish permeating the room as she walks away whispering to someone not seen..

He has a point you know.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

After careful consideration of the times and messages presented, the House of the Sea Serpent sets the time for the trial to the late morning of the 16th of Zhas 8(46). The trial will be held in the city hall above the gate house and apply the protocol of the High Council.
Nach sorgfältigem Abwägen der eingesandten Zeiten und Nachrichten legt das Haus der Seeschlange den Zeitpunkt der Verhandlung auf den späten Morgen des sechzehnten Zhas 8(46). Die Verhandlung wird im Stadtsaal über dem Torhaus abgehalten werden und das Protokoll des Hohen Rates anwenden.

Jenes Protokoll erlaubt einjedem initiale Anwesenheit und dem Adel Cadomyrs, offiziellen Vertretern fremder Reiche so wie Priestern der ehrbaren Götter das Recht frei zu sprechen. Ein sonst jedem muss für jeden Wortbeitrag das Recht zu sprechen von einem der zuletzt genannten drei Gruppen erteilt werden. Traditionell wird die Hand gehoben um das Recht zu sprechen zu erbitten.

Said protocol allows initial attendance to everyone, the right to speak freely to the Cadomyrian nobility, official foreign representatives and priests of the honourable Gods. Anyone else wishing to raise their voice is to be granted the right by one of the former three for each contribution. Requesting the right to speak is traditionally done by humbly raising ones hand.

The Realm of Runewick already agreed on sending a representative for the most likely absent Keenaxe, as well as remaining dutiful to the cooperation contract between the two Realms in case Keenaxe and not Haneson is found to be the guilty one.

Das Reich Runewicks hat bereits der Entsendung eines Stellvertreters für den höchstwahrscheinlich nicht anwesenden Keenaxe zugestimmt. Ebenso wird es den Kooperationsvertrag der beiden Reiche ehren, sollte Keenaxe und nicht Haneson als der Schuldige befunden werden.

Für die gottgegebene Ordnung des Reiches und das daraus schließende Recht,

• ~Ssar'ney
Caligraphed masterfully by the humble Lettarius. Who rightfully claims Keenaxes absence to pose no notable change in total eloquence of the upcoming trial.
Q-wert

On the attack against noble judge Ssar'ney

Post by Q-wert »

Today Hew Keenaxe, citizen of the Realm of Runewick, attacked the judge of the upcoming trial in open daylight just in front of the dutyful gate guard Horatio. The attacker was repelled by the armoured Templewarrior and let go to crawl away, heavily wounded. This attack will merely be considered for weighting Keenaxes hostility towards the Realm to find out wither Keenaxe did indeed attack Welldar Haneson for matters of the upcoming trial.

However: Once trial and execution are over and the Third House is no longer under no obligation to remain a neutral judge, Keenaxe, if still a free man, will be named enemy of the House. This will grant anyone the right to slay him on neutral and Cadomyrian ground, as long as there is no objection from another House or the Chosen One.

In the name of the Third House,

• ~Lettarius
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

The trial has ended and the Third House found Welldar Haneson innocent.
The execution of the culprits sentence will be held on the marketplace and the waters to its west one dwarven day after the trial.

The Third House wishes to remind the sentence to be the following:

• The individual guilty receives fifty lashes of a whip chosen by the individual innocent on the market place, wielded by the judge.
  • The individual guilty then may leave the settlement of Cadomyr to the waters of the east.

In case the individual guilty reaches the bridge visible from the coast until sunset without setting foot on dry ground after setting to water inside the walls, he may leave as a free man. In case he does not, whether it be alive, conscious or neither, he and all belonging to him become property of the individual innocent. The individual guilty may appear in any clothing to the sentences execution, as long as it is worn from beginning to end.

• ~Ssar'ney
Put to paper by Lettarius. Who will remain absent as he has more important duties to perform than watching a dwarf being whipped half dead and thrown into the sea.
Ultoris

Post by Ultoris »

Als Bürger Cadomyrs verlange ich vom hohen Gericht , sofern es Hew Keenaxe ergreifen konnte oder ergreifen wird
die Begleichung einer weiteren Schuld ( 15 Goldstücke ) .
Diese Schuld wurde durch ein anderes Gericht gefällt und noch nicht beglichen .

Im Anschluss eine Abschrift des Urteilsspruches .
Re: Proclamation of sentence

After careful consideration by the Chancellors and myself, the dwarf Hew Keenaxe has been charged for your recent offences of attacking Galmairian citizens, including Chancellor Tialdin. We consider there to be no mitigating circumstances and with sufficient reliable witnesses see no need to waste time and coin on a trial.

For the safety of all Galmairians he is banished from the town until he accepts and fulfils one of three recommended punishments:

1. Supply sufficient wood and bricks to complete the chicken coop and Mage house for the people of Galmair (2000 wooden planks and 3000 bricks).
2. Monetary compensation of 100 gold to be divided between the dwarf Alerich Goldauge (15 gold), an unknown dwarf (15 gold), Chancellor Tialdin (30 gold) and the Don (40 gold).
3. Prison labour to collect 5000 loads of material.

Should he fail to compensate for his crimes or commit any further offences of this nature he will be permanently excluded from Galmair.

On behalf of the Don
Oxi

gezeichnet
Alerich Goldauge
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Hew Keenaxe did flee from the mine that all three settlements share as prison before the sentence could be carried out. According to witnesses in near the Galmarian gate the Galmarian Uhuru Prlyer was seen with the fugitive, providing ample arment for the criminal.

As the criminal Keenaxe failed to swim the waters to the west by the time set in the sentence, he is now property of the innocent Haneson by law. If found on neutral or Cadomyrian ground, he is to be struck down and delivered to the Realm. If still alive, he will receive fifty lashes of the heaviest whip the Queens Armoury can provide and will then under close supervision work off the 1300 blocks of stone he owes to the Realm as well as stones and gems worth the 15 gold he owes to Alerich Goldauge. Should he still be alive by completion of his chores, he will be handed to his rightful owner.

Cadomyr will put efforts into building a dungeon for temporary prisoners of its own, as the settlement of Galmair has proven a most unreliable partner in regards of persecution and even temporary imprisonment of criminals and heretics. No more shall sentenced criminals be freed by those following a misguided concept of freedom.

In the Name of the Templewarrior,

• ~Lettarius