People of Cadomyr

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Aegohl

People of Cadomyr

Post by Aegohl »

People of Cadomyr,

It comes as no surprise that I return after two months journey to find that no end has come to the lies, slander, gossip and retaliations against myself, my former employer the lizard Fooser, and his noble House Stonescale. While perhaps I cannot put an end to the needless bloodshed--which is to say how the Galmairan Army has needlessly cut their own throats on Stonescale blades--I can put a rest to the endless speculation about the actions that culminated in Galmair's ruthless extortion, subterfuge, and aggression.

It begins with the family Moreau, a band of criminals posing as a noble house. They are blackmailers and illegal slavers and I and my comrades have since put a just end to them. The Ambassador to Galmair has been sitting on testimony from Chaol Moreau himself for some time in which he admits to framing Finley Flamard for an act of arson he himself committed and then idly allowing her to be coerced into signing a contract of servitude for it by none other than his own kin. The Moreau family committed the crime, framed another, then profited from her sale all in succession. As one might surmise, I was rather perturbed to find that Chaol Moreau was temporarily staying in Galmair. I was more perturbed to find that Chaol Moreau was playing the part of the repentant and, in even worse taste, out to woo her like a randy schoolboy.

Full expecting what would happen only days later I went to Galmair and my former employer, Fooser, was with me but otherwise a passive observer. It has been said that I was armed which simply isn't the case. My blade remained in it's sheath the entire time. Admittedly, the discussion was heated and both sides made threats. In the end I told Moreau that I know where his family's estate is and if he doesn't leave Finley alone I would find his family.

That was when Brawndara Pain came in and made paranoid and delusional claims. He spoke at length about how he tests the people around him with lies and trickery. At one point Fooser asked him about claims he had made unjustly about the character of Starling of House Stonescale and Pain went into a rage, demanding to know who told Fooser about his little test. When Fooser refused to play along he chose a random one of his colleagues, I believe Jackson, and said he would be punished. Pain's behavior was noticeably different from only days before and I can only assume that he is possessed, doped, or otherwise deranged.

After we returned to Cadomyr, Pain dispatched the buffoon, Azure Lynch, to spy on us. He stood around by the gates screaming at the top of his lungs about losing his memory (which is likely as much of a farce as anything else that comes from this band of misfits) and attempting to get our attention and pity. None was given and even less trust was offered. Though that night he said he was leaving Pain and Galmair's service he returned not long after and was promoted back up the ranks. Apparently he was able to convince Pain he had gotten something of value.

Shortly after this time I was informed that because I worked for Fooser on a pay basis that I owe any debts he owes to Galmair which is outright extortion. There are many more Galmairans who take coins from Fooser. Are they indebted as well?

So then there was Keva Bran, a short-lived member of Stonescale that I had only spoken to in short conversations less than three times. You couldn't really say she was part of the planning or really part of anything in the House. When we heard of the poisoning, though no love was lost for Pain, it was House Stonescale (and not the Crimson Guard, of which she was also a member) who questioned her and when she had no good explanation of why she might have been innocent it was also us who turned her in to Galmair. Upon arriving there to do Pain this favor my life was threatened by one of his thugs who unsurprisingly didn't care at all to arrest Keva, far more interested in taking me. It was only after we left that the grunt must have turned and taken Bran, who might have easily just walked away as he threatened myself and the lizard Teptoc.

After Bran's arrest accusations began to fly as to who it was that convinced her to do such a thing, all fed by Pain's paranoia and Bran's lack of any compunction against lying. Others got in line to tell their own lies. As I've read, the dwarf Ufedhin has a rather interesting version of the story only complicated by the fact that he didn't witness any of it. It's all smoke blown out his beard.

In the end, my fears became manifest. Moreau struck again and under the flag of Galmair and with the protection of the Galmair Army at his disposal he blackmailed Finley Flamard and abducted her away to Albar right from under the noses of everyone while they debated. I was able to bring her back under great duress, personal expense, and not without Flamard suffering a great injury.

So ask yourself, was the crime of my having a heated discussion the cause of all this or has this all been a deranged ploy by Pain with Galmair dancing on his strings? What justice has been attempted by the Crimson Guard for the crimes of Moreau, Pain and the Galmair Army, and the many varied extortion attempts by the Don himself? Is it not a conflicted interest for one lizard to both run the army that should defend our soil from Galmairan invasion and also be the chummy diplomat who was at Pain's bedside when he was poisoned?

Tonight I will turn myself in to Her Majesty Queen Rosaline Edwards and she can judge my innocence or guilt and let that be the end of all this nonsense.

LONO
Q-wert

Re: People of Cadomyr

Post by Q-wert »

Templewarrior Ssar'ney does hereby make use of the advisory seat of the House of the Sea Serpent for the Chosen One.
He requests a report of the travels and happenings of Lono and his companions on Albarian soil to be put forth to the Councillor and the two Houses by the end of the threeweek. The House of the Sea Serpent will take it upon it to deliver this report to the Liege Lord of the former Albarian noble House of Moreau to ensure that relations between the Realm of Cadomyr and the Land the Chosen One hails from remain on good terms.

Praised be the Ushak-Skath and long live the Chosen of the Goddess,

• ~Ssar'ney
    • Templewarrior of Zelphia
      Baron of the House of the Sea Serpent

Put to paper by the most wonderful Lettarius. Who could not imagine such fine women involved in the matter and is sure the Templewarriors worries are unfounded.
Aegohl

Re: People of Cadomyr

Post by Aegohl »

Obviously I can see why this matter was made public rather than directed at me personally. That was completely necessary. Here is your report:

Finley was taken by the Moreaus. I went to Albar to get her back. The Moreaus attacked. I killed them. It was an act of self defense.

LONO