Corruption in our ranks.

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Mephistopheles

Corruption in our ranks.

Post by Mephistopheles »

There is much going on, a vast majority of which I don't know of or cannot prove.

Cadomyr is in peril.

I must request the reader to continue with an open mind free from the influence of whomever ye may think is right or wrong.

The accusations against Drathe Blue are questionable. What professional would first of all try to kill their mark with fire? Perhaps to rid of any possible evidence aye, but that is something to do after the mark is dead from a dagger te tha heart. What professional would show his/her identity to their mark when it's most likely not personal considering they are simply acting on behalf of an employer? Why would a professional attack inside the mark's home town unless it was supposed to be a public kill? What professional would actually go up to a known official of cadomyr completly ignorant of all accusations? oh yes, and why tha HELL would he make a reference te his/her employer? And why is lady Sefja not badly burned if he attempted to kill her with fire?

Anything yet?

Well now I bring up my own difficulties here for all to see since I am refused a proper trial with my own testimony and witnesses.
Banduk wrote:Dear Galmarian and Cadomyrian,

yesterday a dwarf, pretending to be Lord Vern Burnhammer tried to arrest me in the name of Queen Rosalie Edwards in the wilderness.
He accused me guilty to support Uhuru Pryler and claimed that her Majesty call war in between our towns. Since both claims seems to be false I didn’t follow and outrun the stranger easily.

Later I was able to speak with different nobles from Cadomyr including Srrt K’shire and Vern Burnhammer. It is clear that the stranger did not speak in the name of the Cadomyrian realm.

Please be aware about that false subject. He is a dwarf, wearing the same dark armor and clothes like Lord Vern Burnhammer and a unique looking hammer. The main difference is the size. He is much smaller and wouldn’t reach Lord Burnhammer to the shoulder. His speech is more civilized and shows he lived longer time not with dwarven. He seems quite strong but I didn’t test his fighting capabilities.

Banduk Robberhauf el Luastelay
I have also met this imposter and I settled my differences with him rather easily, a few respectful words tegether and it was done. Sad te say a High priest of Moshran has more decency than members of the Queen's own court and the vast majority of Runewick.

I had no idea this imposter also attacked the Runewicker named Alrik Grimler, but one eve I wos helping the master alchemist bring some oils te Runewick and I wos ruthlessly and repeatedly attacked by Brassius the Runewick bridge guard and of course then I found out about my ban. So I had gotten frustrated because it seemed that a simple merchant in Galmair had more honesty than a supposed follower of Bragon. This was obviously a case of slander, the dwarf looked nothing like me, red hammer, shorter than me, not possessing my grand red beard. So going through proper chain of command I went te lady Sefja Ambassador te Runewick. I requested a trial so that the lying slanderer see justice for his crimes against me. Took about 2 dwarven weeks fer a concrete answer and I am te go before the queen and some foreigner and admit a guilt that wos never proven and promise te never do it again. Why am I denied my own testimony, why am I denied the right to present my witnesses. And most of all why does the Queen refuse te listen te her own Barons?

I've looked just a little into Runewick, as much as I wos capable, these Inquisitors who claim so strongly to follow the great elder god Bragon seem to have some quite powerful connections to fell powers. An imp runs around as their assistant.. their leader lives in a stolen body, that is enough for me te see these are godless blasphemers who work with dark powers, and my question is do these dark powers effect our gracious and kind queen? Ever since the last audience I've noticed a rather drastic change in our great and kind queen, her mood has turned sour, she treats her subjects as if they were outlaw beggars. I urge the true followers of the queen to consider this and try your best to end this cloud of darkness that is decending on Cadomyr.

~Vern Burnhammer
Last edited by Mephistopheles on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mephistopheles

Re: Corruption in our ranks.

Post by Mephistopheles »

I have come to a conclusion as te wot I will do.

If the queen decides not te take her Baron's seriously and if the corruption in our ranks so thick, then I shall leave Cadomyr in favor of Galmair. Honor holds te me less and less as I see the goings on and I am fed up with it, I see why the honorable grow tired of it and leave. I said I would try te help the Queen and her kingdom reach great heights, but I am unsure if she wishes me to do so.

I want te stay here and see things through... But I will NOT admit to guilt not even proven by trial, and I will not accept being denied the right of a fair trial te see tha men who do me such injustice get wot they deserve. This is a direct offense against me and I will not lay down and let the same men who do me injustice just step on me with their dirty blaspheming boots.

My kind Queen ye are a great leader and I know ye te be honorable, I do not know wot has changed but I cannot accept this. Ye know I remain true te my word. I dislike Galmair, yet it seems I could live there with at least a little peace, perhaps I could be a headhunter, or perhaps a guard captain? Maybe I could rent a flat an make enough money te retire fer a few years.

~Vern Burnhammer
Keva Bran
Cadomyr

Post by Keva Bran »

A red haired women starts to write and pins a letter to the bottom of the last parchment.

It seems we are swapped around. I agree about corruption amongst our ranks. But wasn't it you that told me to flee is a cowardly act. How would things change if you are not here to help with the change. If you leave where is your honor as a noble. If you go before the queen don't admit guilt admit truth. If then they choose not to listen then frek them. But running away like a coward is not the answer. So like you told me. If you truly our a coward and have no honor left then leave cause Cadomyr has no need for cowards. But if you are not . Then stay and help me try to find away to restore honor to our great queen and our great town.

~Keva Bran~
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I hear ye and truly wish for this lass, but if I am forced te admit guilt in front of the queen and tha very men who do me injustice then by the gods I will not serve her majesty. If her majesty is just and true then I will get my trial, and if it is a true judge then I have no doubt that I will see the men responsible in prison or in combat. I am not completly without guilt because my above post is insulting and degrading te some, I knew it as I wrote it. Yet the queen knows me as true and so I speak my mind.

If the queen is the same queen I have followed thus far then I shall stay and face whatever punishment awaits, but I am done lying down te lhese foreigners walk all over me as if I am their bearskin rug. It is the Queen's choice that decides wot happens. As I said I do not want te leave, I want te see this through, but if I must dishonor myself then I shall do it by leaving, not by laying prostrate as roaches crawl over me.

And dear Alrik and yer supporters, I am poor with politics and matters such as this, but know that I am a master of many weapons and almost unequal in honorable combat. Yer slander is poison in my Queen's ears and if a trial proceeds and ye are given a choice between prison or honorable combat, by yer own god, choose prison.

My Queen, I hope ye understand and choose rightly.

~Vern
Keva Bran
Cadomyr

Post by Keva Bran »

The red smiles as she reads his words.

Sir Vern. If you are forced to do something dishonorable and you choose to leave instead of preforming such act then you will leave with your honor and I shall leave with you for if they force you to leave in such a manner then all hope for cadomyrs honor is lost and those that wish to keep there's should do you he same. But if honor still exist in cadomyr. Then you will have a your trial. I will wait and pray that honor is still here but with the fish leaving I am afraid Cadomyr is cursed.

~Keva
Basto

Post by Basto »

<There is not a lot on the parchment>
"Shame on you. Much shame on you, "Mylord".

For Cadomyr!
- Knight, Thorus Schwarzhain, loyal servant of the Crown.
Rosaline Edwards
Cadomyr

Post by Rosaline Edwards »

Cadomyrians!

I want to remind the people of Cadomyr of this board being a part of the capital of our Kingdom and the openly written word will be noticed by guests, inhabitants and the highest nobles of the Kingdome alike.
Because of this topics brought up here will have comparable consequences to words spoken public and in front of anyone.

On behalf of her majesty, Queen Rosaline Edwards,
Royal Chancellor,
Anthar Vilicon
Cadomyrians!

You are asking for our majesty the Queen Rosaline Edwards to hold trial about something she doesn’t even consider as a crime. All Sir Burnhammer is asked for is to assure the people of Runewick of his good manners and intentions by an oath. There should be no reason to keep a Cadomyrian from speaking an oath to behave as a honourable guest at another town. Her majesty Queen Rosaline Edwards is not fond about the reason for this oath because she trust in Sir Bunrhammers word. But her majesty Queen Rosaline Edwards can understand a town full of scholars seeking assurance after the experience of an attack in their own realm.

On behalf of her majesty, Queen Rosaline Edwards,
Royal Chancellor,
Anthar Vilicon
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I shall write no more upon this board until the time comes for me te meet with queen and this foreigner. As is her majesty's wish.

-Vern Burnhammer
Keva Bran
Cadomyr

Post by Keva Bran »

Keva approaches the board and reads. With a disgusted look on her face writes a retort.

Why should one be made to take an oath to act accordingly when he done nothing wrong.
But I will speak of this no more but the truth will come out.

Keva
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I reneg wot I said about not saying anything more, I have too much te say and so little time te say it for I fear I will not get a trial.

My Gracious Queen ye say ye do not consider the willful lying in the face of the law a crime. But surely In Albar such slander against a high official is treasonous for those who belong te Albar and a heinous crime te foreigners. If I went in te Albar claiming one of their nobles attacked me surely a short investigation would follow then I would be hanged or I would have te face the noble in question in combat te tha death. People get lances te tha face fer less I am sure. Prison is generous.

I has witnesses te speak for me, I am even sure a lad at the Inn could attest te me passy by during the supposed time of the attack, because I wos most likely adventuring or in the spidercave. Not te mention I surely would have Banduk's testimony as te the appearance of the dwarf if my word cannot be taken. I also have the testimony of master Ufedhin for the attack of Brassius upon my person.

Slander is a crime, and a large one at that. If then you must continue with this then please by all means give me a time and I shall stand before ye and take an oath.

~Vern
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Te those it may concern, the very first law of Cadomyr is that of our gods, our Queen is second. This matter is a matter of justice, integrity, honor, and truth, and by Malachin, Irmorom, and Zhambra I will follow these principles or die in the process.

I am still a follower of her majesty, know that, but there is obviously something wrong here if ye read my above posts with a clear mind. Ye'd see it there in them written words.

~ Vern
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It is ridiculous that Mr. Burnhammer will be forced to take this oath after he was clearly slandered. One of our nobles has again been abandoned by the Court, forced to partake in this meaningless gesture, while the very members of said Court have done far worse things against the Kingdom. This should be reconsidered immediately before there are far reaching consequences.

F