Crimson Order of Cadomyr

All about Cadomyr and its Guilds. / Alles über Cadomyr und die Gilden in Cadomyr.

Moderators: Rosaline Edwards, Gamemasters

Crimson Order

Re: Crimson Order of Cadomyr

Post by Crimson Order »

The barriers have been set up for the gates and the bridge!

Citizens are advised to hand the remaining 130 logs to the Chancellor.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

Sir Guy Mitchell has been temporarily relieved from his duty due to an important trip. He is welcome to return to duty whenever he pleases.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

We welcome back Teptoc among our ranks as an initiate. He is a miner and farmer, though is well on his way to learn the way of the sword as well.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

*The parchment has been removed for unknown reasons. Perhaps cleaning of the board.*
Last edited by Crimson Order on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

*The parchment has been removed for unknown reasons. Perhaps cleaning of the board.*
Last edited by Crimson Order on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

Attention!

The Queen's cousin, Duke Valtriot Conterfor, has been staying in Cadomyr for a while now and so I have put forth the members to offer him security.

Mister Conterfor should be accompanied by a CO member if outside the palace.

A leader in the Crimson Order,
~~ S'rrt K'shire
Last edited by Crimson Order on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

Due to her reckless crimes and lack of respect for the Queen, Sarai Flysse has been removed as an initiate in the Crimson Order.

Additionally, Keva Bran is no longer an initiate due to her absence and questionable loyalty.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

Mas approaches again!

Dear members of the Crimson Order, it should be needless to say that we must prepare for the worst during the month of Mas. While we are not great in numbers, we make up for it in our capabilities. Supplies should be gathered, intense training should be acquired and mundane folk should be instructed and trained for the likely occasion of undead attacks.

We don't have much time so let's do the best that we can.

Regardless of the Mas threat, the initiate Teptoc has been promoted to a sworn member.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Last edited by Crimson Order on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

New initiates!

It brings me and the Crimson Order great joy to introduce two very passionate initiates to our ranks, Isis Vanderford and Christian Horton. Within a very short amount of time, they have proven themselves to strive for honor, respect and obedience in the effort to grow and fight for our Queen.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

*The parchment has been removed*
Last edited by Annabeth on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

More recruitments!

The Crimson Order would like to welcome Orryn Patell as an initiate. He appears to be very promising in term of both fighting ability and valiancy and should prove to be another trustworthy and valuable asset to us, should he advance in our ranks.

In addition, we would also like to re-introduce the members Keva Bran and Gina Quessiriel, after they both showed interest in being active again. Keva in particular has promised to improve on her performance since last time and we will hold her to that promise.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

Clarification
With the recent announcement of Galmair in regards to what responsibilities their army holds, I feel the need to stress how the same responsibilities in Cadomyr are split between the Crimson Order as her majesties army, and the royal guard, as her majesties defensive force. A more detailed explanation can of course be read as always on our boards detailing the function of the Crimson Order.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Any army ever known has bore the responsibility of primarily protecting assets they serve as an offensive force whenever needed.

A royal guard protects the nobility and the king or queen, they do not concern themselves with smaller things as their objective is obviously a bit more specific.

This writer and so many others are curious as to what makes the crimson order so different from every other army known te these lands and yonder.

~unsigned
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

The decisions of her queen are left up to her discretion to explain, or not to.
It does however raise my curiosity as to why, whoever the writer of the this note is, or anyone else, would raise question to this decision the queen has made after it has been over two years since the queen has made said decision of separating the responsibilities in this manner between army and guard.
In the future, it would be preferable if anyone with such questions raise them via letters to people involved, and not by cluttering our boards.
At least having the decency to leave a name, as well, rather than voicing your questions or complaints anonymously like a coward would.
The next person to post anonymously on these boards, will have their post removed.

~Annabeth
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

*The parchment has been removed*
Last edited by Annabeth on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

On behalf of House Stonescale as Champion and knight of her majesty, I hereby request the official report as te the efforts te investigate and prosecute the attack on Cadomyrian soil by tha hand of Brawndara and the unknown assailant.

This report can be delivered te me in person or sent by Dove, if ye don't feel comfortable with sending me this report then please send it te Fooser, my superior.

Thank ye.

Knight Vern Burnhammer, Champion of house Stonescale
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

Keva Bran has been removed from the Crimson Order due to her confession to taking part in a serious crime in Galmair. The Crimson Order doesn't condone the actions or location of such crime.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

New grandmaster!

Grandmistress Annabeth has resigned from her position.
This leaves leader S'rrt K'shire to be the new Grandmaster of the Crimson Order.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

My fellow members of the Crimson Order and those whom my statement may concern,

First of all I would like to express great appreciation toward the former Grandmistress Annabeth for naming me the next Grandmaster. Her efforts to act for the betterment of the guild have been great and she would make an impressive guidance in a House or other group.

Long have I acted as a leader of troops in our ranks and now it is time for me to take my share of th. My new role as the Grandmaster shall be a new chapter for the guild as it has been twice now with those who previously occupied the position. Below are some points regarding recent events and some of my own principles in accordance with the Cadomyrian customs. This is to provide clarity not only for corresponding with the guild but also me as the Grandmaster and an Ambassador.

the Crimson Order - "the guild/military force"
the Crown - Her Majesty the Queen and/or Chancellor and Duke Anthar Vilicon

1. I work as both Grandmaster in the Crimson Order and the Ambassador to Galmair
As the main board of the Crimson Order states, the role of the Grandmaster is as follows:
Grandmaster/Grandmistress: There is only one and that shall remain to give supreme balance to the guild. Your voice proves as the great equalizer in any debate or conflict within the guild or by members. When issues need judging the Grandmaster/Grandmistress shall be the sovereign.
Otherwise the grandmaster/grandmistress shares the responsibilities of their leaders below them.
As for my role as an Ambassador, I will quote three documents that the Queen Herself handed to me on 15th of Findos 39 AW:
Patent of Nobility: S'rrt K'shire has been accepted into the rows of noblemen by Her Majesty on the 15th of Findos 39 AW.
Ambassador To Galmair: The royal Ambassador K'shire has been appointed by Her Majesty to serve Cadomyr as a diplomat.
Royal Ambassador: The subject K'shire is privileged to fulfil his post supported by the people of Cadomyr, in accordance with the plans of Her Majesty.
If anyone wishes to dispute the validity of these credentials, they may come to me or ask for any one of the Crown Court members to deliver their questions to the Crown. The current Crown Court members are Annabeth, Ssar'ney of the House Sea Serpent and Fooser of the House Stonescale.

It is understandable that, when I work as an Ambassador, it is easy to assume that my decisions and actions as such are linked to the Crimson Order and leadership in it. Most often they're not linked. However there may be cases where I need to address the behavior of a guild member in Galmair, or the behavior of a Galmairian toward a guild member, in which I will logically be working as both the Grandmaster and an Ambassador if necessary.

Any issues having to do with the military force of Cadomyr, or any issues having to do with diplomatic relations with Galmair, should be addressed to me.

2. The Crimson Order is not a House
This statement has been repeated a number of times by the former Grandmistress Annabeth and I'm only mentioning it here so that none may think that I would allow for this misunderstanding to keep happening.

The Crimson Order has been around for years, before the Crown Court's formation, as the Queen's loyal and trustworthy military force, trades company, charity and a trainer of crafters and militia. Its position has never changed and it has continued to stay unchanged even when the Crown Court members, who are also the House Nobles, were announced by the Queen's Herald.

If Annabeth at any point forms a house, it will be a house of her own as made possible by her being a Crown Court member and a noble, which the guild will help just as much as they help others.

3. Recruitment
While I have been doing my best to seek recruits who have a firm understanding of honor and respect, I will quickly admit that my first impressions of such people haven't always been correct. Nothing disappoints me more than aggressive, disrespectful and stubborn actions from someone whose rationality and obedience I thought I could trust. If you want to be in our military force, you will respect the hierarchy and you will obey the commands of those above you, especially during crisis on Cadomyr soil.

Realising that there is no perfection in recruiting initiates, I will be looking to promote a member into a leader to do some of the recruiting. Until such a member is found, anyone interested in joining the guild should come to me.

The dishonorable behavior which I described before is still not acceptable.

4. Membership in both the Crimson Order and a Noble's House
For a time, the leadership of the guild thought it to be acceptable to freely allow its members to also be members in the Houses Sea Serpent and Stonescale. After observing some difficulties with this arrangement I have decided that, with the acceptance of the House Nobles, a special permission should be agreed upon between a House Noble and myself for every member wanting to be a part of both bodies.

This change is made for the sake of neutrality and avoidance of conflicting interests and hierarchy. The Crimson Order will support any major House plans that have the approval of the Crown.

5. General theme of changes
Any changes made to the guild by my hand are made with the intention to:
- distance it from politics and any similarities with the Houses
- strive to make it into a stronger sword arm of the Kingdom
- promote a peaceful environment in the Kingdom where the former King's customs, and the current Queen's hierarchy, are respected

6. The Crimson Order is bigger than its Grandmaster
More often than what should be necessary, the guild is judged as a whole for any controversial decisions made by its leaders or Grandmaster. It is not easy to make effective and balanced decisions that please everyone but those decisions have to be made regardless.

I shall take full responsibility for my courses of action. If anyone has a problem with them, address your concerns toward me instead of mocking the Queen's choice to make the guild into what it is now.

More notifications such as this are to be expected in the future. Changes to this one may be liable.

Hail the Queen,
~~ S'rrt K'shire
Grandmaster of the Crimson Order, Ambassador to Galmair
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Fellow members of the Crimson Order and citizens of Cadomyr,

Recently I have received two letters from the Commander of the Galmairian army, Brawndara Pain, containing what are unmistakably threats toward several bodies in Cadomyr.

The first letter was made public by the Noble Ssar'ney of the House Sea Serpent and it can be viewed on the board of the House.
((link: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 91#p688491))
In it, he demands that Cadomyr "silences or tames" the Noble of the House Stonescale, Fooser, or he will bring the full force of the army to our walls to do it himself. The letter was sent to me after the Queen decided on a truce, which Fooser gave the terms for and which he has kept to. This letter and demands to restrict Brawndara's violent tendencies have been sent to the Galmairian Chancellors and the Don's Left Hand for consideration.

After the letter was made public, a new letter was sent again by Brawndara:
So i now see your true honor S'rrt you took a friendly warning and made it public. Despite numerous folk telling me not to trust ye i did and this is the return? I don't mind adding ye to my list seeing as you already have more enemies than friends. I will also take in many more of your recruits as shown by Isis now joining Galmair and the army. Ye slimy Lizards will soon see yer blood painting the sands ye have my word on that Old Friend.
~Brawndara
Very few people would mistake the threats in his first letter as a "friendly warning". Obviously I wouldn't keep such a letter to myself, seeing how it clearly promises an attack at our walls to silence someone who has honored the truce. Aside from trying to undermine the seriousness of his previous letter, he has now seemingly declared me as his enemy, has promised to try and steal the initiates of the Crimson Order and worst of all, has given his word that he will spill my blood along with the Noble lizards of the Houses.

The members of the Crimson Order are hereby warned of the aggressive nature of the Commander of the Galmairian army, a behavior which may extend to his troops as well. The Crimson Order won't act on these threats but it will defend itself and the Crown if any such attack previously implied by the Galmairian army takes place.

Hopefully the Galmairian Chancellors will stop Brawndara from exacting a personal revenge through exploiting his position in the Galmairian army. The second letter has been handed to the Crown as evidence and will be delivered to the Galmairian Chancellors for further proof of the intentions of their army commander. The Crimson Order will stand its ground in defense of the Kingdom and its bodies, and any member who initiates an act of war won't be an example of the stance of the guild.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Grandmaster, ambassador to Galmair
Last edited by S'rrt on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Arr, grand te see ye finally take things seriously Grandmaster, it only took a direct threat te yerself te truly understand tha seriousness of tha matter. Maybe this can be a lesson for all in Cadomyr, take yer fellow citizens seriously when they try te tell ye somethen of dire importance. Maybe then in union can we make Cadomyr a better place instead of squabbling about who does wot and who grovels and who doesn't.

United we stand, divided we fall.

~Vern

IsisV
Galmair

Post by IsisV »

I will also take in many more of your recruits as shown by Isis now joining Galmair and the army. Ye slimy Lizards will soon see yer blood painting the sands ye have my word on that Old Friend.
~Brawndara
Aside from trying to undermine the seriousness of his previous letter, he has now seemingly declared me as his enemy, has promised to try and steal the initiates of the Crimson Order with the help of Isis and worst of all, has given his word that he will spill my blood along with the Noble lizards of the Houses.

I think you misread that S'rrt. Because nowhere in his letter was it said that I would help him steal initiates. He simply said he would steal MORE of your CO Initiates.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

This board is for use of the Crimson Order only. Redundant posts will be removed.

Brawndara's writing isn't always easily understood, therefore I apologize to Isis if it was made to look like she is helping him steal initiates. I have removed the mentioning of you.

~ S'rrt
Crimson Order

Post by Crimson Order »

A new leader and two departures

Sir Guy Rocquefort Montserrat Confidemus Pluria Mitchell, or Sir Guy Mitchell, has been raised to the position of a leader, being able to recruit initiates, command members and make decisions regarding the guild that require haste with no Grandmaster around.

Initiates Isis Vanderford and Christian Horton have decided to leave for a life in Galmair and will be removed from the roster entirely. They may re-apply if they return.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Galmair's withdrawal of orders against Cadomyr

The newly appointed Commander of the Galmairian Army, Azure Lynch, has made an announcement to stop "any orders toward Cadomyr". While this announcement is rather vague, lacking any mentioning of the thoughtless and aggressive intentions expressed by the previous Commander, it is still accepted. However the Crimson Order will remain cautious, but not because of Commander Lynch himself as I feel that he tries to be noble.

With no threat from Galmair, or so I should hope, I give the Noble of the House Sea Serpent and Templewarrior Ssar'ney my recommendation to remove the barricade at our gates and consider continuing his planning of the original tournament.

As a personal note to Commander Lynch: it would help any non-Galmairian's understanding of the structure of the Galmairian Army if the current members and ranks were to be updated and made clearly visible.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

((my computer broke down and I don't have an easy access to another one to play so this post was completely unplanned. Please remember that))

*a message with a broken seal has been pinned up, suggesting that it was sent as a message from somewhere else rather than written locally*

Grandmaster's absence

I apologize to those who might have been questioning the lack of my presence in Cadomyr lately but I assure you that there is a good reason, for it is a personal one. I had taken it upon myself to visit my brethren; the tribe from which I came from. I couldn't tell you the length of my visit as it depends on the state of my tribe.

During my absence, Garnet Knight Sir Guy Mitchell will use his judgement as the highest ranking member to resolve issues and assemble any members to fight for Her Majesty the Queen.

As for my position as the ambassador to Galmair, someone else may be appointed to do some of my tasks until I return.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Message delivered and pinned up by one of Her Majesty's scribes
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

*an emerald-colored lizard in armor and a crimson cloak puts his note up on the board with a long look at other Cadomyrian posts*

Your Majesty and Her subjects,

It is not with pride that I return to Cadomyr but with feelings of disappointment and shame. Disappointment because of my inability to understand that the Crimson Order would not hold together on such low numbers and shame because of the thought of such degradation to its current state. However I am not regretful of my journey as I was not only hopeful of the Crimson Order holding on and perhaps even expanding, but also of the importance of the journey. The only regret that I may admit to is not making better preparations before leaving.

Never would I dream of blaming Her Majesty's decision to relieve the Crimson Order of its duty. As painful as it is for me to admit, I agree that it is past the prime where it consisted of some of the most powerful people, not just warriors, that this realm has seen. I hold no doubts that the Crimson Order will be glorious once again, for as long as I draw breath so shall at least one crimson cloak grow darker with the blood of the enemies of the realm. This is not to say that the Crimson Order assumes its position to be the same as it was; it is not, and that's why it shall bend its knee to the Queen's hierarchy as well as commoners and allies of the realm more adamantly than before.

I will need to find time later to locate any remaining members and gain comprehension of the state of the realm. For now, exhaustion from return journey begins to hinder my focus and I must conclude my statement.

Hail to Queen Rosaline Edwards,
~~ S'rrt K'shire
Grandmaster of the Crimson Order,
status of ambassadorship to Galmair unknown

*after staring at the post for a short moment, the lizard walks to other posts in Cadomyr and examines them. He appears to be rather tired, even sleepy**

((so what this post means is basically I had downtime because computer broke but I'm replacing it soon so cool))
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Call for members

Ever since my temporary departure from the Realm and the subsequent denomination of the Crimson Order as the Queen's task force, the numbers in the guild have become low.

As such, this is a call for anyone who wishes to be a part of the following:
  • defense of the Realm alongside but not above the Royal Guard and any current Nobles' Houses
  • investigations, hunts and offensive operations that ensure peaceful rule for the Queen
  • immeasurably valuable and efficient training with any weapon
  • access to vast amounts of gear of various degrees as well as potions and food
  • getting advice and materials in the crafts supported within the Kingdom, especially goldsmithing
  • learning of honorable ways, discipline and tactics from those who have proven themselves time after time
Join us, help us regain the guild's former status under the Queen and be ascended to respected and powerful positions!

Cadomyr needs capable individuals for the coming Month of Blood and it is the perfect opportunity to prove that YOU could be the next leader under the Grandmaster.

Seek me out in Cadomyr or send a message via a courier or a dove to discuss joining. The more capable you are in your given profession, the faster you'll achieve your proper rank.

Message to inactive members: contact me before the end of month of Mas or be taken off the active roster. Re-joining will be required.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Grandmaster S'rrt K'shire
Knight of Cadomyr,
the Queen's ambassador to Galmair
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

As promised, members who did not report to me by the end of Mas have been taken off the active roster.

The guild is still eagerly seeking members.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Grandmaster S'rrt K'shire
Knight of Cadomyr,
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Suspension of the guild

Ever since I came to Cadomyr several years ago, I have been a part of the Crimson Order when its original founders were still within our community. I have always enjoyed working in it, especially during the time when the Queen recognized it as her official military force. However, times are hard and the guild has lost many members in junction with the declining population of Cadomyr.

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I, S'rrt K'shire, the sole member of the Crimson Order, step down from the role of the Grandmaster, leaving the guild passive and inoperative. It pains me to do so as not only is the guild a large part of my identity but I feel it to be injustice to the founders and the first Grandmaster, no matter who is to blame for the state of the guild.

Stepping down as the Grandmaster is for a larger cause: improving Cadomyr itself. I'm leaving myself free of leadership roles so that I may pursue nobility in Cadomyr. My status as the Queen's ambassador to Galmair will remain unchanged.

I wish to thank all of the more devoted members who I've had in the past few years. I do not seek for candidates to take over the guild at this time but perhaps when Cadomyr's numbers grow larger in the future may the guild also be revived.

Hail the Queen,
~~ Ex-Grandmaster S'rrt K'shire
Knight of Cadomyr,