No protection from the Don?!

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Mephistopheles

No protection from the Don?!

Post by Mephistopheles »

~A brindle hound is seen putting up the parchment with it's teeth, it's placed boldly in front of the Crest.~

We pay our taxes and live fairly under the Don, he says he will protect us.

We are not protected! Look at how the other cities have military forces and justice, and then look here to the lonely lizard Qoa.. She's (or he) has been harrassed so many times, brutally attacked and the Council gives no recompense and demands that everyone be peaceful with her attackers. Then what happens? They did it again! What did the chancellor's do? well nothing in regards to Nokh'tar he was dealt with by angry citizens, but Ohiyesa they made mine 1000 lumps of rock. Only 1000, for attacking 3 or more people in our very walls! He didn't even have to pay recompense for the attacks, none at all.

This injustice needs to stop, Galmair citizens demand the protection promised to us for our hard earned money from taxes.

Citizens let your voices be heard and stop cowering from the foul machinations of the corrupt Council, Galmair is supposed to be a place of trade and freedom and so we demand just that!

If the Council can't agree then theres only three options, continue as we are, leave, or stand up.
LucyP

Re: No protection from the Don?!

Post by LucyP »

Qoa wonders who writes this about her?

The three choices do seem accurate to her as Qoa is considering relocation, moving.

Much thanks,
Qoa'tl'quet
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

To Mister Bob and to Amamosa. This will end now....If anyone is hurt, The Tribe or any lizard citizen it will come back to both of you. If anyone attacks the Tribe you will be held Mister Bob accountable... and Any lizardfolk citizen you harm miss Amamorsa will fall to your tribe. You spoke that was fair to me when you spoke of taking mister Ohiyesa's place in the mine.

I have had my fill of this matter and of the disrespect some have for others.

Chancellor Raina.
Instead of holding the individuals accountable, the Chancellor here targets the well known, or notorious citizen Bob. He's often called a trouble maker, but all that is seen is his violent attempts to defend the citizens, in the absence of the Don's protection. Here we can see that if Ohiyesa attacked another citizen nobody would be allowed to harm him still otherwise the citizen Bob would be punished.

How does one justify this? Does this make any sense?

Were the Free men right afterall? Do we have to hold up arms to defend ourselves constantly and yet still be punished? What the hell is this?
Lia

Post by Lia »

A little halfling depends on a note , and tapst giggling away

Then pay more taxes .
Everyone knows that the Don for money does everything .
Maybe you pay too little , as he considers necessary to ensure your protection .

Galmair the city of chaos . i like this name.

sign
The little half from the Kitchen.
Anamosa

Post by Anamosa »

Funny how a coward writes on these boards. And fails to realize. You are a nobody a worthless pile of cow dung. Or he or she would realize that they only speak half truths. The lizard Q. Was handed coins from the Chancellor. Which ohiyesa leader anamosa is gathering for compensation. Which was discussed with a chancellor. She bears the responsibility for his actions. Cause she was on a spiritual journey. When she returned all chaos was let lose. Anamosa does not know the other 2 lizards that was attacked. But if one of them was fooser then there is no compensation needed since he provoked the man to strike after there was an agreement struck for him to compensate q and the other lizard with potions. But if you truly seek justice. Then what of the attack on s'rrt. He yeilded his defeats to gray. Who then attacked him even more for no reason. Yet there is no out cry for him to be charged. So we have one Freeman than provokes violence. And another that doesn't know when to quit his violence. Ohiyesa is confused and still living the old traditional ways. He does not realize alot of these old ways of the serinjah are dead practacise. And anamosa apologizes for her inability to correct this. But after a long talk with a bald man with his head up his arse. It mad me realize. I have been to soft. To soft on my approach to outsiders. To soft on my own people. Ohiyesa will gather his resources then he will take a spiritual journey as well. This journey will help him calm and find his self. Some feel what anamosa said as a threat. But it was not. Are their any lizards missing tails. No. It was a mere warning from a tribe leader that felt she was disrespected. Some forget we are serinjah. We are prideful people. And we lash out in anger. So let me ask you this. Who has never in there past ever done something foolish, or something you thought was right but then everyone wants your head. I'm sure most of illarion cant say this with out it being a lie. Anamosa blamed Lono for the break up of the band but this is not all true. Most of us where not happy take rowtag. He was young and foolish and Lono left him to the woods. We all did. We didn't understand his missing the plains would affect him so. And I believe by us doing this was what started to break us apart. So no anamosa will not abandon ohiyesa. She will help him find his path. So understand the attacks on citizens have been ordered to stop. As you can see no citizen lizard is missing tails. You call for a form of military. But every time galmair formed one the went to war. But there is a defense force. Where where they when these lizards where attacked. Where were the Freeman. No it seems they only apear after the fact to cause problems. They provide no solution just anarchy. Except on Mr Gray did help a chancellor with the nok'tar issue. But the rest only see chaos. Some will say you threatened us as well. Again it was an act of one protecting their family. Who wouldn't do anything to protect there family.

Anamosa
Acting tribe leader of the howling band
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

A deal was made to allow a radical fanatic to enter Galmair and preach sedition. I have four witnesses who heard his "teachings" which included: Serve ones God and not the Don, and "one cannot have two masters". Which chancellors knew about this and when? And more importantly do Oxi, Krunk and Valerio know about this?

F
Anamosa

Post by Anamosa »

Well galmair law means he can preach and worship how he wants. As long as he remains non violent in the boarders of galmair. Then there is no problem. Your sense of freedom is appalling. It seems you can say and preach out against the government. And even slap the don in his face figuratively when you try to break his rules by provoking a fight. And when you went to fight cadomyr. Yet you have the gall to say hey you can't preach that cause I don't believe that. Like I said when he breaks the agreement and no action is taking against him then complain. In the mean time let freedom ring and he preach what heretical words he wishes.

Anamosa
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Citizens,

Ohiyesa is currently serving time in the prison mine. We as chancellors have given him a chance to reform his behavior, he has chosen not to. However, it is not uncommon for us to seek to help new arrivals and even those who are not new the chance to repair their mistakes. One of the rules the don has set in places says that those who do harm are to compensate generously, up to twice. We had tried to allow him to do so willingly.

On the matter of nohk'tar, I had previously spoken to him on these matters and at that point his words and actions were tame. Just as galmair has done in the past, tolerating those on the fringes of their faiths (from those who barely followed any god, to those who were a touch overzealous) we have tried to be tolerant of him. However such actions are warranting punishment.

Finally, there is a great deal of discussion on if the free men were correct or not. From what I have seen and heard, the free men make the claim that they fought to defend innocent life. This being the case, they surely would not seek or support a coup, and put more lives in danger.

As for those writing without names and attacking the decisions that have been made, if you wish to speak in person, feel free. However the don has stated that the chancellors operate within the authority of the don. You cannot demand outrage and crime of speech from the lizard, without also putting your own speech in danger.

Chancellor Artimer
LucyP

Post by LucyP »

Vern Kron wrote:On the matter of nohk'tar, I had previously spoken to him on these matters and at that point his words and actions were tame.
Qoa would ask that "tame" be defined in how it is being used here, because she has been in fear for her life since the moment she met the lizard Nohk'tar. Lizard did threaten her with some strange glowing sword, try to force her to pray, tried to forcibly drag her out of town, then threatened to toss Qoa into the Lake of Life. And all this in just days of meeting him.

Was Qoa to wait for the lizard to actually cause her physical harm before running off and reporting an issue? Before becoming scared? Was Qoa to actually let Nohk'tar "test" her with his sword just to prove his actions were not tame before running off in fear?

Qoa does wish Chancellor would define "tame" for her. If Chancellor means that lizard was tame while speaking to Chancellor, WELL OF COURSE THEY WERE! Don't be foolish.

Perhaps squeamish person who is too scared to sign own name has it right. Chancellor putting others before citizen's well being. This is why Qoa thinking of moving. Qoa been wondering if such a thing would happen in Runewick or Cadomyr.

Much thanks,
Qoa'tl'quet
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

I for one regret ever giving Nohk'tar any mercy. He has proven that he cannot be trusted with the freedom he was granted, thus will be slain on sight like the vermin he is. He is but an outlaw of the lake of life, so it is not within the Don's interest to spare him. He doesn't pay taxes, it's that simple. He will be destroyed.

~ Jefferson Gray <>
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

To Anamosa, and anyone else who talks about freedom...

Freedom does not mean you get to do whatever you want, the Freedom of the Galmairian people means we can trade freely, worship freely, speak freely etc.

However when you speak, you threaten us.

When you worship you force us.

When you're hungry, you target weaker citizens.

You are not allowed to come here and ruin OUR freedom with your bull shit. If you think me a coward then come and meet me...

Names Ulquiorra Dreadhart, meet me any time you want to target another Galmairian, I'll be the last one.
Anamosa

Post by Anamosa »

See again you read what you want to read and understand nothing. I never threatened you or citizens I did say I would leave lizard tails. Never said I would get them from any citizens. But I was convinced other wise. But not by you threats to me but by a chancellor that you say do nothing. I have the right to speak my mind and apparently if it ain't what you want to hear then I don't have the Right. I do not force worship or eat citizens. But if we don't worship your way then we arewrong. Seem you no nothing of freedom. I have read the laws. I don't force my beliefs or my ideals on anyone. But you are like every male I have met. You would rather fight instead of use you words. So when you are ready to pull your head out your arse and wana talk like civilized people let me know. But until then keep spitting your filth cause honestly no one I talked to cares.

Anamosa
LucyP

Post by LucyP »

Once again, Qoa is attacked by lizard Nokh'tar just outside Galmair's gates. Nokh'tar says that this is all right, according to the Don. So long as it is outside of the town's gates, Qoa is fair game and can be attacked, bullied, or whatever. Nokh'tar did threaten Qoa with his sword, again, tried to tie her up with a rope and drag her off, and tried to tackle her down to the ground.

When Qoa spoke to the elfess Chancellor, she said harsher punishment would be granted now. Now? Why? The Don said this was permissible so long as outside town gates. Qoa has no protection. Qoa told the elfess that it is time the lizards stood up and took care of their own. Time to teach lizard Nokh'tar a lesson he won't soon forget.

Let the hunt begin my brothers and sisters and all who support us!

Much thanks,
Qoa'tl'quet
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Out of curiosity which gate did this happen at.

Azure lynch
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

*Raina looks to the board grinning at the unsigned notices*

Unsigned one your words are empty to me as you are not even man enough to sign your name. Are you that afraid of me an elfess to not leave a name. Come now be a man and show who you are and not the coward who hides to cause trouble. like whimpering dog he sent to post his message.

if you fail to place your name it will be ignored as you must not be a Galmair citizen, As they have showed their names and are proud to show their name and not hide it or to leave a mark to show who they are. only a trouble maker from another town maybe or the wilds would hide theirs and I will not waste my time with you any more..

To the others who do have your named signed I thank you for your words and comments know I sent a letter to the other Chancellors to start a town Guard. seeing the outcry of the citizens I feel it is best we have one.. here is my proposal.

We as Galmair need a town guard to protect the citizens. a commander will be in charge of one to two captains depending on the size of it.

The commander will answer to the chancellors 3 and the hand...the captain/s to the commander.

They have my proposal and the names and positions I feel best fit, they will have their choices and we will vote on it.

Chancellor Raina.

One more thing... to the unsigned one at the top that feeling when you go sign your name is likely you wetting or soiling yourself as you are too cowardly even make a single mark to show who are I will leave clean trousers for you at the board so you can sign it and have a clean pair so please sign your notes.