Magic of Malachite/Magie des Malachit

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Kyre

Magic of Malachite/Magie des Malachit

Post by Kyre »

((open roleplay to those that help build))

Great Citizens of Galmair,

I wish to introduce you to the first building in Galmair with a new power source using the Malachite river and the water wheel at the mage house, if it works that is. The plans have come to us from beyond the wall yet still demanded a lot of research to build. Hopefully this wheel will provide us with power for portals and lights in lieu of no magic as it converts the energy of free-flowing or falling water into useful forms of power.

This is a new and positive step taken since there is still no magic in the land however we hope this house will still be an asset to the community when we finally have mana to spare also. Once built, the house will be open to all including tired miners that wish to rest on their long journey before going to town. To help build this great house or simply to donate, contact any mage, Kyre or Oxi. Thanks for everyone's patience in this exciting project.

Kyre
Last edited by Kyre on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyre

Re: Magic of Malachite/Magie des Malachit

Post by Kyre »

There have been a number of questions on the house and yes, there are runes in all the walls and around all the bricks inside. My personal runes were some I have learned by experimenting on the carvings when I practiced carpentry. I haven't found the exact combination but feel I am getting close to one of healing and even closer to protection.

Today many more were there to add bricks and runes on the mortar, Evie, Raina, and the apprentice Samantha managed a small part. Oxi must have been supervising since he didn't do much and it consisted of watching while the rest of us gossiped and worked. I would talk more of the mages and the runes but will allow each to say what they will and keep any of their secrets in the symbols.
Kyre
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

This is true. I was there helping add runes and bricks, I learned in my studies and experiments. But will not speak their uses for protection of the mage house should it come under attack by magic to protect those inside, Even accidentally knocking down one of the freshly built walls. And to help defend mister Oxiana he was likely put to sleep. with the gossip going on.*Raina's lips part in a grin thinking back on the night they worked.*

I was really happy to see us all come together and get the building this far, Miss Evie, mistress Kyre and miss Sam.

Raina.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Sarangerel comes along to inspect the work done. She eyes the visible runes on the surface and attempts to sense those on less obvious places. Attempting to figure out the basic idea how the mechanism is supposed to work.