The Journey

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Kyre

The Journey

Post by Kyre »

Taking out her journal, Kyre writes late at night when everyone else is asleep but the smallest soon-to-arrive. Apparently that is time for little ones to start kicking making her belly feel like an onion field after a hard game. Softly whispering with just one candle flickering near...

Taking up all the bed, hah!

She'll just climb out rather then toss and turn this time even though he would never admit she was fat. Her bond mate knew how to stay out of trouble well!

Grinning, she begins to write...

I finally convinced him of the necessity of our trip to have this child..that I needed magic and the birth would be so much easier. Simply sailing past the dead zone would help yet why it took so long I don't really understand. He felt it wasn't safe but what is unsafe if I have my magic? At least now it is happening and the trip will be even better then planned. For the first time I'll meet his family. Or.. is this good?

At least the children have no reservations though Teilra is disappointed she can't take all her toys and Finn follows his Papa's words to the letter trying to help me with everything when Smith isn't here. That boy worries me, he is much too serious and responsible for his age...

Yawning, knowing she would be unable to stay awake much longer and feeling the young one in her belly finally subdued, Kyre scratches a quick list before blowing out the candle.

Pack gifts for all his family
Tell Purple I found the other gifts
Send a parchment to Evie when we plan to go so she can keep an eye on the house.
Pack some smaller clothes to wear after the baby comes
BUY BABY CLOTHES AND BABY BLANKETS.
Get all ready to leave after the race-hire help to transport bags to harbor
Tell the Don when we expect to return
Tickets in bag.
Search for a druid before we leave to make Oxi happy

Leaving all on the table for the morning, she makes her way back to bed, proud of avoiding a couple of stray toys on the floor seen previously by the double moon light while muttering.

Things become a challenge when you can't see your feet.
Oxi

Re: The Journey

Post by Oxi »

Hauling an excessive quantity of baggage he cursed all the distractions of Galmair, having forgotten to hire any help to take their luggage ahead. He smiled proudly to the young boy gamely stumbling along with a bag of toys almost as big as he was.

"You are too soft on that sister of yours."

The baggage was probably just Kyre's revenge as she had been lugging their child about these past months. He would bite his tongue and try not to grumble at the elfess waddling slowly ahead.

The Captain was already boarding passengers by the time they reached the harbour, they would not have long to wait. His mind wandered back to the events of the race earlier as they waited to set sail. Now maybe it was for the best Kyre had insisted they left Illarion for the birth. Perhaps she was right and he wasn't enough, that politics alone couldn't protect their family... only magic could.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Immediately upon boarding.. briefly watching as the excited children meet other children and a ship game offered by the purser is started for them, Kyre walks to their bunk to lay down, not having felt good for the past few days. As the ship sets sail with it's bow toward deeper waters, the bell tolls to remind all of the impending meal. Opening her eyes after a quick nap, she sees Oxi standing there with a hand out to help her stand.

Ready to eat?

Shaking her head,

Go ahead, I'm not very hungry at the moment, save me something for later.

At his worried look, she sighs.

Oxi, what were your plans, you were expecting to arrive at your family then me have this baby?

Immediately explaining more at his confused nod.

I think your plans don't always happen when you want them to. How fast is the ship going...I'm hoping we go past the dead zone soon.

Last edited by Kyre on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

As the ship moves further from shore, the water slowly turns a deep blue then when the shore is no longer seen on the horizon and the sails are open fully taking advantage of a light breeze, suddenly a power rushes through Kyre. She now knows everything will be fine. No longer feeling as if she was in a cave, no dead zone..she was whole again. Gasping in relief though it may be interpreted as pain by someone watching, she whispers with eyes closed..

Would you go see if a druid is on the ship?

As he rushes out the door, she uses her neglected skill for the first time in ages by slowly moving the heavy chest until it totally blocks the door. Once satisfied she would remain alone, Kyre attempts to relieve some of her pain with a few MES PEN's while rubbing her belly with a calming motion of her hand.

Everything will be fine now.. it is time to see the world. First just you and me, then Papa but no strangers will be here, so all is safe.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Frantically he sought the ship's master in hope that he would know of any druid aboard. As he raised his hand to knock loudly on his cabin door realisation struck.

"Damn Witch"

He could feel it, she'd done it again... sent him off on some wild goose chase for a druid she never even wanted while she brought their child into the world. He'd fallen for it just as he had with the Witchling. He hurtled back towards their cabin, slamming his palm against the sturdy door as he found it stuck fast.

"Kyre! Let me in."
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Immediately after her hard efforts are rewarded with a small one in her arms, Kyre jumps at the loud bang on the door and winces at Oxi's shout. Her ebony hair lays damp around the face with the effort of birth and magic but neither she nor the baby are in any pain or discomfort. Giving one last MES PEN for the small witchlet in her arms, she then holds a shaky hand toward the heavy chest blocking the door yet only manages to move it six inches before her mana is dissipated. Kyre then attempts to speak over the sudden loud crying of the child's sweet voice heard for the first time...

Smith, I can't open the door more but your daughter wants to see you, can you get it the rest of the way?

Holding the child up from the blankets, giving Oxi a brief view through the crack, she then allows the impatient babe to suckle after swaddling her while he works on opening it yet still manages to mumble between the banging of his efforts.

I don't guess you happened to bring any food?
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Straining against the door, Oxi relents momentarily to gaze through the gap to his new born daughter. Renewing his efforts he shoves the door open, rushing to the mother's side.

"You are both well? I will never trust you again... you're intent on me missing the birth of our children."

In the dimly lit cabin he grins to Kyre, lightly caresses the babe's lock of light hair, in stark contrast to the dark eyes staring up at him.

"Qiana isn't right..."

He murmurs hesitantly.

"She is our Branwen."
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Glad he wasn't terribly upset, knowing he would eventually forgive her, the witch had trouble figuring out all the varied and many reasons why she did what she did. She didn't wish to deprive him or hurt him at all yet at the same time just couldn't allow Smith to be with her then. Nodding to herself watching him gloat proudly over his new daughter, she vowed that one day she would make an attempt to explain, maybe after figuring it out herself, possibly when they were lazing around in the branches of a tree like they used to on Gobaith.

Touching that shock of almost white hair on the top of the baby's head, Kyre tilts her head in puzzlement, the rest of the hair looked the same color as Oxi's... well what little wisps of hair could be seen at all. Suddenly a vision interfered with her thoughts ..An unusual white raven.. why? Was that why Oxi changed her name to Branwen? She wondered if the dark, ebony eyes and that hint of points at the end of her ears would change or stay that way. She was very beautiful even admitting, as a mom, she was prejudice in the extreme. Grabbing a little food out of Oxi's bag and nibbling while greeting the rest of the excited family.. laughing as two children run all out to see who can make it first to see their sister then coming to an abrupt stop at the end of the bed with mouths open in surprise, Kyre holds out both arms..

Careful, climb up here but quietly, she is sleeping.

Many whispered questions later, the children finally settle down as Oxi arranges to put them both to bed in the cabin attached.

Kyre holds her newest up to whisper softly...

Your Papa doesn't realize how much trouble two witchlings will be.. poor man.

Laying the sleeping babe in a bassinet provided by the ship's crew, Kyre sleeps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The days of ship life seem to blend together as they all become routine and the sea remains calm. While no change is seen in Branwen's eyes and the crew finally quit commenting on her hair color, the babe rarely cried yet intelligent eyes gaze upon the world curiously. Finally there was a loud shout echoing around the ship from each crew member.

Land Ho!

Just swaddling Branwen and adjusting her blouse after feeding her, she lay the babe on the bed as her older daughter walks in the room without a stitch of clothes on and proclaims.

I'm a baby also!

Wrapping her arms around the waist from behind Kyre pulls her close and whispers to the toddler.

You will always be special to me!

Winking at her daughter's proud words..

Of course and I am needed now...so I should get dressed?

Kyre nods helping her but also gazes to the quiet one, Finn.

You also young man!

Continuing to pack, no one comments on Finn's deep red blush allowing him to compose himself privately before they disembark. Clothes that were originally neat are thrown in bags hurriedly. As they get in line with the other passengers, Kyre teleports the bags to the ground near the pier then turns to Oxi appearing somewhat wan and pale....

Oxi, How long of a trip until we arrive at the bottom of mountain, then how long to climb it?
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Oxi gives her an incredulous look, one eyebrow raised.

"You don't honestly think we are going anywhere today do you? You're exhausted Kyre!"

Without waiting for the inevitable protest he gathers up their luggage and ushers the two older children towards an inn not far from the harbour.

"Finn keep hold of your sister."

The inn was a homely affair and was a favourite from his rare ventures of late from Galmair. They were quickly made welcome and provided with enough lunch to feed an army. Once Kyre and the babe were settled comfortably in their room, Oxi took the disgruntled Witchling over his shoulder and with Finn following closely left to arrange a waggon to take them as far as the river.

"Now you have to promise not to tell, I have a surprise, tomorrow you will meet Uncle Sadi and he is going to carry all our bags across the mountains."

Now he just had to hope his wayward younger brother managed his task and met them at the river with some mules.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Well rested after the Inn, with a large breakfast on their stomach, the carriage arrived for them to continue their journey. The interaction between Oxi and his younger brother, who wasn't near as serious, was interesting and sometimes funny. Kyre could imagine Oxi being like him if had a different background...she liked him immediately and they got along well from the start.

Frowning at both Oxi and his brother giving her the same grin she walked up to the ugly beast at the river after giving the children a glance happily sitting atop the mule they shared...

You can't be serious, we are to ride these?

Hit from behind by a stray swish of it's tail she turned to Smith..

There is no other way?

After some minutes of discussion.. an unhappy Kyre, with Sadi holding the babe, gradually moves up the mountain. Leaning down to mumble to the creature hoping it would understand.

I have some special apples for mules that get us all to the top.

The hazardous trip with ledges the mules seemed to take for granted that when eyes turned down one could see to the bottom of the mountain, even a cavern they traversed through, provided just a brief distraction from the actual beauty of their surroundings. Finally at the top there was surprisingly a large, well appointed house with a garden of vegetables well maintained on the side. Climbing off the mule however presented a challenge in that her shaky legs didn't want to hold her up, using a little magic gave her extra strength briefly as a sigh escaped.

I am actually thankful Galmair has no such beasts.

With Oxi holding the babe and the children flocking around Sadi, Kyre barely breaths preparing to meet the rest of his family hoping all were like his younger brother as far as acceptance of a witch. Attempting unsuccessfully to smooth her wrinkled skirt then run a hand through unruly ebony hair brushed by the mountain breeze, she walks through the door.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Sensing Kyre's apprehension, he reaches for her arm to guide her inside to a large table. As soon as she is seated, a flagon of refreshing juice is put before her by a stout older man, Rashaun, welcoming her to the family home. Plates of meat, cheese, bread and fruits soon follow as she is introduced to Oxi's mother, Daria. Other members of the family soon gather around, eager to meet Kyre and the children.

Chuckling from the corner of the room an elderly man who introduces himself as Ayush speaks up with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Need to get your strength back lass if you're to see much of these mountains and keep up with those two fine young'uns you have there."

He gestures gleefully to Finn and the Witchling, already tucking into whatever is put before them, as the young boy chatters away telling the little girl who everyone is.

"The lad here tells me you're fond of trees, I hope he's going to take you to see the views from the one we used to climb when he was a tiddler? Some of the best views of the valley up there."
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Kyre was surprised they were all so accepting of a witch and even had the old one asking her specific questions about that and elves in general. Apparently they didn't see too many of either. Declining a tour of the mine, the children had a great outing visiting that and other points to see near while Kyre attempted to learn a particular recipe of Oxi's mom they all loved. She now saw the acceptance in the family that Oxi has always had, it was a revelation to see them all together but Oxi was on a time schedule and couldn't stay long needing to get back to his duties in Galmair. All too soon the day came when they packed up and were again on the mules waving farewell. The trip back was fairly uneventful, the newest member of their family still quietly watchful yet the shock of light hair on the top of her head had now turned a bright white and lay gently mingled with the rest of the more natural color hair.

The only part of the trip that saddened her was near the end of the ship's journey when she again lost her magical powers. Home was near, though not like she would like it. It would be truly home and a place to love and nurture if magic was there also.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

As they struggled to the door of their home, seemingly with more luggage than ever, Oxi nudged Kyre and pointed up to the overlooking mountains with a grin.

"Up there is where we will find our respite from Galmair, no excuse now we have our little Branwen."

Confident his family was safe here, that the children would grow up with everything they needed, only Kyre's happiness concerned him. Her joy at magic had been obvious, could he really be enough for her in these barren lands?