Unfounded Rumours

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Oxi

Unfounded Rumours

Post by Oxi »

Fellow Galmairians,

Many of you will have heard rumours from Cadomyr questioning Galmair's involvement in aiding the convict Hew Keenaxe to escape from prison. Unfortunately this is not the first time Cadomyr has misplaced one of their convicts, some of you might remember the elf Avariel that disappeared in their custody. Needless to say any claims against Galmair are entirely unfounded and the dwarf Hew Keenaxe remains banned from Galmair for crimes he committed against our own citizens.

I advise all Galmairians to focus on their daily business and not to be troubled by such uncorroborated statements. We will continue to welcome our friends generously and handle the irrational patiently. Rest assured I will be writing to Her Majesty Queen Rosaline to advise her of Galmair's solidarity and assure her that the accused Uhuru Pryler is entirely accounted for. Uhuru, along with many other hard working, honourable Galmairians was engaged in the construction of hen houses and Galmair's new hospital, not releasing criminals. Hew Keenaxe did indeed appear whilst we were working but that can hardly be considered the fault of Galmair. Galmair has always stood by her neighbours in times of need and I'm sure we will again. Not only do we understand what freedom is, but also tolerance.

In the name of the Don
Oxi

A translation to the old language would be appreciated should anyone have the time.
Rincewind

Re: Unfounded Rumours

Post by Rincewind »

Geschätztes Galmair!

Viele von euch haben vermutlich die Gerüchte aus Cadomyr gehört, die Galmairs Beteiligung an der Flucht des Gefangenen Hew Keenaxe aus dem Gefängnis verkünden. Unglücklicherweise ist dies nicht das Erste-mal das Cadomyr einen seiner Gefangenen vermisst, manche unter euch erinnern sich vielleicht noch an den Elfen Avariel, der aus deren Gewahrsam verschwunden ist. Es ist überflüssig zu beteuern das sämtliche Anschuldigungen gegen Galmair zu Gänze unbegründet sind und der Zwerg Hew Keenaxe weiterhin von Galmairs Grund und Boden verbannt ist, für die Verbrechen die er unseren Bürgen angetan hat.

Ich rate allen Galmairern, sich auf ihre täglichen Geschäfte zu konzentrieren und sich nicht von solch unhaltbaren Aussagen beirren lassen. Wir werden weiterhin unsere Freunde großzügig willkommen heißen und Irrationalitäten mit Geduld entgegnen. Seid beruhigt, ich werde Ihrer Majestät Königin Rosaline schreiben, Ihr von unserer Solidarität berichten und Ihr versichern das die Angeklagte Uhuru Pryler sich vollständig erklärt hat. Uhuru arbeitete hart, gemeinsam mit vielen anderen ehrenhaften Galmairern war sie damit beschäftigt die Hühnerställe und Galmairs neues Krankenhaus zu errichten, nicht Gefangenen bei der Flucht zu assistieren. Hew Keenaxe ist in der Tat während der harten Arbeit erschienen, doch das kann schwerlich als Galmairs Schuld angesehen werden. In Zeiten der Not hat Galmair stets seinen Nachbarn beigestanden, ich bin mir sicher das werden wir wieder tun. Denn wir verstehen nicht nur die Bedeutung der Freiheit sondern auch die Bedeutung von Toleranz.

Im Namen des Don,
Oxi

~übersetzt von Sarangerel~
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Galmairians!

Friends tell me these unfortunate rumours persist in Cadomyr but please refrain from rising to such futile attempts to disrupt our daily business. If you supported Cadomyr in the battle against Akaltut, please list your name below as I wish to be sure Galmairians are remembered for their bravery and devotion to their friends and fellow innocents. I would hate for history to be misinterpreted and it would be an injustice to all free people if Her Majesty had been misinformed.

In the name of the Don
Oxi

~ My thanks to Sarangerel for the translation above.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I did support Cadomyr in the battle against Akaltut...

~Uhuru~
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Dear citizens and friends,

Thank you so much for your efforts of late. It is due to your time and efforts that we have been able to build so much. We have nearly finished a hospital for those who are wounded and hurt in defending the town. We have pulled together our chickens so that now even our livestock will have homes. Through your efforts and Kyre's, we have seen not only improvement in the housing of animals, but of the housing of people, particularly the Inn. We have had our fair share of hardships, from recent invasions, including ratmen.

Yet I am proud to be a Galmarian alongside you all! We still stand, despite these times of trial! Last year, even as Galmair was fighting off various assaults at our gates, I went with you to the gates of Cadomyr to support them, to help a town in danger. Despite frustration, you have displayed patience and understanding. We have held to our codes, and we have worked diligently under the Don.

You have even caused reason to celebrate, from auctions to enjoying games of dice with our neighbors. We have always been a town to speak with our hands and our feet. We pride ourselves on what can be created from the hands, and what we defend in our hearts. We have helped this land. We will continue to do so. We will allow our actions to shine like the gems they are.

Rejoice!

I am proud to serve you all,
Artimer Fault
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I respected Ssarney greatly but it seems some things have changed during my trip away from these lands. All of my close business associates have described erratic and violent behavior from him. It pains me to say as much about another brother but it seems he is becoming increasingly unhinged. Perhaps the curses on the desert lands are not coincidence. First the fish flee the warm and fertile waters and now the earth itself is shaking in anger. The Gods are upset. I would urge Brother Ssarney to do some deep introspection and change his ways. If he does not they should replace his right as a noble with a suitable and competent replacement. Guy Mitchell fits that description.

F