Contest: Statue & Crown

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Uhuru

Contest: Statue & Crown

Post by Uhuru »

16th Eldas 45

Contest: I look for a concept or idea regarding a statue in the likeness of my future husband, the Don, Valerio Guilianni. This is just a drawing or design, not an actual crafted item.

Who can participate: Anyone may participate, so long as they are not on the judging panel. You do not have to be a person who knows how to chisel stone or finesmith to enter. If you can draw or explain it well enough to someone who can draw, then you can enter. Only two entries per person will be accepted so think long and hard before you submit a drawing.

Description of item: The statue must be drawn in a way that best depict the Don. It should be clear how he is sitting or standing and what items he wears or holds. There should be a separate drawing of a crown, which will be the finest dwarven crown ever conceived or forged as befitting the Don. It should stand tall and proud as he does. There should never be seen another crown like it before or ever again in all of Illarion. Anticipate that the crown will be crafted separately from the statue and placed on top of the statue.

Materials required: The statue may be made of any material you desire. The crown is to be designed of the finest gold, holding Galmair’s gemstones of obsidian and sapphire, however, if your concept requires it, there may be other materials included. What it must not contain is 500 bars of gold, weighing so much that the Don cannot hold his head up high. Be sure all drawings and concepts are of a practical nature as well as a grand dwarven one. You must indicate in your design what materials will be used for the statue and for the crown.

Deadline: Drawings must be sent to me by dove by the 16th Findos 45 ((9th May 2015)) or they will not be considered, there will be no exceptions. I will then give them all to the judges at the same time on whichever date the judges decide to meet for decision-making. Nobody else will see them before that time.

Judging: The judges will be the three Chancellors, Oxi, and the Don himself if they all agree. If one or more of the judges would wish to participate in the contest, s/he may find a substitute or replacement judge so long as the replacement understands that s/he will not be able to participate in the contest.

Reward: The reward for a design befitting the Don will be a complete set of slight magical gemstones. If it is judged that none of the drawings are worthy of the Don, then the drawings shall be considered voided and the contest shall continue, allowing all to submit more drawings for consideration by a date to be determined. As the reward is of such great value, the drawing or design must be of equal value, so expectations are somewhat high.

It is my hope that we will find a masterful drawing and I can then have the statue and crown crafted by artisans. I thank you all in advance for your participation.

~Uhuru Pryler~
Future wife of the Don of Galmair, Valerio Guilianni
Shenandoah

Re: Contest: Statue & Crown

Post by Shenandoah »

Someone has something scrawled underneath.
The whore of Galmair has the next guy.
How much the Don pay per night?
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Shenandoah wrote:Someone has something scrawled underneath.
The whore of Galmair has the next guy.
How much the Don pay per night?

*Another note is added under the last*

We all know the whore that slept with a committed man and it wasnt my sister. Still jealous of her?
Evie
Shenandoah

Post by Shenandoah »

Someone comes to the board, read the written and frowns. "What they think I am?"
I do not know what do you think who I am.
But I can reassure you. I've been married for years.
And my husband is happy, he does not have to flee to another woman.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

If you are too cowardly to sign your name, do not post notes...

~Uhuru~
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

*snorts*
Funny I never mentioned anyones husband. Keep your trash off this post or have the guts to put your name down.
Evie
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Just two dwarven weeks left, so finish your drawings and send your submissions in to me. Send them directly to me via dove or rat or whatever you prefer. Please review the rules prior to sending me something please.

Thank you everyone...

~Uhuru~
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

A drawing is placed below, along with the note "I require no payment. the chair is for scale"

Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Just one dwarven week left, so finish your drawings and send your submissions to me directly. Send them directly to me via dove or rat or whatever you prefer. Please review the rules prior to sending me something. Please note, anything posted on the board will not be considered as the rules will not have been followed, so the entrant is voided.

Thank you everyone...

~Uhuru~
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Deadline has come and gone. I will ask the judges to arrange a time to meet and judge our entries.

I thank everyone who submitted an entry.

~Uhuru~
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

This has not been forgotten! The judges have the submissions. I am just awaiting the results of their judgment.

Thanks everyone!
~Uhuru~
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

The winner of the contest is Drathe Blue, with the following submission. Drathe, please come get your slight set of magical gemstones.

Statue
Crown
To be cast in the finest gold of the Don. The gold metal showing wealth, the armour his prowess, the shield of wood defence of family and town and and the stone plinth of which he stands the rock in which the gems and gold ore that keep the towns wealth is hewed from.
I will now be looking for someone to create the statue and someone to create the crown. I am taking proper estimates, with lists of resource requirements and costs.

Thank you,
~Uhuru Pryler~