Miner's Hut // Bergarbeiterhütte

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Galmair

Miner's Hut // Bergarbeiterhütte

Post by Galmair »

Dear Citizens,

Rumours are rife at the moment regarding the future renovation of the damaged Miner's Hut, close to the Malachite Mine, and I would like to clarify some issues.

Firstly, the building was damaged some months ago by an as yet unquantified entity. Until we are sure this threat is removed it has seemed unwise to commence any reparative work. It should also be noted the Quartermaster, along many of you who have assisted, have been busy with other building projects in the town, namely renovation of the flats in the Cameo pit and establishment of new rentable quarters above ground in the Sleepy Bujhaar Inn.

Since the night we fought the fire that engulfed the Miner's Hut, numerous suggestions have been made to town officials regarding future use. I would ask that any suggestions are now formally presented here so other citizens can discuss how they would like to see the building used. The Quartermaster will then present all suggestions to the new Chancellors, the Don, and myself in due course. Viability of options, public consensus, and demand for housing will all be considered.

I would like to assure all citizens, each of you has a voice so feel free to use it to bring prosperity to Galmair.

On behalf of the Don
Oxi
Werter Bürger,

viele Gerüchte sind im Umlauf bezüglich der zukünftigne Renivierungsarbeiten der Bergarbeiterhütte nahe der Malachitmine. Ich möchte ein paar Dinge klären.

Als erstes sei gesagt, dass das Gebäude vor einigen Monaten von einem noch immer nicht ganz verstandenen Wesen beschädigt wurde. Es schien nicht weise, mit Reparaturmaßnahmen zu beginnen, so lange wir nicht sicher sein konnten, dass die Gefahr beseitigt ist. Es sollte auch bedacht werden, dass der Quartiermeister, sowie viele von Euch, die geholfen haben, mit anderen Bauprojekten beschäftigt war; nämlich der Erneuerung der Wohnungen im Gemmenschacht und mit dem Einrichten von mietbaren Quartieren im Gasthaus Schlafender Bujhaar.

Seit der Nacht als wir das Feuer, das in der Bergarbeiterhütte tobte, bekämpft haben, wurden den Stadtführen viele Vorschläge über den zukübftigen Gebrauch gemacht. Ich bitte darum, dass alle Vorschläge hier förmlich präsentiert werden, damit andere Bürger darüber diskutieren können, wie sie wollen, dass das Gebäude genutzt wird. Der Quartiermeister wird Vorschläge den Kanzlern, dem Don und mir selbst präsentieren. Realisierbarkeit, gemeinschftlicher Konsensus und Bedarf an Häusern werden berücksichtigt werden.

Ich möchte allen Bürgern versichern, dass ihr alle eine Stimme habt. Nutzt sie um wohlstand nach Galmair zu bringen.

Im Namen des Don
Oxi
Velisai

Re: Miner's Hut // Bergarbeiterhütte

Post by Velisai »

Whatever has been hanging here, doesn't anymore.
Last edited by Velisai on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I have a use for the building when restored. I think it should become the Galmair Magical Research facility. Long has the towns practitioners of the Arcane arts been without a location. The Alchemist even have a building in the market to themselves. This location is beneficial. It is outside of town and provides protection from experiment mishaps. We all recall several town slime invasions from Alchemist accidents. Also the small island by the house is used currently by the magic users of town for rituals. The water encircling the small island provides a natural barrier and break against spell leakage. This protects the town while allowing practitioners such as myself a place to study our art. If this proposal is accepted, my family and I will help provide labor and supplies.

Evie Pryler.

*attached to the note is a drawing*

http://i.imgur.com/03witSD.png
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I was wondering if we could turn this into a Villa to be rented for more income for the Don. It would seem that more above ground rooms are needed by non-dwarven citizens. This seems like a good site, although it is outside the safety of the guards. However, some may like that.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

i would rent it. but i also like evie'sidea either one is better than letting it rot
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

As Quartermaster I too would like to make this into a place to rent however am concerned about the safety of the area for a private home. Would this area solve two things at the same time? We are looking for a home for our chickens. Perhaps place the coop here?

Since it has been hypothesized magic is what set it on fire in the first place, placing magic and alchemy a safe distance from the town can only be a positive. There has already been one serious explosion that killed our master alchemist, and eventually mages may need a safe haven to practice away from town.

More ideas are welcome.

Kyre
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

An great Idea,

I would support the move of the alchemy workshop to the miner's hut. I fear the possibility, that an explosion of the current alchemy workshop could destroy the towngate. The current alchemy workshop could be reworked, maybe to a better place for our guard house or something else.

But I would like to move the depot of the alchemy workshop to the miner's hut too. That also would support our miners. Because of this all the miner's hut would be a new hotspot of miners and alchemists. And the kettle in front of the miner's hut is good to support all with fresh prepard food for all. That should be a good push for Galmairs economy.

~Lenier the Grey~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eine großartige Idee,

Ich würde einen Umzug der Alchemie-Küche zur Bergarbeiterhütte unterstützen. Ich sorge mich schon länger, auch um die Sicherheit des Stadttores im Falle einer Explosion in der gegenwärtigen Alchemie-Stube. Das derzeitge Gebäude könnte umgebaut werden, vielleicht zu einem neuen, größeren Wachhaus oder etwas anderem.

Aber ich würde die Idee damit verbinden, auch das Depot von der Alchemie-Stube zur Bergarbeiterhütte mit umzusetzen. Das käme den Bergarbeitern auch zu Gute. Insgesamt würde die Bergarbeiterhütte zu einem neuen Hotspot für Bergleute und Alchemisten werden. Mit dem Kochgeschirr vor der Hütte haben wir zudem dort auch die Möglichkeit alle mit frisch zubereitetem Essen zu versorgen. Alles zusammen würde das Galmairs Wirtschaft sicher großen Aufschwung verleihen.

~Lennier der Graue~
Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

I am Agree with that. But would prefer a new Depot if possible.
Lennier wrote:An great Idea,

I would support the move of the alchemy workshop to the miner's hut. I fear the possibility, that an explosion of the current alchemy workshop could destroy the towngate. The current alchemy workshop could be reworked, maybe to a better place for our guard house or something else.

But I would like to move the depot of the alchemy workshop to the miner's hut too. That also would support our miners. Because of this all the miner's hut would be a new hotspot of miners and alchemists. And the kettle in front of the miner's hut is good to support all with fresh prepard food for all. That should be a good push for Galmairs economy.

~Lenier the Grey~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eine großartige Idee,

Ich würde einen Umzug der Alchemie-Küche zur Bergarbeiterhütte unterstützen. Ich sorge mich schon länger, auch um die Sicherheit des Stadttores im Falle einer Explosion in der gegenwärtigen Alchemie-Stube. Das derzeitge Gebäude könnte umgebaut werden, vielleicht zu einem neuen, größeren Wachhaus oder etwas anderem.

Aber ich würde die Idee damit verbinden, auch das Depot von der Alchemie-Stube zur Bergarbeiterhütte mit umzusetzen. Das käme den Bergarbeitern auch zu Gute. Insgesamt würde die Bergarbeiterhütte zu einem neuen Hotspot für Bergleute und Alchemisten werden. Mit dem Kochgeschirr vor der Hütte haben wir zudem dort auch die Möglichkeit alle mit frisch zubereitetem Essen zu versorgen. Alles zusammen würde das Galmairs Wirtschaft sicher großen Aufschwung verleihen.

~Lennier der Graue~
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I believe we can move the alchemy house outside of town, but we cannot move a depot outside of town. This just cannot be supported.

~Uhuru~
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

That is a propblem, I see.
But in general such problems can be solved and solutions should be found. In benefit for Galmair.

As long as I can think, the miner's hut is part of Galmairs realm. It is our. And as long as we can hold and take care for it, a depot should be possible. Anything else would be nonsense, because we could not develope our realm without new depots and therefore outposts and any developement of them would be nonsene.

The miner's hut is not inside the town. That is fact. Of course we can not allow, that strangers or enemies have access to our depot-system. But, I repeat, the miner's hut is an outpost of Galmair. In case that we can hold this against enemies, we should be able to place an outpost-depot, not linked with the town-depots. It can be saved by a (regulary payed) guard, like we also have guards on our gates, against our enemies. This all is only a question of our will to develope and our ability to can pay and to hold it military.

~~~~~~~~

ich sehe ein, das ist ein Problem.
Aber im Allgemeinen können solche Probleme durch entsprechende Lösungen behoben werden. Im Anliegen Galmairs.

Solang ich denken kann, ist die Bergarbeiterhütte Teil von Galmairs Einflussgebiet. Es ist unser. Und so lange wie wir diese Bergbauhütte halten und finanzieren können, sollte auch ein Depot dort nicht unmöglich sein. Wäre es das nicht, wäre alles sinnlos, weil wir ohne Depots unser Einflussgebiet und seine Außenposten nicht weiterentwickeln könnten. Das würde jede Entwicklung Galmairs außerhalb der Stadt unmöglich machen.

Die Bergarbeiterhütte steht nicht innerhalb unseres Stadtgebeites und wird auch bisher nicht von Wachen kontrolliert. Das gelände ist daher für jedermann, auch unsere Feinde zugänglich. Wir können nicht erlauben, dass durch ein dortiges Depot Feinde Zugang zu unseresm Depotsystem haben. Aber, ich wiederhole, dieser Außenposten ist unser. Es sollte im bereich des Möglichen liegen, ein Außenposten-Depot zu erreichten, dass nicht mit den städtischen Depots verbunden ist. Es könnte auch durch eine weitere Wache, wie wir sie an den Eingängen zur Stdat haben, gegen unsere Feinde bewacht werden. Die Frage ist nicht ob es möglich ist, sondern ob wir den Willen haben, die Bergarbeiterhütte zu entwickeln, ob wir uns das finanziell leisten könenn und ob wir das auch gegen unsere Feinde absichern können.

~Lennier der Graue~
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Tach Leude,

Lösung: Bau einer Südmauer. Da machma dat Ding einfach rein, ferdich.

Sammy
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

I beg all yer pardons fer adding me bit te this ,i just want te say that moven the alchemy workshop an a depot te the miners hut would be a most short sighted action at the present time.
I do believe the bandit dwarves on the hilltop up above the hut would be delighted te take advantage o' this an make mischief again,according te Galmair histories these bandits under Uri "somethen or other" claims the malachite mine as his and this leaves any such major development o' this hut subject te
danger from these poor misguided souls. Moven somethen o' so great an importance as the alchemy workshop or arcane research te this building is asken fer troubles.
I would call fer complete subjugation o' the bandits afore this wos attempted.

Pedlar ,Ispaghul Stonewort .

Glass blower and apprentice Alchemist .
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

By consensus of the Chancellors and decision of the Don and Hand it has been decided that no more Alchemy places are needed, the town having two.

A house of magic will add a new focus to the town and hopefully bring more interest in Galmairian magic and the study of the earth that is particularly characteristic to dwarves but can also focus on our gods. This study may be just what is needed to bring magic back to the people of our area and not simply monsters. Perhaps, with this addition, the research into magic can expand and encourage others to join our town.

The interest and participation of this topic if very much appreciated. Any recommendations of plans for this house would be welcome.

In the Dons name,
the Chancellors of Galmair
Chancellor Kyre