Flat Restoration

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Kyre

Flat Restoration

Post by Kyre »

Slowly water the color of cold ice moves toward the open areas of the Mountain as if looking for a warmer place for release. There is confusion where it came from yet somehow it looks different, shinier, purer then other water. If venturing into the Flats some may hear the slow drip of this water adding to the moldy stone and rocks then building on the mud.

Two older couple look at the Flats below the city of Galmair..

I don't think we can afford this Ma...Ma where are you?

With a gurgle and face full of mud the old woman looks up from the broken down rotting chair.

Oh... my back!

Yelling for assistance the old man attempts to help her up though is obviously fairly weak himself.

This place is a pig sty!
Kyre

Re: Flat Restoration

Post by Kyre »

After talking to Oxi then inviting the expert Galmairian mages down to look at the seeping crack along the roof of the Flats that gradually angled over the top of Flat Oldra, a plan was put in place to first study the crack, find out any origins, then finally close it up hopefully before any more injuries took place. Was that liquid with some properties of mana... or something entirely different? Most people that saw it thought the liquid from the crack was somehow different yet more study would be needed and quickly. There was even a theory the slime that proliferated for awhile was with the assistance of mana. The Master Alchemist found a way to halt their production by starving not only their food supply but also the mana which was another indication the theory could be correct. Each mage spent long hours preparing their ritual, wishing everything to be perfect and hopefully getting all the answers needed before they attempt to close the crack as a group, and save the Flats from further degradation.
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

Raina enter the flats she spots Evie, Kyre and Oxiana already there as she walks up to them, greetings them. They waited for Ademar to appear wondering where he was, Soon he appeared the test started,

Raina offered to go first her mind racing as she nervously stepped forward, her mind drawing a blank on what to do her she had not thought of magic much and has been out doing researching on other things so she decided to test something simple.

Drawing out a wilted plant she captured a drop of water on a plate, cutting the stem to make a fresh end for the water to be sucked in, she kneeled down and gently held the stem just in the water to let soak up it up. Closing her eyes she spoke in Ancient the words " Mes Pen" focusing her mana to the flower to see if it helps bring it back to life.

Soon a few peddle moved.. as she looked to the others standing and watching. * The peddles moved.. she spoke excitedly.* She grabbed the plate and flower moving to show the others..not knowing if the spell worked or if was breeze, Either way she was excited by the results since there was movement. She let the others see and watch the flower there was more movement but only the other rituals will tell what is there.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

As he observed the others perform their preparations, Ademar withdrew into his memories, trying to think of some solutions. He was unsure how much help he would be able to provide to the others, as his studies normally did not this sort of thing. He truthfully hated being this far below ground, away from the sight of the stars.

Nevertheless, he was here. His preparations and plans came from the desire to learn more about the water, rather than using it or trying to contain it. He wanted to know where it was coming from and he wanted to know what it was. With that in mind, he thought to work with divination magics.

When his turn arrived, he rushed to begin the preparation. Sapphires and stones were his circle, and a bowl of pure water his focus. With strong intent he attempted to channel magical energies into his eyes so that he may see the truth...

As he gazed up at the crack, he believed he saw some light...
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

There is a most dreadful racket and clanger in the tunnels leading to the flats it pauses and goes still at the bridge ,one can now hear heavy puffing and panting ,foul cursing in between breaths in dwarvish.
Ufedhin is dragging a huge long copper pipe to try siphon the liquid into barrels before the mages get to it, the racket come from his dragging the pipe behind him"blast i hope im nay te late ,only Irmorom knows wot those blasted elfs might try te do .....never enuff time"....puff pant...puff...
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Never forgetting her fellow researcher and their talk of the Flats having entrusted him with her more secret thoughts of the mana, showing the crack to him and describing her concern. Hoping he could assist in the research once the mages were done, Kyre has listed in her journal.

Talk with Ufedhin after the rituals...

On the day of the rituals, Kyre is only in awe of her fellow mages. Listening to the drips of the water from the crack, she tilts her head wondering if she heard another noise then shrugs not ever mentioning it to anyone else muttering to herself.

Nargun always has strange noises down here.

Each mage had a purpose for their ritual and all were concerned to find out the most they could of the phenomenon then planned on closing the crack for good yet Kyre's secret hope was to find the beginning of that water.. where it started and continue the research there as she was becoming more and more sure, at least in her mind, it was mana.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Everyone said their rituals and accomplished all they set out to do.. yet the one thing that was the most important. In everyone's mind there WAS mana from that drip. There was now a pond with a strange light coming from it on top of the Flat Oldra, yet even with the crack closed, no one could find the source. Where did it come from? Stealing herself for the inevitable, she even checked the toilets above the crack..no light seen. Saran thought mana could be from the Spirit of the Mountain seen a couple of times before at major events in Galmair. Hopefully someone will find out with their research.. many were studying it now. Next was to renovate the Flats and the most important thing in Kyre's mind was a bridge to the pond in order to do more testing. Taking out her journal late at night after the children were asleep and only Oxi was writing his parchments as Proctor near, she places the pen on the tip of her tongue to dampen then dips it in the dark red substance in the ink bottle before beginning to write.

Bridge-who?
Chairs-carpenters?
Mud-laborers?
Rock removal-check with Ufe?
Permission to extend Flats-waiting
Source-all.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

After lighting the lamp at her table, Evie can be seen scribbling some notes on a parchment in her flat. From time to time she gazes out the window staring at the strange light that has appeared on the Oldra Flat roof. "I have to talk to Miggs tomorrow see what he has managed to get together for workers and estimates. We need to get this mud cleaned up , and get up there and see what this is." She resumes her notes in an ancient language but time and time again her eyes are drawn to the light.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

~ It took Sarangerel a while to scan trough the recent reports, with her tongue stick between her lips she nods slowly to herself. "Well I admit those aren't as useless as expected." She took her pipe and pushed a woodsy smelling tobacco in it, after a while when she thought about her observations she took parchment and quill, ready to report about her conclusions. ~

We really should name this pool. For this report I shall call it:

Pool of Light.

My experiment with the Pool of Light relieved that a talented spellcaster is able to transform evoked mana into drops of pure water. (Kyre I want that bottle you filled up after your research is done, since I created that valuable fluid.) Well, I succeeded once and created something useful, by using the pool. But we still know nothing about it's origin, which might be one of the most important questions to answer. It proved itself stable to many influences and experiments, therefore it's probably an appearance lasting within the mountain we live in since a long period. As I pointed out to the witch already, I assume the Lone Spirit, speaker of the mountain might be in knowledge about the Pool of Light. To try and summon it, appears to be reasonable.

Furthermore I'm lucky to report that the rat I dip into the light itself survived without any harm be done. I don't believe this well of mana is going to explode anytime soon or will hurt those who try to interact with it. Although I advice everyone to behave respectful and with moderate mana emission within it's reach. Since we don't know why the Pool of Light appeared just right now.

Go ahead with your building plans, Sarangerel aproves.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

An old parchment dated three months ago lays shriveled and ignored near the gold statue at the entrance to the arena. Even the red ink is faded and it is unclear who originally it was addressed to as it is hidden by a large mud spot.

I would like to discuss the housing of Galmair. There are a lot that wish a little more room and my idea was to set aside 4 Flats to achieve this. Two Flats with connecting rooms, a simple door. Two more flats with a ladder from one to the other, again connecting rooms for those larger families. This will bring about
*more mud has been splashed on the words here*at the moment, this may encourage more interest.

I would also request since the Inn has plenty of empty rooms, not too many visitors spend the night..have two of those rooms
*there appears to be a hole in this part of the parchment*I can say due to my experience these are the best alternatives.

An added feature would be to build a small place near House Goldvein... there is room for one more place to rent near and still keep the Race area clear.

Kyre
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure steps out his flat looking around he decides to sit in the chair near his flat. But before he does he inspects it. He shakes his head and goes to inspect all the chairs and tables. Azure snakes his head

This will not do he says I must talk to krye maybe I can earn some coin or even a discount on the next rent azure thinks.

He then turns to head back to his flat and closes the door.