An open letter

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Kugar

An open letter

Post by Kugar »

People of Galmair!
  • In these times of uncertainty, we shall not fall victim to the notion that we need rely on any one man to pull us from danger. We are Galmair! We are strong! It matters not who leaves us or betrays us. They shall be banished and stay banished by force if necessary! To say that current matters are complicated would be a fickle exaduration!

We must stay united in the face of our aggressors! This is why I have written this open letter to the chancellors for them to consider my place as commander and chief of the Iron Watch of Galmair. My loyalties lie with Galmair and this loyalty cannot be broken. We need to stand up and be counted!

If there is anyone who thinks themselves to be more suitable than I to take the reigns of the Watch, then let yourself be known!

As the days pass we become more disorganized and our men and women who wish to defend their homes lose certainty and faith of betterment! We need order!

By the hand of the gods we will let none cast a shadow of belittlement or threats against our homestead!
For Galmair!

~ Jefferson Gray of the Iron Watch
Oxi

Re: An open letter

Post by Oxi »

The Chancellors will consider your application to command the Iron Watch in due course, although it should be noted at this time we are also exploring alternatives to the current hierarchy.

It would be best to speak to the Chancellors directly with further details as we are more interested in evidence of substance rather than proclamations.

Any existing Iron Watch members wishing to apply are advised we will of course be paying close attention to their past service to Galmair.

Regards,
Oxi
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

As a loyal and long term citizen of Galmair and owning and running the oldest business from a Gobathian in this great town,. i would endorse Jefferson Gray application for this position.
From a busness and profits point of veiw Jefferson would be perfect fer the job ,he dont have a conflict of interest as he is no business man
nore is he anyones lap dog .An independant, hard military man is what we need in these dangerous times.
Chancellors set aside yer petty power plays an' vote in this man ,if ye has the wits of a forest troll ye will realise we need him .

Ufedhin Copperhand ,Master alchemist and undertaker.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment is added..

Not to devalue previous opinions, I would ask for all to please attend the original request for applications to command the Iron Watch remembering this isn't the place to vote and endorse your best friend nor attempt to reduce the process of the procedure allowing the Chancellors to get ideas and opinions from all their citizens.. even those that are not as demonstrative.

Kyre
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

With all due respect follow the chancellor's due process ,let hope Lestasto and his master and our dear friends the pirates follow due process an not arrive te lop yer heads off while ye natter fer months ,however a watch comander even a temporary one need te be announced an' let not have a tea an' cakes commander but someone wit some grit!

I fought along side this man Jefferson during the largest of the pirate attacks .He coordinated the defense well an' slew many ,possibly hundreds o'
pirates that fateful day, Galmair is not a pirate strong hold due largely te his actions.
I endorse those whom have shown capability on the field of battle not capability at gossip an' tea drinking.
And i think it fair play for the public to know wot this man has done fer our town, and as a debit of gratitude i owe fer keepen Galmair a free town te trade in.

Ufedhin Coperhand,Master alchemist& undertaker.
Alessaina

Post by Alessaina »

Not to poke at the issue further, but I fail to see what Jefferson has done for Galmair besides cause issues and disappear for months at a time.

As much as we are in need of a Commander, we need someone whose best interest lies in the safety of the people of Galmair, and not a title and power.

Alessaina Demelii
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Be greeted, Alessaina,

I'm not quite sure I understand with what you are referring to regarding 'issues', but I can see your point about my attendance. Be informed that I know that with power comes responsibility and, should I be positioned as commander, I would elect to show face more often. But do be under no illusion that I should show face to merely show face and chat with you along side a camp fire, but instead make my presence available when it counts.

I can only apologise if you cannot see any good I have done for Galmair. My apologies extend also, that you weren't witness to my fighting off the beasts of mass or indeed the battle against hundreds of pirates that destroyed our tunnel and attempted to set our town alight. I can only suggest, if you have any concerns of my loyalty or attendance, that you raise them with the chancellors. Should you be able to find them in town.

~Jefferson Gray of the Iron Watch
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

This notice has been ripped off.