Election of Chancellors

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Oxi

Election of Chancellors

Post by Oxi »

Citizens of Galmair!

Now is your chance to influence our future.

The Proctor announced some weeks ago the new Chancellor system to be introduced but we have been distracted by war and other disruptions.

A copy of his announcement is pinned below as a reminder and all citizens are invited to discuss the proposal or express their interest in becoming a Chancellor below this notice.

To allow for sufficient time to prepare for Mas the elections have been delayed a little and will now be held on 17. Elos 41 15:00.

Formal announcement of the election will be made once the venue is confirmed.

On behalf of the Don,
Oxi
Assistant to the Proctor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bürger von Galmair!

Nun liegt es an Euch unsere Zukzunft mit zu bestimmen.

Vor einigen Wochen gab der Proctor ein neues Kanzler-System bekannt, doch sind wir davon durch Krieg und anderen Gegebenheiten abgelenkt worden.

Unten ist eine Abschrift der Erklärung angefügt und jeder Bürger ist eingeladen diesen Vorschlag hier zu diskutieren oder eigene Interessen am Kanzleramt kundzutun.

Die Wahlen werden in Berücksichtigung auf die Vorbereitungen zum Monat Mas aufgeschoben und finden am 17. Elos 41 15:00 statt.

Eine formelle Ankündigung der Wahl gibt es sobald auch der geeignete Ort dafür bestimmt ist.

Im Auftrag des Don,
Oxi,
Assistent des Proctor

Dear citizens,

Today during the Voice of Hour the new chancellor system has been introduced. In order to share this information with those who were not able to attend, I will summarize key points:

•Three or even more chancellors will be appointed after an 'election campaign' depending on how many domains will be determined as reasonable during the next months
• Currently, there are two ideas regarding these domains:
◦Division between domains such as economy, security, politics, spirituality
◦Division between domains such as home, foreign, supernatural

•Everyone is invited to contribute in the discourse about the distribution of responsibilities.
•Each of the chancellors will be promoted to Morgul as long as they are in charge.
•In order to become chancellor, the rank has to be Patrician at least.
•The system will be tested for one year. If required, the system will be modified or abandoned if it does not work
•During the campaign, applicants have to gather support. Support will be measured in coins since any loyalty is mostly challenged as soon as it comes to coins.
•Any income will not be used for tax or donation reward but used to finance town-projects.
•The campaign will end in winter in order to make it possible that the new chancellors can start their work with the new year.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any questions.

On the behalf of the Don,
- Proctor Friedolin Brunsberg

PS: As a reminder, keep your eyes open for sign of the magical diamond of power

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Werter Bürger und Bürgerinnen,

heute wurde bei der Stunde der Stimme das neue Kanzler-System vorgestellt. Um jenen, denen es verwehrt war daran teilzunehmen, diese Information nicht zu verwehren, sollen die wichtigsten Punkte hier zusammengefasst werden:

•Drei oder sogar mehr Kanzler werden nach einem 'Wahlkampf' ernannt, abhängig von der Anzahl der Domänen, die in den nächsten Monaten als sinnvoll festgelegt werden.
•Zur Zeit gibt es zwei Ideen, wie diese Domänen aufgeteilt werden sollen.
◦Aufteilung nach den Domänen Ökonomie, Sicherheit, Politik, Übersinnliches
◦Aufteilung nach den Domänen Inneres, Äußeres und Übernatürliches

•Jede und jeder ist dazu eingeladen, am Diskurs zur Aufteilung der Verantwortlichkeiten teilzunehmen.
•Jeder der Kanzler wird zum Morgul ernannt für die Dienstzeit.
•Um Kanzler zu werden, muss man die Position Patrizier innehaben.
•Das System wird für ein Jahr getestet. Falls notwendig wird das System angepasst oder wieder abgeschaffte, wenn es nicht funktionieren sollte.
•Während des Wahlkampfes sammeln die Bewerber Unterstützung. Unterstützung wird dabei mit Münzen gemessen, da jegliche Loyalität meistens zu Ende ist, sobald Münzen ins Spiel kommen.
•Jegliches Einkommen durch den Wahlkampf wird nicht für Steuer oder Spenden-Ausschüttungen verwendet, sondern zur Finanzierung von Stadt-Projekten.
•Der Wahlkampf wird im Winter enden, um den Kanzlern es mit dem Beginn des nächsten Jahres möglich zu machen, ihre Arbeit aufzunehmen.

Bei Fragen zögert nicht, mich zu kontaktieren.

Im Auftrag des Dons,
- Proktor Friedolin Brunsberg

PS: Zur Erinnerung, haltet Ausschau nach Hinweisen für den magischen Diamanten der Macht.
Ufedhin

Re: Election of Chancellors

Post by Ufedhin »

I will place my name on the roll o' prospective chancellors.

Vote Ufedhin Copperhand, a dwarf that gets things done fer Galmair!
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Citizens of Galmair!

Now that our home has successfully been defended against the horrors of Mas it is time to get back to business and the shaping of Galmair's future.

The election of Chancellors on 17. Elos 41 15:00 will bring to an end the campaign period and is when donations will be submitted to the Don for counting.

Prospective Chancellors and supporting citizens are invited to hand the Don their contribution in a bag to maintain their privacy from onlookers, giving the name of their preferred candidate.

The Don will have spare bags for those of you donating so much you can't afford your own.

Candidates are welcome to collect their own donations prior to the election date, particularly if their supporters are unable to make the election date.

On behalf of the Don,
Oxi
Assistant to the Proctor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einwohner Galmairs

Nun, nachdem unsere Heimstadt erfolgreich gegen den Horror des Mas verteidigt werden konnte wird es Zeit zu unseren Angelegenheiten zurückzukehren und damit auch zur Gestaltung der Zukunft Galmairs.

Mit der Wahl des Kanzlers am 17. Elos 41 um 15:00 Uhr wird der Wahlkampf beendet. Dabei werden die Spenden welche dem Don dargebracht werden ausgezählt.

Potentielle Kanzler und sie unterstützende Bürger Galmairs sind eingeladen dem Don ihre Zuwendungen unter Nennung des Namens ihres Favoriten in einer Tasche darzubringen um ihre Privatsphäre zu wahren.

Unser geachteter Don hat aus diesem Grunde Taschen bereitgestellt für jene, welche viel geben möchten und keine eigene Tasche bereitstellen können.

Kanzlerkandidaten dürfen auch vor dem Wahldatum die Gaben Ihrer Unterstützer einsammeln, besonders wenn diese zum Wahlzeitpunkt selbst nicht anwesend sein können.

Im Auftrag des Don
Oxi
Assistent des Proctors

My thanks to Jerem for the translation.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Copperhand fer Chancellor!

Good Galmairians i will be collecting donations from now on untill the election time.
Come tell me yer concerns ,an how i will be able te personally help when i am elected,
remember yer donation arr fer yer benifit ,fer a strong personal voice in the grand hall
donate now!

Donate te a dwarf that gets things done ,feel that sense o' security knowing ye have
the right dwarf fer the job.

Ufedhin Copperhand.
Alway yer best interests at heart.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

extinguish the fires out of Galmairs gate would be more helpful than writing notes about election on the townboard.

~Jerem
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Dear concerned citizen Jerem thank you for your notice, please feel free to come an' tell me yer concerns or send me a message ,this notice board should only be fer the information on Chancellors an ' written words on the upcomming elections.
(just for the record however, without the defeat of the pirates the fires wont stop, alas although i work tirelessly to see the down fall of such scum,
it will take time for one small dwarf to defeat a whole pirate army,if at any stage you feel able to assist you will be most welcome
)

Thank you ,

Ufedhin Copperhand.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Whilst I can understand concern over talking politics at this difficult time, I do feel it is vital citizens take this opportunity to shape Galmair's future. Selecting the right representatives to be Chancellors is crucial as it will be their role to solve issues affecting the people of this town.

Personally I would like to see the Chancellors form a council to work together in making decisions on behalf of the citizens, rather than having an individual accountable for a specific area. We already have many willing citizens that dedicate themselves to important roles in our community and it is crucial their positions are not undermined. In forming a council, the Chancellors would decide by consensus through a simple voting system on any important matters affecting the town and the recruitment of citizens into official roles. This would avoid certain aspects of town affairs being neglected should one of the Chancellors become unavailable. Citizens would also be able to approach any of the Chancellors to represent them and present their ideas or requests to the council.

As Assistant to the Proctor, amongst other roles, I am of course keen to continue my support of Galmair and I join Ufedhin in nominating myself for election.

Oxi
Kyre

Idea for Chancellors...

Post by Kyre »

A small parchment may be hidden underneath the other parchments of candidates...it is unsure how long it has been there. One seeing the elfess placing it may hear a small mutter as she shakes her head then a quiet chuckle...

Don't worry, the witch is not running.

With a flourish of cursive writing, a plan unfolds for all to consider, add to, or simply tear off as they please. The plan is not even signed however some may recognize the writing.

I envision a system of chancellors that each represent a certain number of citizens in the beginning. It will be their job to hold small, informal meetings with their "constituents" or those they are responsible for to find out any concerns, ideas, wishes and goals for the town. Also they will inform their constituents of any concerns discussed with the other chancellors and the Don. Of course any citizen can see and talk with the Don anytime, but the chancellors job is to fully represent them in town endeavors.

A citizen with a little gold.. depending on how much the other chancellor desires, can switch chancellors if they aren't satisfied with the one originally assigned. I would suggest to allow two dwarfen weeks to first judge this. By donating gold to a new chancellor, a citizen is showing his support and interest to the Don who will get a percentage of this donation. It may even be decided eventually that ONLY donations from citizens would apply for future chancellors.

These chancellors are to vote on all issues, the Don to have the deciding vote on a tie or if one chancellors isn't present. Of course the constituents will also be aware of the vote and which of their chancellors aren't present.

A new citizen is arbitrarily assigned a chancellor and as above.. any, with a donation are welcome to switch. A chancellor that doesn't listen to his/her constituents may eventually have none and no donation to give to the Don. This will greatly reduce the likelihood of them being a chancellor again and also that chancellor will have less influence with the Don. This means that those constituents that donate to their chancellor can get more projects accomplished due to the donation to the Don. This system actually places a lot of the running of the town into the citizen's hands with chancellors as representatives.
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

If we have any say in the matter, I would prefer to see a council similar to the one Oxiana described. Assigning citizens to chancellors seems like it could create many problems. As anyone who lived in Troll's Bane during their Council will tell you, council members have a tendency to become nearly invisible. If citizens are assigned a specific chancellor, and that chancellor decides they just feel like vanishing for a while without a word, where does that leave their citizens?

On a related note, will there be a system in place for if a chancellor does become absent in the town? Perhaps a time limit before the process of replacing them starts would be useful. I speak only as a concerned citizen who has seen similar attempts very nearly fail. The best of intentions mean nothing without careful planning for everything that could go wrong.

Eraisuithiel
Valerio Guilianni
Galmair

Post by Valerio Guilianni »

Of course you can always say what you have in mind and I will take into consideration. But, yes, in the end it is up to me, our gods and the performance of our chancelors.

- Don