"Military reform or if it were up to me"

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Kugar

"Military reform or if it were up to me"

Post by Kugar »

A parchment with eloquently written words has been attached to the well in the city centre of Galmair, entitled "Military reform or if it were up to me"
Fellow citizens of Galmair,

As one of the Gobaith migrants, I arrived to Galmair after the fall of my isle to find a new hope, new ideals, new opportunities and new beginnings. The town of Galmair began to fill with familiar faces and, to put it simply, this place of great wealth began to resemble for me what most people would define as home. Though it would not last long. With haste and circumstance I was called from this place to deal with matters out with my hands. Only to return after many months to find a stranger in its place that I failed to recognize.

For those of you who know of me, please do read my words and know they are of the intention to aid the reformation of a strong militia in Galmair. For those who do not, learn from your elders.

It would seem that there is much confusion as to the state of the guard after the apparent self proclaimed dissolve of the Iron Watch. It would also seem that there are those who would like nothing more than to bicker and snicker than to unite and fight. Speaking as a former military commander, I see that there are those amongst us who wish nothing more than to lift Galmair into prosperity as a land of power and might. Though it would do us all a great favour to be aware of the few that only care for themselves.

The point I am trying to make with all this gesturing is to conclude that those with the power and military foresight step forward and take a lead. It will not come and knock on your doors neither shall it fall into your laps. I have seen great potential in those such as Bartimaeus the Orc, Zzrracck the Lizard, Velin the Elf. These are our military commanders of tomorrow. Men who are not afraid to get their hands dirty. Listen to them. Offer them your swords and axes. People of Galmair unite and show our neighbours that we can stand up next to if not higher than the rest of them.

There is no place for mercenaries among a strong and united military, who wish to act only for themselves. Think twice if you are to think at all. If you do not act then the current threats will increase and soon you may have no place where which to hang your expensive hats.

For the love of the gods, put the position of a military leader to a vote if you must. But by the gods if you do not, then I see no resolution happening any time soon.

Though my words may not carry much weight, my position is clear. Whoever can claim a strong leadership has my undying loyalty. I also offer my services as advisor for those who desire it.

In the hope of resolution,
~<>
~Elite Jefferson Gray
Oxi

Re: "Military reform or if it were up to me"

Post by Oxi »

A parchment is tacked beneath the original statement.
From chaos comes change. It would be a mistake to presume so quickly that Galmairians are incapable of uniting, or to underestimate the loyalty of citizens and friends alike in these difficult times. Bartimaeus and Leon have already pledged with the support of many to lead all those willing to defend Galmair and bring a return to prosperity.

Regards,
Oxi
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

I am glad to see my words have brought about change, somewhat.

I am not completely deluded, you know. You do not need to brag falsehoods. I know more than you think.

Nevertheless. Well done. Even if your choices are misguided and poorly constructed and brash.

~<>
~Elite Jefferson Gray
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

The previous Parchment has been torn off. In its place seems to be the mark of a red lipped kiss...

"I really need to stop being s'harsh on that Oxi fella, uh." Jefferson contemplates as he wanders off to kill something, probably.