Mining golems from Runewick.

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Ufedhin

Mining golems from Runewick.

Post by Ufedhin »

Greetings to all Galmairians,

I write this in response te the offer or help at the last leg of the tunnel by Runewick.
Months have gone past with nothen except lies about us being dark cultists and writing vile
comments in that local paper about us then banning us, now they wish te send Merinium Golems
te Galmair te assist with our tunnel ?
Runewicks offer of aid wit' the tunnel expired months back when they told me te wait for them to decide
when they will help us .
This is Galmair! we know how te mine and dig we dont need te wait fer these Runewickers te decide te
finish playing games an finally get te work.
To late ! Galmairians have laboured te build this tunnel the usual way an it be almost done, an i cannot allow
untested horrors inte the tunnel .
So i say te ye Runewickers keep yer foul golems an ' may they bring ye cold comfort fer we dont want ,nor' need
the help of those wot curse us on one hand then offer aid with the other te build our tunnel..an' i must add
the possibility of these terrible golems haven another agenda add te the fact we dont want em here !

Ye Runewickesr have never once wrote te me about yer help offer or about how te fit yer Magik help into Galmairs
work efforts, and now we dont want nore need yer aid.!

Ufedhin Copperhand. Tunnel manager.

"Please add a comment below this if in support of my statement of no Golems."
Last edited by Ufedhin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyre

Re: Mining golems from Runewick.

Post by Kyre »

Kyre chuckles reading the parchment and adds a signature in blood mumbling...

That should keep them away.

Kyre
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

A note is attached to the main notice.

This fire cult wot condems us all as dark cultists and blood mages will have control o' these horrors!
The order of fire is a totally untrustworthy organisation ,as a long history has proved.

Ufedhin Copperhand.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Well spoken !

I too am wary of these magical, unknown beasts from Runewick! As a Grandmaster Miner and Master Smith, I can assure you that these beasts are made of the strongest metal around! They are Merinium Golems!! Do you know what that means!!!

I needn't tell you that Merinium Ore is so hard, it won't melt in a normal forge, but requires a "Pure Fire' just to melt it into an ingot! Our finest weapons are made from this hard metal for a reason! It doesn't break easily! Imagine a 10 foot beast 'MADE' of Merinium!!! It's enough to give you nightmares! Imagine if Runewick became our enemies....again?????

We all have read in the "Dragon's Call" that these beasts are intended for peaceful demolition, and perhaps they speak true, but actions lately speak more truth! Not only is Runewick and the Bearers specifically, dabbling with 'Blood Magic', but they also Banned our citizens on the whims and false assumptions of their Archmage, and his masters, the Bearers of Fire! Are we now to trust their word, which can change as easily as a gust of wind???

I say NO! No, to these beasts from Runewick, and their untrustworthy masters! Galmair has dug this tunnel thanks to the guidance of Master Copperhand, and we are near the end! This is Galmair's tunnel, and Galmair and their friends will keep the glory of such an achievement, not 'last-minute' constructs by self-appointed 'Masters' of our work! Never!!!

A small voice among many,
~Bernie Bottoms
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

It sounds a risky proposal to say the least, particularly considering the unrest already felt in the mountain.
We are close to finishing ourselves and as Ufe has led us safely this far I will follow his lead.

Oxi
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Why should we trust the help of the Bearers of Fire for the mining of our own tunnel? When one considers their opinion of our people, an opinion held mere days ago as reason for banning us from their walls, it becomes obvious that to invite their golems into our land would be to expose ourselves to danger. What stops their mages from issuing an order to slaughter us in our own mine?

If we wanted golems to speed our work, I trust that local mages and priests could have made an attempt to create them. Of course, had we done so, more accusations of "blood magic" would have risen.

Ademar Taerell
Alessaina

Post by Alessaina »

I cannot speak for myself, since I am always away during the work done on the tunnel. But I feel that we have accomplished this much so far without their help, so why accept it now? I fear that Runewick's attempt at involvement is unprecedented. Perhaps they try to help now because they banned us from entering their gates? Just a theory. I support whatever action takes place with this issue.

Alessaina de' Guordin
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Patience people...!!
We dont know their intent. dont sink to their level and start accusing them without reason..
What they create be their own business...
But being said that, it becomes our business when the golems pass over galmairian boundaries..
under any circumstances..

I agree with Master Copperhand and others..!!
In saying that we've come this far without any outside help..
and we dont need any others now in the last breaking through of this tunnel..
It would have been another matter if they were here from the start..

Though i still think..!!
even from start or in future if the golems were/are to be used inside the boundaries of galmair,
the controls of them should be handed over to our own elemental controllers
be that galmarian witches/wizards or alchemists
we've enough share of them living under the protection of Don

Diplomacy..!!
That be what we need right now..
I urge Master Copperhand
to write a letter to the concerned authorities
stating the current situation and the lack of need of such beings for the last dig..
in nice wordings ofcourse as we be not looking for further confrontation..
nothing shall hinder our progress,
this current situation should not lead to fighting nor word play in front of the tunnel when the dig happens again..
everything should move as smoothly as planned..

Remember..!!
Time is of the essence..
Each moment we waste be less coins we could make..

-Zzrracck"Purple"
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

I have a few hesitations over the golems myself. My main concern is, they were created... they are not like any other golem we know. How long have they tested the creatures? Do they know how stable they are? The tunnel is nearly done, and as pointed out earlier, there is already unrest in the mountain. Why risk something going awry with these things and destroying the progress already made?

I know relations are delicate between the cities right now, and I don't wish to offend anyone, but I am simply unsure that we need the creatures. I say we finish the tunnel the way it was started, and leave the golems for another project once they have been thoroughly tested and proven safe.

Eraisuithiel
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Mr.Oldie wrote:Diplomacy..!! That be what we need right now..I urge Master Copperhandto write a letter to the concerned authorities
I have already written te the Don ' Purple' ,the Don being the only authority that matters.

Ufedhin Copperhand.
Friedolin Brunsberg

Post by Friedolin Brunsberg »

Dear citizens,

I would like to add following thought to your discussion. There have been some danger during the tunnel project such as the dragon and the earthquake. So, I am wondering if it is not better to risk these golems than the live of our citzens?
Anyone who likes to elaborate this thought in a discussion with me in person, is invited to meet me in about one dwarven day.

- Proctor Friedolin Brunsberg
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

we dont need any help from the "Bearers"
we dont need a golem to make our work
we can finish the tunnel without this golem

~Jerem
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

There are mages in Galmair that can control golems also if that is what is needed. We don't need constructs from another town with their controls in Galmair. If Runewick mages can make a construct, Galmair ones can also. Don't allow these things in town from a town that just opened a ban on us. Further, I think it should be illegal to allow constructs anywhere near Galmair from another town.
Kyre
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Friedolin Brunsberg wrote:Dear citizens,

I would like to add following thought to your discussion. There have been some danger during the tunnel project such as the dragon and the earthquake. So, I am wondering if it is not better to risk these golems than the live of our citzens?
Anyone who likes to elaborate this thought in a discussion with me in person, is invited to meet me in about one dwarven day.

- Proctor Friedolin Brunsberg
With regret i have not been available te take up yer invite te meet an' chat on wot ye call a "discussion" ,but we has nothen te hide so let us be public about this. Dear Proctor i think wot i did warn ye of several months back has 'appened. Yer private talks with the bearers on them assisting wit' our tunnel woz nay a good move and should have been held with Galmair public in attendance, this ye would na' hear of, so we has come now te this developement.The Runewickers Golems arr na' welcome,i think it is very clear ,infact it would seem Galmairians rightly pride themselves on wot they has achived without any aid other than some helpers wot arr mentioned with those o' Galmair.

The order of fire has prove an unfriend of late which provides an extra reason te keep them away lest they come te grief in our fine town,due te the lack of wisdom they show.
I would most strongly advise the policy of the tunnel remains a Galmairian affair, we have weathered the dangers so far and as the mountain is restless at the moment we need te let it revert te a slumberous state again. Golems smashing away inside is about the worst thing i could imagine .
I would suggest a sacrifice te the mountains spirit te appease it and send it inte a deeper slumber,our high priest o' Irmorom Tialdin i would recomend fer this .

Wot possible benifit te allow these monster here? none absolutely none ,with the strength of our limbs we have almost achived our great goal,despite troubles of differing types including attempted sabotage from several sources.
Galmairians have built this tunnel and it will either succeed or fail according te Galmairians ,that be the will of the Gods,no outsiders will be allowed to take this from the people!

Ufedhin Copperhand ,Tunnel manager.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Be sure, your opinion will be included in the Don's speach at an arranged meeting with archmage Elvaine Morgan and Djironnyma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seid euch versichert, Euer aller Meinungen werden zur Ansprache des Don zu einem arrangierten Treffen mit dem Erzmagier Elvaine Morgan und Djironnyma Berücksichtigung finden.

~Lennier der Graue
Diplomat und Botschafter Galmairs~
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

If there is an arranged meeting between the Don and the Archmage, I would assume similar representatives will attend with both parties. That is, if Djironnyma is attending, someone from Galmair such as one of our diplomats will attend. Hopefully this will be announced closer to the time.

Kyre
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Keep your nonsense to yourself!
Of course Don Valerio Guilianni will be attended by one of his diplomates. I only tried to prevent the focus of the public on my own person. I only gave you a hint about following happen, because I thought that you should be informed, to can relax in knowledge, that your opinion is heard.

Do not let me think, that this was wrong. To keep the security about my work I also can stop to share with the public again, completly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Behaltet Euren Unsinn für euch!

Natürlich dies Don Valerio Guilianni von einem seiner Diplomaten begleitet. Ich sah es nicht als notwenig auf meine eigene Person blicken zu lassen. Ich gab euch lediglich einen Hinweis zu anstehenden Geschehnissen zu diesem Thema, von dem ich dachte, dass Ihr dazu informiert sein solltet, do dass Ihr euch damit beruhigen könnt, dass eure Meinung gehört wird.

Lasst mich nicht glauben, dass ich darin falsch lag. Um meiner eigenen Sicherheit und der meiner Arbeit wegen, kann ich auch wieder damit aufhören, die Öffentlichkeit über irgendetwas aufzuklären, komplett.

~Lennier der Graue
Diplomat und Botschafter von Galmair~
Leena

Post by Leena »

Please do not trust these constructs...they scare me... as was said a pickaxe can still kill. We do not need them, good honest work is all we need... Leena
Tialdin

Post by Tialdin »

Irmorom sprach in seinem Tempel zu Galmair am 04. Ushos 40:

"Ich bin für alle, die keine Arbeit scheuen und diese selbst verrichten."

Irmorom said in his temple Galmair at 04 Ushos 40:

"I am for all, who don't avoid work and do it themself."

Diesem Satze folgend, erklärt die Priesterschaft Irmoroms zu Galmair,
das wir zu der Auffassung gelangt sind, dass einzig selbst verrichtete
Arbeit den Segen Irmoroms genießen kann und wird.

Gez.
Ihre Hochwürden, Hohepriester des Irmorom zu Galmair, Tialdin von Silberbrand,
König des vergangenen Zwergenreiches Silberbrand, Prophet des Irmorom, Träger der heiligen Axt Irmoroms,
Träger des heiligen Hammers Irmoroms.

Your reverence Highpriest of Irmorom to Galmair, Tialdin of Silverbrand,
king of the bygone dwarfen realm Silverbrand, prophet of Irmorom, bearer of the sacred axe of Irmorom,
bearer of the sacred hammer of Irmorom.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

To all my good fellow citizens,

I would ask for calm on this matter , the voice of the people has reached where is has needed te go.
However feel free te add yer name te the protest!

Ufedhin Copperhand.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Nonsense! Nonsense! Nonsense!

In a town where the mental Sun stands low - insane dwarves and senile witches throw big shadows, it seems.

Anyone who knows some rude basics about Golems knows they are as safe as any other employe you might hire. As long as you arn't a follower of the artisan god who seems to be a poor businessman at all. How to gain REAL wealth, without any employes for the hard work? On the longer view you will accept that a golem is a perfect add to your business - however it might look like! Not like the ordinary Knucklehead you might hired in the past, a golem doesn't have a will of it's own. It's impossible for a golem to mess it up. It's chemically resistant and can work for houers without a sign of exhaustion or obstreperousness! Golems does not feel pain or shame, they will handle even the most dirty work. This constructions are absolutly loyal and bear every secret because they can't speak at all.

Honest work? That gave me a hard laughter my dear Galmairians! Did you forget about the benefit the shadow god grants those who are willing to drop their senseless moral standards about almost everything? A robbery is a brave deed which needs courage and braveness. Thievery and wiliness build Galmair! In the name of freedom, everybody should be free to hire whatever is needed to make the most profit!

Fine people of Galmair! Whoever doesn't went mad yet... be free to leave a message at the hemp necktie Inn to Pre-Order your personal Golem in advance now! For only 599 Goldcoins, one of this constructions shall be your slave until the day it gets destroyed. A day not even your childrens childrens will not see. The first three orders will recieve the awesome bargain offer about only 549 Goldcoins!!

Don't be a knucklehead and get your order done yesterday, the capacity of the Golem factory is limited and you might wait a while until your orders are finished.

The shadow god may shelter the worthy.
Black Cat.
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

*a parchment without any name signed was left pinned to the bottom of the parchments*
Its not the golems themselves that be the problem it seems..
but the ones who control it..
as long as the golems that work in the mine-tunnels of galmair be controlled by galmairians themselves,
most of us wont have any problem it seems..

a good compromise on the issue wouldnt it be?!!!
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

A parchment is written in an erratic but skilled hand

Wot an amusing bit of drivel written by this so called "black cat " mad as a hatter and a coward it would seem,
not only that ,he/she is obviously worken fer the order .
It we want Golems i am sure we can build our own if we felt the need ,however as the mass construction work is almost complete
and the Galmairans arr na' preparen fer war ,the huge expense of maken or in the "black cats" case buying golems is a foolish and
expensive out lay fer very little or no gain in profit.,
I think the black cat should crawl back te it masters an sit by the fire.

Ufedhin Copperhand.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

No foul Golems fer Galmair!

Our great leader stands with us on this, respect te our Don.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hail to the Don!!!!

My words to the Galmair Mining Club express my thoughts best:
"It was good news today to see the Don support his people about the Golems. Mining is honest and hard work that leaves you tired and weary, but is so rewarding to the spirit! What greater joy is there but coffers full of Ores & Gems you dug from mother Earth? No Golem can feel this joy, for mining is a work of "Heart"."

The Don, in his profitable wisdom sees that that these Golems are a danger and an insult to all the hardworking people of this land. We will finish this Tunnel ourselves! We are just Mortals, not Gods, not Golems, not immortals, but simply mortal men and women who can feel pride in something accomplished! More and more people show each time to help with this Tunnel, which shows pride, work and morale of Galmair and its friends!

Thanks be to Galmair and its people and close friends for all the hard work they have done, and have yet to do completing this great "Enterprise"! I am honored to count you as my friends! Now, let's finish that Tunnel!
~Bernie Bottoms