Galmair Mining Club

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Galmair Mining Club

Galmair Mining Club

Post by Galmair Mining Club »

ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
The Galmair Mining Club
((Ubersetze alles bitte!))

Mission:
The Galmair Mining Club was founded on 24 Elos year 40, with permission from Proctor Brunsburg on behalf of the Don.

This is a place for Miners, Masons and Diggers to gather, share and learn from each other, work hard to collect Ores, Gems and other treasures, offer them for sale, donate supplies to worthy projects and thereby enrich each other!

Meetings:
Meetings are held monthly at the “Miners Club” building on the south road between Galmair and the Malachite Mine. Watch for announcements!

Membership:
Membership is open for free to any Galmairian with a desire to learn, work and profit through hard work! By enriching ourselves, Galmair profits too!

Chairmanship will be available once a year in Elos ((Every 4 dwarven months)) on a vote to the general membership. They must be a citizen of Galmair and in good standing with the Don.

Benefits:
Any member is entitled to:
Free Pickaxe or Shovel – If you lose one or cannot afford one, feel free to get one from us!

Free Education – As a member, we will be happy to share with you our wisdom, advice and education about the mines, rocks, treasures and dangers here. Look at our “Nuggets of Wisdom” board or come to a meeting for expert advice!

Membership Roster:
Mining Chairman:
Bernie Bottoms, Grandmaster Miner

Members
Ufedhin Copperhand, Master Miner, Master Alchemist
Leena, Carpenter and Miner
Brawndara, Miner
Last edited by Galmair Mining Club on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Galmair Mining Club

Re: Galmair Mining Club

Club Supplies:
Money:
25 Gold
100 Silvers

Food:
150 Baked Fish

Mundane Materials:
300 Copper Ores
500 Iron Ores
50 Silver Ores
5 Merinium Ores
10 Powders each: Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire & Obsidian
30 Cut Gems: Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, Obsidian
Various numbers and type of uncut gems

Magical Materials
4 Rare Earths
4 Latent Obsidians
1 Limited magical Obsidian
6 Latent Sapphire
1 Limited Magical Sapphire
1 Latent Amethyst
Last edited by Galmair Mining Club on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 am, edited 18 times in total.
Galmair Mining Club

Current Projects we are collecting for:
Tunnel Project: We need Cut Stones, Pins and other supplies to gather and donate for the Tunnel project! This will help the club and every Galmairian obtain Coal free from harm!

Collected:
300 Iron Ores (Given to Brawndara to make Pins & Cotters)

Delivered:
3500 Cut Stones
2500 Pins & Cotters
1500 Bricks
645 Pins & Cotters (Given to Lennier)
600 Pins & Cotters (Given by Leena)
Various Tools (By Leena)
Last edited by Galmair Mining Club on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:01 am, edited 16 times in total.
Galmair Mining Club

Nuggets of Wisdom:
((Note: if there is any problem with the notes here, please send us a message and we can correct them. Illarion changes all the time, and we would like to stay current to benefit new players. Thank you!!))

Mining Basics
To mine for Raw Stones, Coal, Iron, Copper, Gold, Silver or even Merinium you’ll need a trusty pickaxe and a place to mine. Various Rocks yield a variety of Ores and Gems which will be explained later in detail. Brace your feet in front of the rock, and with a mighty swing, use ((double click)) the pickaxe. As you swing, you will expose Stones, ores, gems and even some treasures left behind by old miners like torches, Beer mugs and even lost treasure maps. However, watch out! Sometimes you may disturb a Stinky Slime or other creature sleeping under that rock!

Mine Locations & Reviews
Malachite Mine - SouthEast of Galmair. Danger: Low - Slimes and a disgruntled Dwarf.
A small mine along the main road South. Mostly filled with Iron, Copper and some Gold Nuggets and plenty of Gems. There is a Dwarven Miner here who can help you learn mining. Good Mine for Beginners.

Black Hole Mine - NorthEast of Galmair across two Golden Bridges. Danger: Medium - Slimes, Wild Dogs and occasional Wasps.
A large mine filled with Coal and Silver deposits. Galmair is currently building a tunnel to it to bypass the dangers along the road to allow beginners and non-fighters to get to the Mine.

Scoria Mine - Within Galmair. Danger: Medium - Poisoned Mummies and Embalmed Slaves
Although this isn't really a Mine, it used to be one. Now its dark depths serve as Galmair's Arena, Sewers, Orc Warrens and Temples to both Ronagan and Nargun. Lots of dark twists and turns so bring a light!

Glittering Cave - West from the Necktie Inn. Danger: High - Golem and many Slimes
This Mine lies deep in dangerous territory filled with horrors that eat away at your strength with swarms of monsters, however the rewards are there. This is the only place we have found that contains veins of Merinium Ore! This Ore is harder to get and rarer than Gold, and can be found in the small Iron rocks in the mine, along with Iron, Coal and many gems. Be sure to never travel here alone, but hire plenty of help and be patient, the Ores do not come fast!

Liberty Quarry - Northeast of Cadomyr. Danger: Low - Occasional wandering beasts
A large mine along the main road East, and then North from Cadomyr main gate. Mostly filled with Iron, Copper and some Gold Nuggets and plenty of Gems. Good Mine for Beginners.

Cornerstone of Condor - South of Cadomyr. Danger: Low - Scarabs, Hounds and occasional thieves.
A large mine filled with Coal and Silver deposits. There are some dangers getting to the mine, but inside is relatively safe. The Mine also sits underneath the Temple to Malachin.

(More Mine Reviews coming!)

Rock Types
Iron Rocks (Small & Large) - Full of rich veins of Iron Ore. Also Obsidian, Ruby, Amethyst and Topaz Gems. Are also known to contain veins of rare Merinium Ore in the Glittering Cave. (Picture Soon)

Coal Rocks - Full of rich veins of Coal, Silver and some Gems such as Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. (Picture Soon)

Copper Rocks - Full of rich veins of Copper Ore and Gold Nuggets. Also Sapphire, Emerald and Diamond Gems. (Picture Soon)

Mason Basics
To cut ‘Raw Stones’ into ‘Cut Stones’ you’ll need a chisel, a hammer and some effort. Hold the Chisel in one hand, the hammer in the other and have some Raw Stone upon you. Then use ((double click)) the Chisel, and start cutting those stones! Only when they are cut, can they be used for building projects. Be patient, the work is fast and can pay well to the right buyer!

Digging Basics
There are three types of digging: For Sand, For Clay or for Treasure!

To dig for Sand:
Usually the Desert is best. Find a place with some scattered rocks and stand next to one. Oops! You’re standing on the best sand!! Now take a step back, and use ((double click)) the shovel and dig up that ‘Coarse Sand’. You’ll need to find a way to filter that sand to get the ‘Fine’ stuff!

To dig for Clay:
Usually the Swamp is best. Find a place near some water and stand next to it. Are you’re shoes sinking in the mud? Perfect! Now take one step back and use ((double click)) the shovel and collect that clay!! You’ll need a ‘Brick Mold’ from a carpenter and a Glass Oven to make Bricks!

To dig for Treasure:
Looking for treasure is the easy part. Now you have to dig it up! Stand in front of the spot you (or the Treasure Hunter) think the Treasure is buried. Use ((double click)) the shovel. If it is the right spot, you’ll hear the shovel hit something hard. Arm yourselves!! When you and your friends are ready, dig again and expose the Treasure! Watch out, it’s usually guarded!
Last edited by Galmair Mining Club on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Galmair Mining Club

Nuggets of Wisdom II:
((Note: if there is any problem with the notes here, please send us a message and we can correct them. Illarion changes all the time, and we would like to stay current to benefit new players. Thank you!!))

Associated Skills: What do you make with all this stuff from the Earth???

Smithing- The Art of making Arms, Armor, Tools and all manner of things from the efforts of Mining!
This skill is the cornerstone of Mining. To start smithing, you will need “Crucible-Pincers” and find a Smithing Oven. Hold the Crucible-Pincers in your hand and stand in front of the Smithing Oven. Now use ((Double Click)) the Oven to melt one Iron/Copper/Gold/Silver or Merinium Ore (which needs Pure Fire as well) to every one Coal in your supplies. They will be formed into Ingots.

Next, you need a smithing Hammer, usually with a yellow handle and look for an Anvil. Stand in front of the Anvil with a Hammer in hand and Ingots in your belt and use ((Double Click)) the Hammer. You may start with simple Pins, but with practice you will make the finest Armor money can buy!!

Goldsmithing – The Art of making fine Rings, Amulets, Goblets and Delicate Things!
To Start Finesmithing you will need Ingots of Copper, Gold, Silver or even Merinium. Gems will become valuable too. The main tool for this is the “Finesmithing Hammer” and usually has a red handle.

Look for an Anvil and stand in front of it. Hold the Finesmithing Hammer in your hand and Ingots in your belt, and use ((Double Click)) the Hammer. You will start with simple Goblets, but soon you will be able to make Diamond Rings and Magical Amulets!!

Gem Cutting – The Art of creating beautiful and precious Gems from worthless rocks.
What to do with all those “Raw Gems” you find while mining? Grind them of course! First, you’ll need to make or buy a pair of Tongs and hold them in your hand. Find a “Gem Grinder” and face it. Now use ((Double Click)) the Gem Grinder and grind the “Raw Gems” into various precious Gems. Beginning with Obsidian, your skills will improve through Sapphire, Ruby, Amethyst, Emerald, Topaz and even Diamond! They become more valuable and can even be ground into finer ‘Gem Dust’, but that’s another story! Some rumors even say that some fine Gems even create magical properties for tools, armor and weapons they are placed upon them, but these Gems are too valuable to be ground into powder. Do not powder them!

Alchemy – The Art of making Magical Potions.
According to the “Book of Alchemy”, Gemdust is a necessary ingredient to turn liquid ‘Stock’ into an ‘Essence’ of Potion. Starting with this essence, Alchemist experiment with various herbs to create magical potions! You can create Gemdust by holding some tongs and using the “Gem Grinder” ((Double Click)) which will require 4 gemstones to grind into one powder. Only the best Gem Grinders can make Topaz or even Diamond Gemdust, the envy of Alchemists everywhere!!!

Glass Blowing – The Art of making Fine things from Fine Sand such as Bottles and Beer Mugs.
Glassblowing is another skill necessary to Alchemy, Brewing and even Interior Decorating! First you will need to filter the “Coarse Sand” you got from digging by standing in front of a “Sifter” and hold a small wooden shovel. Use ((Double Click)) the Sifter and filter that sand into “Fine Sand”.

Second you will need some Potash. You can create some by standing next to a campfire with a hatchet in hand, and wood logs ready, and use ((Double Click)) the campfore to burn down the logs into Potash.

Next, you will need a Glass Blowpipe and the Wooden Shovel. You can ‘Smith’ a pipe from 2 copper ingots or just buy one. Find a GlassBlowing Oven and stand in front of it. Hold the pipe and shovel in both hands and use ((Double Click)) the Glass Blowing Oven to melt the sand and Potash into Glass Ingots. Once you have Ingots, then you can use ((Double Click)) the pipe to make all manner of Bottles, mugs, even lanterns and vases! Beer Drinkers and Alchemists everywhere will sing your praises!

Brickmaking – The art of cooking Clay into Bricks.
What do you do with all that heavy Clay? Make Bricks for building!

First, you will need a good Carpenter to make a “Brick Mold” from 2 Deciduous Boards and find a Glass Blowing Oven. Hold the Brick Mold in hand, stand in front of a Glass Blowing Oven and use ((Double Click)) the Oven to create ‘unfired bricks’ from the clay you have. Once you have a stack of ‘unfired bricks’, you need to stand in front of a Glass Blowing Oven and use ((Double Click)) it to fire those ‘unfired Bricks’ into ‘Fired Bricks’. Be sure to hold the Brick mold again to keep the bricks in place! Usually groups of five are fired at a time, any less than that is a waste. It takes time to make, but worth the wait!

These are very useful for Tunnels, Houses and large construction!
Last edited by Galmair Mining Club on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:20 am, edited 9 times in total.
Galmair Mining Club

Nuggets of Wisdom III:

Don't stand behind your Ass. It will kick yours!

Be respectful to fellow Miners. Not only can they Mine Rocks, they can throw them too!

Gold!! Enough said.

Beer!! Enough said.

Don't get your Pickaxe caught in your beard! Braid your Beard!

You know you're a true miner when Ushara, Goddess of the Earth, blesses you with a rare piece of it!
(More soon!)
Last edited by Galmair Mining Club on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Galmair Mining Club

Current Club News
6 Tanos, year 40

We are happy to announce that Ufedhin Copperhand, Master Miner has joined our Club! We welcome him and his experience in Gems and Alchemy as an opportunity! Perhaps in the future, he may share his wisdom at a meeting!

We have collected 2000 Cut Stones for the Galmair tunnel to be delivered soon, with more coming everyday. Remember to ask your friends to contribute too! All miners everywhere will benefit from this new tunnel, and we will certainly do our part on behalf of the Club.

We need diggers to collect Clay and Sand too!! There are Bricks to be made and Mugs for the Beer! For a limited time, If anyone will collect Clay and Sand for the Club, we will buy them from you at a fair price. So get digging!

We are just getting started, but our first meeting will be announced soon!

Happy Mining!
~Bernie Bottoms, Chairman
Galmair Mining Club

Announcement
10 Tanos, year 40

The Galmair Mining Club will have its first meeting on 1 Zhas at 0900 ((Sunday, June 30 7pm CET)) at the Mining Club Building. We will be meeting each other, gathering ideas and resources and preparing for the Tunnel Meeting 1 dwarven hour later! Everyone is asked to bring Pickaxes to donate to the Club to give to members if needed!

I have updated the boards with supplies, information and such. All Cut Stones and Supplies will be donated to the Tunnel Project in the Club's name soon. Hope to meet many of you there!

Galmair Mining Club

Announcement
20 Tanos, year 40

By dove messages, the Galmair Mining Club has voted to create, maintain and publish a newspaper for Galmair. This effort has already received full support from the Don and his proctor.

Called "The Daily Profit" // "Die Tagliche Gewinn", it will feature local news, market insights, Interviews of local merchants, Jobs wanted and accept advertisements from local traders. This will be a "Business Oriented" newspaper, unlike the "Dragon's Call" from Runewick which focuses on news, gossip and politics from 'their' point of view. It's goal will be to highlight useful information and positive happenings of Galmair and its 'hard working' people.

If anyone would like to help write, translate or advertise in it, please contact this club by dove. The first Issue will be released by mid-Zhas, 40. It will be written in the old language as well for now, but pardon my humble efforts to translate it. We shall need an expert translator.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!
Galmair Mining Club

Current Club News
22 Zhas, year 40

I have updated our collections for the Tunnel Project. Hopefully, we will have much more to donate next time! We still require help and many things for the Tunnel project which we happily support!

After the success of our first Issue of the Daily Profit, we are happy to announce, that the next Issue will be printed in mid-Siros. ((Friday at the latest)) I have heard many good things about the paper, but we still need help to maintain a high level of quality. We need interviewers and reporters. Scrolls have been displayed for these around Galmair. Any ideas or suggestions that will help, please send them to us by Dove.

Our next meeting will be in late Siros. Anyone you know that can mine, and wants to join in fellowship with other miners is welcome to join! Invite your friends to join, work and share with other miners to help Galmair profits and trade.

Finally, I am happy to announce that Ores, profits and morale is up! We are working to increase both our coin and stocks for trade. Through trade, enemies become friends, and the world becomes a happier place!

Happy Mining!
Galmair Mining Club

Announcement
5 Ushos, year 40

On the 1st of Ushos, I met personally with Shiba of Runewick, who desired Trade between our factions despite the Ban. She specializes in fine clothes and leather works. I have negotiated a regular agreement with her.

TRADE AGREEMENT between Shiba of Runewick and The Galmair Mining Club
Once per month, Shiba of Runewick will deliver:
10 Grey Cloth
25 Leather
25 Thread
(Also orders of fine clothing as requested for pay)

Once per month, the Galmair Mining Club will deliver:
Bag of 50 Tools (Various)
25 Iron Ingots

Signed,
~Bernie Bottoms, Chairman of the Galmair Mining Club

As a show of good faith, she sold us 100 Leather and 100 Thread immediately, which are available to club members at a discount price of 20 coppers each! See me to purchase leather for your Armors and Bags! I am working on the first Bag of 50 Scissors as I write this.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!
Galmair Mining Club

Current Club News
12 Ushos, year 40

I have updated our collections for the Tunnel Project, Nuggets of Wisdom and supplies. We are also assisting Diplomat Lennier by collecting 3000 pins for the Tunnel Project. Collecting the Ore for this is coming along and we should have this before the Tunnel meeting.

The Daily Profit is completed in the New Language, and I am just waiting for the translater, before printing the Old Language. Regardless, the English translation will be printed later today. I have heard many good things about the paper, but we still need help to maintain a high level of quality. We still need interviewers and reporters. Scrolls have been displayed for these around Galmair. Any ideas or suggestions that will help, please send them to us by Dove.

Oh! I also have some special Club Coins that were made to identify you as a member of this club. See me to pick one up and show it proudly!

Our next meeting will be in Ushos, just three hours before the Tunnel Meeting. Anyone you know that can mine, and wants to join in fellowship with other miners is welcome to join! Invite your friends to join, work and share with other miners to help Galmair profits and trade.

Finally, I am happy to announce that Ores, profits and morale is up! We are working to increase both our coin and stocks for trade. Through trade, enemies become friends, and the world becomes a happier place!

Happy Mining!
Galmair Mining Club

Announcement
14 Ushos, year 40

This night, Leena, formerly of Runewick, but now of Galmair came to join the club! She is an excellent Carpenter, and not such a bad miner too! Help me welcome her to the Club! Her talents will come in handy when we need to make tools and such. She is currently collecting some cut stones for the Tunnel.

Welcome!
Galmair Mining Club

Current Club News
5 Ronas, year 40

I have updated our supplies, and we are doing fine! Materials are also coming along for the Tunnel and we are nearly finished! Thanks to you all for your hard work! Besides the 2500 Pins & Cotters we have, please contact Master Copperhand directly about anything still needed. The list is short and we don't need to make more than he needs.

I have also had the good fortune to experience the Glittering Cave and two mines in Cadomyr personally. These three Mines now have a review about them.

It was good news today to see the Don support his people about the Golems. Mining is honest and hard work that leaves you tired and weary, but is so rewarding to the spirit! What greater joy is there but coffers full of Ores & Gems you dug from mother Earth? No Golem can feel this joy, for mining is a work of "Heart".

Our Newspaper for Galmair "the Daily Profit" has three wonderful issues, but we are far from finished! We hired a bard by the name of Aldraon Sky to start interviews of Merchants. Welcome Aldraon! We still need writers and researchers for stories, news and advice the people of Galmair can use to make money, keep the money they have, or spend their money best. This "Freedom" to do what you want is precious in Galmair and makes us unique, and those that protect our freedoms will soon be promoted in a new section of the paper, highlighting the men and women of our defense. If anyone has ideas on how to improve the paper for our readers, please send me a dove. This Newspaper is for Galmair, by Galmairians, and its quality shows!

We will not meet this month, but if anyone needs anything, you can almost always find me in the Marketplace. If you know of any friends who would like to join our small band of Miners, help with the Daily Profit or would like to help with the Tunnel Project, invite them here. Our doors are open to anyone with an interest in mining. More mining, means more crafts, means more money, means more profits. May our "Profits" increase "Daily" and our hearts and friends grow strong!

Happy Mining!
Galmair Mining Club

Current Club News
8 Bras, year 40

Help me welcome Brawndara into the club! He is new to Galmair, but already shows much promise! Eager to help, I gave him some Iron Ores and he is already pumping out pins & Cotters for the Tunnel! Way to go!!!

I have updated our supplies and we now have 4 Rare Earths for Club Use! Thanks to Ushara!

I am collecting any latent magical gems I can get for the Club, but could use some help. Today, I would like to offer "Gold for Gems" to any club member who doesn't need their Magical Gems. Each Latent Gem you donate to the Club, I will reimburse you 3 Gold for each. I think it's important that we start collecting these, enhancing them for club use later. Perhaps you finally make that special shield or Armor and need to socket some gems? Well, this way we could have the supplies you need. Donate your unwanted magical gems to the club.

The Daily Profit is doing well. Issue 5 comes out in a few days. Our Translator, William Erudas, has been doing a great job and was given a raise for his good work. If you or someone may be interested in writing "financially relevant" or local articles, tell them we are still hiring. Pay is 1 Gold to start, with raises for good performance.

You all are doing great work! Happy Mining!