The Iron Watch of Galmair

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Oxi

Re: The Iron Watch of Galmair

Post by Oxi »

Iron Watch,

I fear we were followed on our hunt and visit to Malachin's temple today. When I left by foot rather than through the portal I happened upon two parchments that I assume were intended for members of the party. I have copied them below:
Superior Success. Superior Attitude. Superior Intellect. ~Scarscale
Matey - you might hold the streets, but the booties are with us. Deepest sympathy, you need wood to float at see and barely creep on land
Is Scarscale the problematic lizard?

Regards,
Oxi
BjarsTale
Galmair

Post by BjarsTale »

Hurr! Thats right Oxi, the problematic Fishface called Scarscarle.
We have ta find them.

~Krukk
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Greetings Oxi,

i have found 2 parchments with the text´s you know,
but
there is a 3rd parchment.

Commander Sarangerel knows the text of the 3rd parchment.

~Jerem
BjarsTale
Galmair

Post by BjarsTale »

Me knows da text's too.
Can explain ya too.

~Krukk
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

I urge citizens to use caution, I found a Halfling and a Human thief on the road between the gates and the bridge today. I also found another Human south of the gate, near the water. All have been taken care of, but who knows if more will follow.

Era
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

our mighty watch

It is time to add a little something te this iron watches history,Lately it seem this organisation has more than failed in its duty under the comander Sarangerel .They have failed in there own sworn tennents to guard the citizens o' Galmair,infact they actively drive citizens away if questioned.They use threats and intimidation if their poor mental capacity is stretched in any manner.
They failed te deliver the cargo to Galmair ,infact they lost it! and then compound the incompetence with slaying the one who would have given information about the unfortunate Bernie Bottoms,the comander then promptly tries te shift the resposibility fer the whole fiasco from her.

Then our wonderful comander offers 600 gold coins in rewards for the naughty lizard and the pirate Flynn, if they are claimed Galmair would have lost 1100 gold from our economy as the cargo was worth 500 gold as the comander quotes, wow! i doubt the coin counters of the hog pens have worked the negative impact of that loss on our town,towns need more than orc economics te survive above a pig sty level.

Wake up all o' ya's this watch is as helpful te us as a dose o' the pox.....change is needed!

a concerned citizen.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

I was ordered to share two information with you all.

First, the criminal Uri Schnellbeil escaped lately from the prison mine. The proctor explained that a raid of the malachin mine is more than expected, since Schnellbeil executed such a raid in the past, several times. Therefore I want all wardens to keep an eye on the southern street, leeding to the Malachite Mine. The patroling shedule must be doubbled.

Furthermore I got informed, that the reason for the lack of magic gems this month was reasoned by the vanishing of most of the gems the Don prepared for this Month. Detailed circumstances will be investigated by the watch meanwhile. We suspect a sophisticated thievery by a still unknownn group. They looted a incediple number of 137 lower obsidians and 89 lower saphiries of different quality. The Don regrets the loss of the Galmairian Cititzens and announced a possibly lower dispose for the next month as well.

regards,
-[T.I.W.]-
~Commander Sarangerel~
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Iron Watch! Cititzens of Galmair!

In order to investigate the recent burglary of our magic gems the Don wishes us to locate the Hideout of the known criminal SCARSCALE. Therefore the Iron Watch will launch a small expedition at the04. Adras, year 40

All Cititzens are welcome to join us. We will meet at the Galmairian Teleporter. Bring some coin for the traveltoll.

regards,
~Commander Sarangerel~

Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

ANNOUNCEMENT / BEKANNTMACHUNGEN wrote:Cititzens of Galmair! Foreign Visitors!

The Iron Watch is glad to announce the liberation of the Malachite Mine!

With a hearty effort a militia, hastily formed by brave cititzens and their friends and leaded by Commander Sarangerel managed to use a hidden path to sneak arround the line of defence of Clan Schnellbeil. With a smart delusin the little assault detachment tricked the foes wardens and entered the mine itself without bloodshed. Face in face with the captain of the Schnellbeil forces the masquerade was detected and a wild skirmish broke out. Where our brave detachmant fought under dwarven skin against the dwarven enemy. Altough we fought with grim and firmness several Galmairian striders were captured. But the intense fight created so big damage to supernumerous Clan Schnellbeil that they had to give up their plans with Malachite Mine and retreated to their Fort up on the mountain. Later on Clan Schnellbeil agreed to eject their prisoners against a marginal payment in form of ressources. Furthermore the Clan left several slaves behind, who are wiling to earn their daily bread from now on as free dwarves. The Iron Watch wishes in the name of freedom them good luck and a satisfying live.

Bürger Galmairs! Ausländische Besucher!

Die Eiserne Wacht ist glücklich ankündigen zu dürfen das die Malachit Miene befreit wurde!

Mit einem hurtigen aber beherzten Aufgebot der bürgerlichen Miliz und deren Freunden, angeführt von Kommandantin Sarangerel, geland es einen versteckten Pfad zu nutzen um ungesehen die Verteidigungslienien des Schnellbeil-Klans zu umgehen. Eine kluge Täuschung überlistete die feindlichen Wachen und brachte den Stoßtrupp ohne Blutvergießen inmitten der Miene. Angesicht in Angesicht mit dem Hauptmann der Schnellbeil Streitkräfte wurde die Maskerade aufgeteckt und ein wildes Gefecht entbrannte. Wo unsere tapfere Truppe unter zwergischer Haut gegen den zwergischen Feind kämpfte. Obwohl wir mit Grimm und beharrlichkeit fochten wurden mehrere galmairianische Streiter gefangen genommen. Doch der intensive Kampf forderte dem überzähligen Klan Schnellbeil derat große Verluste ab, das er seine Pläne der Malachit Miene bezüglich aufgeben musste und schließlich den Rückzug in das Berg-Fort antrat. Im Anschluss stimmte der Zwergenklan zu die Gafangenen Streiter gegen eine unbedeutende Menge and Ressourcsen wieder in die Freiheit zu entlassen. Außerdem ließ der Klan mehrere Sklaven in der Miene zurück, die sich von nun an als freie Zwerge ihr Brot verdienen wollen. Die Eiserne Wacht wünscht ihnen im Namen der Freiheit einen zufriedenstellenden Lebtag und viel Erfolg.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Bartimaeus Al'Jinni is now holding monthly trainings to bring together the warriors of Galmair to fight by each others side. He is hoping to bring unity to the fighters to keep them organized to fight the threats of galmair.

*scribe Silverhand on behalf of Bartimaeus Al'Jinni
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

*a simple and well written patchment appears in the board*

You have my resignation from the watch.
Idrandal Tlassil
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Galmarians!

At 01. Naras year 40 Commander Sarangerel announces a maneuver training!
(( The Iron Watch will launch a major attack on Flinn's Barricade! )).
I know how lazy you all are, therefore I want you to know that this will be mandatory for the guard but all should come because the more people support it the greater will be the might of Galmair.

Meeting Point at the Galmair Arena.

Leave any questions to me at the guardhouse or by parchment sent.

On behalf off the Don,
~Commander Sarangerel~
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

It seems the Dwarves at the fort are readying for war, they beating their drums and smoke can be seen coming from behind the mountain.

Citizens of Galmair be on the watch.

Raina.
Davien

Post by Davien »

Iron Watch & Citizens,

Until the return of the Commander, Sarangerel, the Don saw fit to permit me temporary lead of the defense of Galmair. The wealth and prosperity of this city depends on each and every citizen, those who can wield a weapon and those who cannot. Outcast dwarves and dastardly pirates wish to rob you of your wealth and security. Heed my words and prepare with us.

I will hold open meetings throughout the next few days to discuss our strategy.

Guardian,
Velin Altaeri
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Citizens & Iron Watch ,

I have returned to hear the hostile news concerning our fine town. Know this, I will be more than willing to lend my blade to the protection of this fine, wealthy place. Past grudges mean nothing to me. If you are a citizen of Galmair you're fine by me and can fight with me. Take it or leave it.

Regards,
~ Elite Jefferson Gray
~<>
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

I returned - was never gone.

Even when I doubt that my Watch would have accepted a strangers orders, I want to leave my clear statement. The Don has no power here. I'm the Commander of this guild and won't bow any diktat. Especialy if the employer didn't even paid the monthly salary to us. As long as the Don owes his Wardens payment, the Iron Watch is under my direct order.

So listen to my orders. The Iron Watch opposes all given Orders by the Don or Galmairs employees. I rather advise you to take you some time for yourself, and ignore alle those horrible threats we are obviously have to face (make the jounry you planned long ago). If the Don thinks he can play tricks on us, in times he needs us most, we should let him leave with his gold and gems allone.

Consider the guilds Mission cancelled, pending further notice.

~Commander Sarangerel~

-[T.I.W.]-
Davien

Post by Davien »

Sarangerel,

Do not be so brash, now is not the time for Galmair to bicker amongst itself. The information that was given to the Don was clear that you were captured in battle. Without Brunsberg present an immediate decision had to be made for the protection of Galmair.

Velin Altaeri
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

This is the exact time to settle this. Please use your own Guild board from now on Mr Guardian. Try to defend the Dons beloved town with the militia formed out of weak civilians and artisans. The Don has been warned and I want him to swallow the soup he cooked on his own. The Iron Watch is out of service.

~Sarangerel~
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

A dark scaled lizardfolk was spotted in the woods just outside the Necktie Inn, a few us tried to speak to it and few did try to attack and capture the lizardfolk only to be sent to Cherga's waiting arms.

He did tell me a message that is for the Don... pay 600 gold to have the road between the Inn and Galmair opened.

Maybe a face to face meeting with the Don is in order to have the matter resolved in a neutral place so no more bloodshed need to fall on this matter.

He also warned the next time he takes prisoners they would be sold a slave market.

This lizardfolk is well versed in his fighting skills so one should not approach him.

Raina.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

The idea to pay this lizard bandit is one of total foolish idiocy ,wots te stop this scum demanding more!
Nor should the Don meet such a bottom feeder to even consider a meeting as if they are equals is beyond belief.
I would strongly suggest the whats left of the wotch meet and regroup an find some one wit' grit and brains
to comand.

A concerned citizen.
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Iron Watch!

With this announcement I officially retire as Commander of this Guild - namly the Iron Watch.

Since I came here I struggled with my destiny but after two hard years I was confinced that the kind of leadership and main principles I obtained as your leader for the guild, was not expected and wished by many cititzens of Galmair and guild members. For me, it's time to face the destiny my ancestors pointed out to me since I was born in a dirty cave.

While I still hope the heritage I leave will develop and become a well respected and succesfull institution to Galmair. Therefore I leave my responsibilities with Watchman Bartimaeus Al'jinni. Who showed the will and effort to perserve the fundamental prupose of our guild within last days. You have my blessings to procedure with everything as you wish, Commander Al'Jinni.

I will leave you the keys for this board and my best wishes as well as my advice should you ever feel in need of it.

So long and thanks for all the efforts,
~Sarangerel~
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

*An offical parchment is placed on the board. It's contents are written clearly and boldly*

This notice addresses all member of the Iron Watch,

My dear fellow Galmairians and watchmen. Mas is days away and there is no better time than now to unite and stick to each other's sides. Recent events relating to the retirement of Sarangerel may have many of you wondering the fate of the Iron Watch. I am here to tell you all that Galmair is still protected by the most capable hands. Commander Bartimaeus Al' Jinni has decided to take over with my assistance also as Commander. We both are more than willing to give our lives for the great town of Galmair. We both ask you all to stand up and protect the home in which we love. I invite any and all willing individuals to send word to me (or Commander Bartimaeus Al' Jinni) so we may plan a defense against the horrific month ahead of us. There are no predictions we can give for this years Mas. All we can do is be prepared and rely on each other to fight whatever is to come our way. This is no time for bickering about rank, it is not the time to argue. It is the time to unite and fight for what we love: Our home. If anything is needed, do not hesitate to send word with your demands. We as Commanders are here to supply you all with the finest equiptment available.

We thank Sarangeral for the time which was given. May your retirement bring new beginnings and happiness.

- Commander and Warlord, Leon Demelii
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

To all it may concern!

De Iron Watch will soon confirm wit de Don about de Iron Watch becoming a permanent part ob a Galmair Guard. We no longur mercenaries, you might get paid as fer yur deeds, nub fer sitting on yur arse an doing nufing. A time fer laziness is ober a Watchman is spected to hold towns defense in aneh way he cans. I ask fer able recruits who are determined to see troo hard times, nub quit when going is toughs! We let dese oder towns outshow us in dey honor an military stoopidity, we need step it ub fer de Don and kick some pirate arse and ebry oder bandit who threaten Galmair safety an prosperity!

Commander Bartimaeus Al'Jinni
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Commander,
I have also concocted a plan which I feel may ease our victory against these pirates. Whether we use it or not, it is true we as a town must come together to meet and defeat this threat, it is embarrassing that we are put to shame by a bunch of drunkards in funny hats.
I'll seek you out. Consider my support assured...
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

((parchment removed.))
Last edited by Ufedhin on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

We have successfully liberated the dark hole mine! Under the command of Bartimaeus and with help from citizens from the three towns we killed many pirates and freed the mine. Some were captured and put to work for the pirates, Evie ob runewick did her wurk and they let her go so will go fer de oders. All should be honored for their defense ob Galmair and all who helped are thanked. But all is not done here we must scout ahead to find Flinn's whereabouts. He exausts his resources on dese fruitless attempts to seize our own resources so we should take the fight to him.

Hurr now for bad news.. in the attempts to bar the pirates way dey used large explosives to blow through and they hab damaged the tunnel...

Honors: Arcia, Leon, Jefferson, Evie, Uhuru, Caldarion, Sarengerel, Tyan , Eve, Annabeth, Ufedhin, Raina, and i dink das it ib i furgot you i is sorreh.
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

I announce the addition of the Special Operations Unit in which Ufedhin Copperhand is Chief and answers only to the Commander. In the field ob battle Ufedhin is ranked as a lieutenant and his orders are to beh followed by de Watchmen accordingly. Jefferson Gray is his assistant and neither are to be questioned on dey duties, ib dey say dey haf a task it is by my Order and is onleh outranked by de Don Hisself.

Commander Bartimaeus Al'Jinni
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

I announce an welcome our new members. Pendar Fayed, a well off recruit who can easily move through the ranks ob de Iron Watch, Jefferson Gray, a very experienced combatant ranked as Watchman and Assistant Chief ob Special Operations, and Ufedhin Copperhand Lieutenant and Chief ob Special Operations.
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

A note written in a shaky hand is pinned on the door to the Guard house.

May I ask that the Watch do a patrol by the arena now and then? My son and I were trying to take a shortcut to our flat after leaving the castle kitchen when we were knocked off the ladder by a Halfling looking to rob us. I took care of him, but he very nearly sent me to Cherga in the process. Thankfully, my son was able to escape with only a sore bottom from the fall.

Era
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Hew Keenaxe entered our town today. Commander offered to spar with him and even offered suitable equipment and sold some things. after a while Leon came to talk wid meh.. but Hew wunted to fight him, they sparred fine... I talked wid Leon shortly, and den Hew came back spewing insults like a madman and threatening. Commander ignored dis until Hew stated "this is my town" at which I asked him to leave. he did nub leave and continued to spew meaningless insults. I then made an order fer him to leave. he continued... I then ordered him out of town and drew meh blade and he fled. later I found him threatening CAdomyr ambassador Srrt K'shire and commanded he leave again I escorted him to the gates at which Hew Keenaxe attack Commander Bartimaeus Al'Jinni. Bartimaeus knocked him down and disarmed him but let him live. Commander attempted to reason wid de dwarf but stopped trying and headed back into town at which the dwarf continued to attack and at dis point also attacked Srrt K'shire while unarmed and unarmored, and so wus sent to Cherga. I now issue an indefinite ban ob Hew Keenaxe from Galmair for attacking the Commander ob de Iron watch and ambassador Srrt K'Shire.

a note to the watch, dis dwarf is very dangerous, and so beh advised if he has survived his wounds and comes again. he is a Master ob de blade and near so in his use ob armory. see ib you can run from him if he attacks you.

Commander and Shipmaster for the Don Valerio
Bartimaeus Al'Jinni