The Iron Watch of Galmair

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

The Iron Watch

The Iron Watch of Galmair

Post by The Iron Watch »

Galmair's Standing Army Force.

The Iron Watch has been assembled from the reformed Crimson Crescents and several other combat capable citizens of Galmair for purposes of city defense against enemies foreign and domestic. This group now assumes official responsibility for delivering military action on behalf of Galmair.

Mission:

1. Protect Galmair and its citizens within the city walls by rendering all invading enemies unable or unwilling to take the city.
2. Act as executive martial authority under The Don and his Proctor, and uphold Galmair law.
3. Protect Don Guilliani and his sovereignty over Galmair.

Training:

Each member must undergo mandatory combat training under patronage of Captains and master at least one type of martial weapon.
Any member of the Iron Watch should be capable, if called upon, to provide a level of combat assistance and support. The captains will be personally responsible for the training, equipment, and maintaining the morale and activity of their groups.

Full Roster:

Commander:
Bartimaeus Al'Jinni

Captains:
Ashley Marideth Blackreigns
Velin Altaeri

Lieutenants:

Watchmen:
Corporal Jefferson Gray
Leon Demelii

Auxiliary:
Captain Ashley Marideth Blackreigns

Reserves:
Recruit Aeldric
Recruit Linden Solmur
Recruit Vraal
Recruit Pendar Fayed
Recruit Ranwyln

============================

============================

Divisions:

Main Force
Front line fighting force. Composed of groups of three, with a Captain and a Lieutenant in charge of each and personally responsible for the group's performance.

-The Abaddon Troop

Commander Bartimaeus Al'Jinni
Corporal Jefferson Gray
Leon Demelii

-Indrandal's Ladiesmen

~(disolved)~

Reserve Force
New recluits and warriors in training who did not graduate yet.

Pendar Fayed
Recruit Aeldric
Recruit Linden Solmur
Recruit Vraal
Recruit Ranwyln

Auxiliary Force
Crafters, alchemists, and artisans associated with the guild. They are responsible for supplies and support. They are divided in professional crafters and apprentice crafters, according to the mastery in the craft and assumed responsibilities.

Professionals:

Captain Ashley Marideth Blackreigns - Blacksmith
Zzrracck (Purple) - Merchant

Apprentices:

Legislature:

Officers' Council

The daily function of the guild is administered by the Officers' Council, composed by the commander, the captains, and their lieutenants.
Payment and loot, in the case that arrises the possibility, is split mainly according to activity, secondly on efficiency in the activity and finally according to rank. This decision is taken by the officer’s council.

Members:

Laws to be Enforced by The Iron Watch
~to be discussed~

Killed in Action:

Captain Bronn Ironheim
Last edited by The Iron Watch on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:26 am, edited 26 times in total.
Hew Keenaxe

Re: The Iron Watch of Galmair

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I may wish to join, only I'fn it be tha defence of Galmair.
I be had fer hire or be back ta minin, ya choose.

Hew
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Brave Man an' Women of the Iron Watch! - People of Galmair!

The Don ordered another expedition, which needs to be prepared. Therefore I will execute a scouting mission into the southeast of Illarion at 03. Findos 39, MIdday. I will take everyone with me who is able to hold a weapon, on your own responibility of course. We meet at the Teleporter in front of our town, be accurate.

regards, Commander Sarangerel

The Iron Watch

Combat Class

Post by The Iron Watch »

Every member of The Iron Watch who has not mastered a weapon, please send a letter to Bronn with your personal schedule and available times to create a regular combat practice schedule. No matter what squad or division you are in, Bronn will teach combat lessons in your preferred weapon to any active watchman, trainee, or auxiliary.

-[T.I.W.]-
Blackreigns

Post by Blackreigns »

* a hooded woman walks by pinning a note to the board*

I'd like to discuss my joining this group. My qualifications are obvious but either way,
I'd like to meet and speak with some one before i simply sign up.

I know all of you and think of most of you as close friends.

Ashley Blackreigns
forty

Post by forty »

Until Hew Keenaxe issues a formal and publis apology to Mara Belmore for physical assault, I speak against him joining the Watch's main force corps.
While more than capable warrior, Hew suffers from lack of discipline, bad attitude, and hard to work with superiority complex.
He is unreliable in battle, explosive, and creates liability. If he is allowed in, I would caution everyone who works with him to watch your back.

Bronn.
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Ashley Marideth Blackreigns has joined The Watch as an auxiliary blacksmith professional, and a reserve combatant in training.

Welcome, Ashley.
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Together with Captain Idrandal I decidet to accept the application of Hew Keenaxe. He shall prove his latest words of apology while I expect everyone to welcome him with best manners. That means a lot of beer and respect for his traditional dwarvish habits. He becomes one of Indrandal's Ladiesmen and will support us with his experiance as former general.

regards,
Commander Sarangerel

The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

• A outcast Warden isn't able to guard anyone. I read the charges against Hew Keenaxe with sorrow and
    announce him suspended from his duty as Watchmen. Further actions will have to wait until Hew Keenaxe got a chance
    to exlpain himself to me.

~Commander Sarangerel~
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Glad ya got ta read tha charges against me Commander. I have not been given tha chance, just a sentence. I will consider me service ta tha Watch as suspended fer now. But if'n ya plan ta continue with me punishment, maybes some one should let mes know why.

Hew Keenaxe
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Hew Keenaxe!

I tried everything I could to get you the desired trial but my savings arn't enough to put this farse to an end. Sadly the orders of Brunsberg are still valid and I beg you to avoid bloodshet until you was able to solve the issues on your own. It might not be safe for you my friend inside of Galmair anymore. Your suspended stauts remains until situation changes.

~Saran~
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Watchman an' ladys!

From now on I will reward every warden who organizes a town event with gems and a possible bonus should your event conisdered a success. It doesn't matter if you organize a training or a drill or an expedition or even a raid, just announce it soon enough and gather some people.
So if you want a share of the sallary bring something on, worth a reward. And soon you will drown in jewellery.

To Hew Keenaxe: Your duty as ward was short and lousy. With this announcement I kick you out. A warden needs to be pourd of his duty and don't stomps it with keen knees, like you did when sloughtering Oxiana and mugging Lennier. The people you was supposed to guard at all. It was mistake to offer you a hand, you spit on it. With your deeds you proved everybody right who told me it was a bad idea. Go home and scare some hedgehogs! Because the next time I see you marouding the streets I will send you into the ice witchs arms.

regards,
Commander Sarangerel

The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Dranis from Gynk joined The Watch as reserve combatant in training. I advised him to join a Division soon by seducing one of the Captains.

Welcome, Recruit Dranis!
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Linden Solmur joined the Watch as a reserve combatant in training. Welcome.
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

An old scaly friend of mine decided to join the watch. Since he is a very capable warrior he will be appointed directly to my squad.
Tak'Zel, be welcomed to the Idrandal's ladiesmen, as watchlizard
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Iron Wardens!

Please welcome your new companions! Recruit Simeon Nightwind a relyable longear and Recruit Isha'Kaza a warrior with great potential. May both become notable citizens of our town and proove their qualities at the Iron Watch.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Iron Watch! We have been given an assignment by the Proctor to march in formation and lay a raid on the dwarven fort south west of the city, to teach the rebellious bandits a lesson in how to pay taxes long overdue. Scouts reported a good oportunity to plunder the fort, so good profit will be assured!

Every capable Cititzen or foreign Mercenary is welcome to affiliate with the campaign.
  • -[T.I.W.]- (( 02. August, Friday 20:00 CET, Germany - Meetingpoint: The market.))
Eisenwacht! Auf Befehl des Proctors wurden wir angewiesen gegen das Zwergen-Fort im Südwesten der Stadt zu maschieren und uns zu hohlen was dem Don zusteht. Wir werden diesen Banditen eine Lehre erteilen! Späher berichteten von reichen Plündermöglichkeiten, der Profit ist also gesichert!

Jeder fähige Bürger oder ausländische Söldner ist wilkommen sich dem Feldzug anzuschließen.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Recruits and Wardens!

The well known Purple tail's Traveling Trades hired the Watch to perform a Treasure hunt (Big Style!) at 04. Eldas 40 starting from the Hemp Necktie Inn.

Of course I agreed to help one of our oldest cititzens, this is a excellent opportunity to work on our teamwork and gather experiance, or even earn a promotion.

All you need is a sharp weapon and an observant eye, because the guards of the treasures we plan to lift won't be happy to see us try.

See you there,
~Commander Sarangerel~

(( 10. August - 21:30 GMT / that's 22:30 Germany! , Meeting Point: The Hemp Necktie Inn ))

PS.: The baked goods we recieved from Mr. Bottoms Bakery shall be given out, before those events. If you want some be there a few minutes sooner. Big thanks to Mr. Bottoms for his delicous (but dry) support of cakes an other stuff you Oomies would kill for.
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

Companions and friends.

This moring I made a ugly discovery. Following a hint by a local farmer I located the looted corpse of Captain Bronn close to the fields of Galmair. His body was covered by several deadly injuries and only the godess knows why he was refused another chance. May his spirit find luck in the afterlife realms, we shall uphold him in good memory.

Until we arranged the emulation of Captain Bronn, his Lieutenant Julia da Silva will lead the Iron Boars.

I will burn the corpse tomorrow morning, shouldn't anyone speak against that. May the Galmairian gods shelter us trhough this hard time of sorrow.

Condolences,
~Commander Sarangerel~
-[T.I.W.]-
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

I'm glad to welcome an old personal friend of mine in the Watch. Recruit Zzrracck is a capable warrior and experianced merchant. He shall take care especially about requested rare goods and earn a postion as Watchlizard among the others.

-[T.I.W.]-
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Resent happenings showed we need to improve our politics regarding the undertaking and last will of guildmembers. Therefore I advice everybody to leave your last will and possibly some instruktions for the undertaker with your superior authority. As well as 50 Silvercoins for a simple burial, should you wish something fancy negotiate a suitable sum with Ufedhin Copperhand.

~Commander Sarangerel~
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

I'm really sad to hear of the death of Bronn, though a scumbag he was a good friend and warrior; and sure we had some laughs. To the remaining members of the Iron Boars, if there is any left, you will be assimilated under my command. A new captain should be seek among the recluits of the watch, and a new squad should be arranged once a capable captain is found.

Idrandal
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

The Iron Watch seeks informations about the disappearance of Bernie Bottoms, or where to find his body.

Please welcome our new promising Recruit, Bartimaeus Al' Jinni!

Mara Belmore left the Iron Watch and emigrated into foreign realms.

All Wardens are ordered to meet me or contact Highpriest Tialdin to get a uniform. You must wear it outside of battle situations. You must return it, after promotion or death. I will fee you if you break something.

-[T.I.W.]-
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

~
As the Month of Generosity passed, our beloved Don decided to send everyone a message who seeks trouble with the Galmairian folk he protects! Again and again, dwarven bandits waylaid honest miners on their way to our metalliferous lodes. The Commander of the Iron Watch herself declared at 4th Bras of this year to put an end to this malicious attacks to the Dons authority in front of our townwalls and proved her words true when a heavy-armed group of capable cititzens invaded Fort Schnellbeil at midday. Thanks to the brave man and women of Galmair and their large attendance the bridge was taken before the enemy could form up a decent defense. Despiting the flamming Oil at the Gatehouse the prosperous combatants break trough a fitful fixed gap in the wall and took the inner bailey with grim! A wittness affirmed: "The Breaktrough was so violent, we found the Headbandit with slottering knees under a moldy bed!" The dwarf Uri Schnellbeil was imprisoned and sentenced to forced labour in the mines for at least a year. Meanwhile the Don expressed his satisfaction and announced the conscription of a Galmairian fleet within the next two quarters, he also expressed plaudit to the victorious forces. Which made it trough the battle without serious injuries or any lost parts.
~

-[T.I.W.]-
Blackreigns

Post by Blackreigns »

As the black smith of the watch i'd like to ask if folks need any thin.. smithin has been sorta slow.. even fer usual.. Aint much i kena make. might need a few supllies but nothin too extravagant lil iron here some cut gems there depending on whats te be made.. other then that. nothin stoppin me. that an orders.. so.. send me some doves, rats, whatever..

some coal would be lovely or atleast some stronger arms te tote it.. in any case.. im also looking for an archery tutor.

~Ashley Merideth Blackreigns~
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Iron Watch and Friends!

The Don ordered a fleet, and we shall give him a fleet! The first step in this matter will be done at 16. Malas - year 40.

Man or women with experiance in sailing and shipping are asked to contact Shipmaster Bartimeaus Al'jinni!

Details about the Event will be announced before we leave Galmair at the Teleporter, where we will meet.
Bring light battle equipment, and usual supply like ropes and little food.

~Commander Sarangerel~

((30. August 2013 20h CET, Germany))
The Iron Watch

Post by The Iron Watch »

It shall be announced!

The autochthonous Watchmember Ashley Merideth Blackreigns was promoted to the Captain of our Auxiliary Forces. The Officers Council welcomes her with joy and expects her to keep up the good work, she achieved the last months. Congratulations Ash!

-[T.I.W.]-
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Since Flinns man attacked the town and blockade the streets in front of it, I command all wardens to hold their weapon and armory ready all the time. We wont ponder their lies and threats. Rather put their heads on pointy sticks at the towns wall. I advise you to avoid an argument with those man, they will only try to trick you and know to shed fears you didn't knew you had. That's all.

-[T.I.W.]-
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

You maggots!

The last mission was a mess! Pigs could have done it better! I want everyone to search for that bastard who threw that spear! Listen up now, before that fishface caught me I could throw an eye on it in revenge. I assume that snake could have been their leader! It's most urgent to catch it, got it!?

Wanted:
  • Lizzard
  • Dark blue - almost Black Scales
  • Red - Pink Spikes
  • Stinks like Fish
  • Smells like Swamp
~Commander Sarangerel~
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

A message written in an erratic spiky hand is tacked to the board with a copper nail.

Once again your incompetence comes to the fore, blaming all others but the very useless comander herself ,
Its time ye step down ,or by the dark ones someone should take yer head .
The watch deserves a competent comander to lead ,not this jackanapes who cant lead a group to pull the skin
off a rice pudding.

A concerned citizen.