Potential Chancellors....

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Potential Chancellors....

Post by Pendar »

*A neatly penned note is hung from the town board*

With the elections looming large and a few great candidates already having stepped forward, I thought I might take the liberty of posting a few questions. I could of course track each candidate down individually, however this would only serve to enlighten myself. Despite the trouble of having to pen a reply, in this way information is being made freely available to any who care to read it.

As a citizen of Galmair my concerns are simple and I am sure shared by all, safety and prosperity. As such I would interested in hearing from any potential chancellors thoughts on the following?

The Iron Watch, this is not a complaint but an observation if anything. The role of the towns guard feels ill defined are they enforcers or peace keepers, what powers do they have or should they be empowered with? How will it be funded or are we simply going to rely on people spilling blood for charity? If so are they not simply a militia? As the towns first line of defense and constant resort to solve day to day strife, it is clearly a vital part of the town. However the current system seems to work on a basis of if you have a weapon and show up, sign up. This could end in our commanders standing alone if ever an unpleasant task needed doing, volunteers are useful but not always unyieldingly loyal.

Next question, what if any projects do you envisage to bring prosperity to the town or put coin in pockets? The economic situation is Galmair is commendable I see no signs of hunger and minimal poverty. At the same time a healthy economy cycles coin around all levels, if the miner does not have gold, the bakers family goes thread bare, I doubt anyone needs a lecture on economics. To thrive we need to keep striving to not only improve our city but become that bastion of wealth and prosperity we model ourselves on.

I shall look forward to any responses and endeavor to seek any who do reply out in person for further discussion, my goal is to not to create a debate in ink but a small podium for our would be officials to share their inspirations. As such any aspiring chancellor should feel free to touch on points beyond my questions.
Sincerely
Ufedhin

Re: Potential Chancellors....

Post by Ufedhin »

A parchment is attached

Great public works i envision fer Galmair wealth an' well being has already been undertaken ,the great mining tunnel
has allowed our crafters easy access te precious coal the basic building block o' our enconomy,it has also allowed a steady flow
of silver into Galmair.On top of this it has virtually removed the peril of beast or bandit attacking our miners.

The next project has begun ,the tunnel te the housing area in the Scoria mine.This will enable the dweller easy and swift access te the
dwelling below,making them a more desirable place to live ,increasing revenue te the treasury.

The street and environs o' Galmair will in the near future get a spruce up te give the correct first impression te prostpective
citizens. I do feel a public ballot on ideas would be most profitable and will begin te organise such as soon as i have overseen the flat tunnel construction.

In my file o' ideas i have some rough drafts fer a hog pen te allow better qualitry meats,te be available fer our public health.

Also the draining of the water below away from Ronogans altar is on the drawing board.

I would seek te establish a flock of black chickens in Glamair fer sacrifice te our Gods and fer fletchers and o' course fresh eggs.

I also have some alchemical project on the goes te solve any waste issues that may arrise in the future.

And im thinking a catacomb sited down in the Scoria mine in a less used tunnel fer public interment.

Of course in due time many other public works will become apparent as nessasary fer our prosperity and i would gladly hear from ye
on this matter.

Vote an donate te Patrician Ufedhin Copperhand
fer Chancellor o' Public works.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Pendar,

Interesting questions...

With regard to the Iron Watch, they were originally contracted by the Don to perform a specific service and some form of payment had been agreed between the former Commander and the Proctor. As this agreement is now obsolete it will need to be a priority of the new Chancellors and existing Iron Watch members to establish a new agreement. Personally, I feel there may be some value in defining more clearly the duties of law enforcer, defender and attacking force. It may be that the Iron Watch does not fulfil all these roles or if they do, they will need to be better structured and disciplined to ensure they can serve the people of Galmair adequately. In the past I have worked with dual Commanders of a shared force, one responsible for home affairs and one responsible for foreign missions, so this again could be considered. I also feel that realistically a town Galmair's size will always be dependent on her citizens rising to defend their homes in time of need and their contribution should never be undervalued.

With regard to projects to bring prosperity to the town, it is the citizens themselves who can best answer this. I could list you plenty of things I would like to see around town but equally if you spend the day at the market or in the workshops you will hear many more ideas. This town will not thrive unless the Chancellors can feed off the knowledge and expertise we already have; they are needed to turn the ideas of all citizens into reality, supporting every level of the community. I would expect to see the Chancellors making themselves readily available to the people of Galmair through regular town and personal meetings to use every resource and make the town evermore prosperous.

Regards,
Oxi
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

In udder wurbs dis Oxi oomie hab nuffin to offer sept empty oomie slaverings und nuffings!

The parchment has been left unsigned
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Valiant Unknown,

In case the written word is not your strongest point I would be happy to explain to you in person the value of seeking a diverse range of opinions in a free-thinking community such as Galmair. Yes, I could list my personal wishes for penned livestock, more extensive housing, a better equipped workshop, an academy to train the finest crafters, a trading hall for our merchants... but it is the wishes of other citizens that needs to be heard if the whole of Galmair is to prosper, all the things prospective Chancellors might not have thought of. Chancellors should be tools used by the citizens of Galmair to further their prosperity and it will be vital they utilise the wealth of ideas amongst our community.

Perhaps though it is only a Master you crave... Galmair offers opportunity to all so I will surely take you on for mining and menial errands if you so desire.

Regards,
Oxi
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

I withdraw from the election , i has enough te do .
I do thank those that showed support te me but other will do fer us just aswell.

Ufedhin Copperhand.