On plants // Über Pflanzen

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

On plants // Über Pflanzen

Post by Jupiter »

To the citizen of Runewick,

today, my student Falyame, and me visited what could now be called the Jungle of Runewick. It is our wish to inform you on our findings, and to let you know what seems to be the best course of actions in accordance with nature.

The fields of Runewick are very fertile grounds. Furthermore, it seems that many magical studies over the years left a taint on the flora of this area. To these two aspects, a third one joined: The unnatural presence of the pillars and their wicked magic. The pillars initiated the abnormal growth, as well as the creation of partially unusual plants. We have listened to the earth and it is clear that the growth will continue, possibly becoming faster and faster.

The first step to solve this issue is to remove the pillars as soon as it is possible. There is no question that their presence harms the plants, and ultimately, all other living beings. The second steps is to wait and let nature takes it course. You must not harm the plants. You must not try to destroy them. True, they will, for a certain period of time, continue to grow, and we do not know the final state in which it will come to rest. Yet, it was the reckleness of your actions that caused this. The plants are not to be blamed for that. Just as you would not murder a deformed infant, you are not to murder deformed plants. It is crucial that you understand this second step to be as important as he first one. Compare it to an arrow in your leg. The arrow need to get out, and the sewn wound then needs time to heal. In case you decide to get rid of the plants, you might end up facing even worse consequences.

Merung Harbes and Falyame
-----------------------------------
An die Bürger Runewicks,

heute besuchten meine Schülerin Falyame und ich das, was nun wohl der Dschungel von Runewick genannt werden kann. Es ist unser Wunsch, euch über unsere Entdeckungen zu informieren und zu erläutern, was das richtige Handeln in Übereinstimmung mit der Natur zu sein scheint.

Die Felder Runewick sind sehr fruchtbarer Boden. Weiterhin haben die magischen Studien über die Jahre einen Fleck auf der Flora in diesem Gebiebt hinterlassen. Zu diesen zwei Aspekten kam ein dritter: Die unnatürliche Anwesenheit der Säulen und ihre verdorbene Magie. Die Säulen läuteten das abnorme Wachstum ein, so wie die Entstehung teilweise ungewöhnliche Pflanzen. Wir haben der Erde zu gehört und es ist eindeutig, dass das Wachsen weitergeht, womöglich immer schneller und schneller.

Der erste Schritt dieses Problem zu behaben ist die Säulen so schnell es geht zu entfernen. Es gibt keinen Zweifel, dass ihre Anwesenheit den Pflanzen schadet und letztlich auch allen anderen Lebewesen schaden wird. Der zweite Schritt ist zu warten und die Natur ihren Gang nehmen zu lassen. Ihr dürft den Pflanzen nicht schaden. Ihr drüft nicht versuchen, sie zu vernichten. Es ist wahr, sie werden für eine bestimmte Dauer weiter wachsen und wir wissen nicht, in welchem Zusatand sie ihre Ruhe finden werden. Doch es war euer rücksichtslos Handeln, das dies verursachte. Die Pflanzen tragen daran keine Schuld. So wie man einen deformierten Neugeborenen nicht ermordet, so darf man auch deformierte Pflanzen nicht ermorden. Es ist entscheidend, das ihr versteht, dass der zweite Schritt so wichtig wie der erste ist. Vergleicht es mit einem Pfeil im Bein. Der Pfeil muss entfernt werden, und die vernähte Wunde bedarf dann der Zeit zu heilen. Solltet ihr doch euch entscheiden gegen die Pflanzen vorzugehen, könnten die Kosequenzen gar drastischer werden.

Merung Harbes und Falyame
Djironnyma

Re: On plants // Über Pflanzen

Post by Djironnyma »

We thank you and your students for your research and for sharing your knowledge and advise. Anyway it is up to Runewick to decide if and when we will remove the columns. And as long as they weaken Letma they will stay since the forces under Letma are a much bigger threat.

~Djironnyma
Amira Ranevskaya

Post by Amira Ranevskaya »

Since it is up to Runewick to decide, I vote for the columns immediate removal. So far they have proven to have done more harm than good to Runewick and the surrounding area.

Amira Ranevskaya
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Runewick is no democracy, thats not a matter of election. You can bring your opinion to the citizens council.

~Djironnyma
Amira Ranevskaya

Post by Amira Ranevskaya »

I don't see why I should go to the citizens meeting of a theocracy if my opinion will not be listened to anyway. Here is my opinion, should others agree, they are welcomed to voice it for me at a later date.

Amira Ranevskaya
nathi

Post by nathi »

If opinions of other people are only for entertainment, and no action is taken from them,
then it must be tiring for everyone's waking spirit in the long run.

~Deanna
thebigbear

Post by thebigbear »

Act or do not act. Bah! The mages have a responsibility to Runewick and its citizens. Doing nothing is a decision to avoid their responsibilities.

I will return to Runewick when it is safe to farm again. In the meanwhile I shall sell my foodstuffs to the citizens of Galmair, maybe even Cadomyr, if they need, which they usually do.

Barcon Al