Collection of Magical Wood

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Elvaine Morgan
Runewick

Collection of Magical Wood

Post by Elvaine Morgan »

Citizens of Runewick,

We have agreed to a trade with Cadomyr, who require wood for the creation of a new depot.

Unfortunately, they wish to craft this for themselves, which creates a problem. Since depots have transdimensional properties, if they wish to create a depot for themselves, it must be pre-enchanted such that it already has those properties once it is made.

For this task, a very special type of wood can be found. It comes from a tree named the Crataegus Motus, which has some interesting properties. Firstly, its defense mechanism - anything which penetrates the bark of the tree will be instantaneously transported to another location. Secondly, it produces a nectar, which many monsters not only find extremely appealing, but are completely addicted to. These monsters will swarm such a tree, and when they aren't fighting each other over the nectar, there have been several well documented cases where monsters have attacked those who try to chop down such a tree.

I have located such a tree, but it will be a dangerous task to remove it, and will probably be done indirectly through ritual magic. Since this takes a reasonably large amount of time and there may be lots of monsters lurking around, I require as many citizens as possible who can fend them off while the ritual is complete, and then assist in moving the timber back to Runewick, so that it can be properly prepared.

Even if you cannot fight, anyone who can help with the lifting is useful.

~Archmage Elvaine Morgan
Djironnyma

Re: Collection of Magical Wood

Post by Djironnyma »

The Order will help Runewick with this task with his skilled figthers and lumberjackers. I personally will support you with the ritual. Together we will be done faster i suppose.

~Djironnyma,
for the Bearers of the Fire