Quick question about the magic system

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

1d20

Quick question about the magic system

Post by 1d20 »

Hey guys!

I haven't been keeping up with Illa recently! One of the (major) things keeping my interest away is the lack of magic and spells, so I was wondering what the development status is? No longer planned at all? Planned, but not yet designed? Designed but not yet developed? Already in development? Already complete and no one gave me a memo?! (I can dream, right?)

Sorry if this is a sensitive topic or already covered somewhere, haven't spotted it!

Much love.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Quick question about the magic system

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Mostly designed... hopefully a little left. Is the next milestone to be developed: http://illarion.org/mantis//view.php?id=9823 and appears some things are already closed. Needs development, scripting (You offering.. see Estralis! :D ). No you aren't bothering anyone by asking. Possibly a dev can add to my information too.

PS Some of us still play our mages, if interested send me a PM.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Thanks, it's good to know it's still being worked on.

Is a realistic ETA possible to come up with or is it too vague/impossible to predict?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Hi,

thanks for asking! We have a 52 pages concept that covers most aspects but there are some open points, especially client sided (GUI, how to pick targets, how to "store" spells). For both, server and client, we have a single source situation with just one developer each. So any ETA/schedule would depend solely on the personal life of them and in a volunteer project, it is impossible to tell how long such projects take. In other words, we cannot commit to any due dates as Illarion does not pay our bills (but we pay the bills of Illarion...).

Estralis
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Can't you just use a transmute spell on some base metals?
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Hi,

thanks for asking! We have a 52 pages concept that covers most aspects but there are some open points, especially client sided (GUI, how to pick targets, how to "store" spells). For both, server and client, we have a single source situation with just one developer each. So any ETA/schedule would depend solely on the personal life of them and in a volunteer project, it is impossible to tell how long such projects take. In other words, we cannot commit to any due dates as Illarion does not pay our bills (but we pay the bills of Illarion...).

Estralis