How long does it take an alchemy teacher to analyze a plant?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sakaala Vyshaan

How long does it take an alchemy teacher to analyze a plant?

Post by Sakaala Vyshaan »

Just a quick question.
I finally found a heart blood from searching around in the forest for a bit and brought it back to alchemy teacher for her to analyse the plant. I placed the plant on the table and the plant transferred to the mortar on her table. I waited for about 5 mins for a response so she can finally tell me how to make the potion but, haven't gotten it yet. I would just like to know how this works all with the game mechanics wise. I'm kinda wary about just leaving the plant there in the fear that someone else might take it or that it might disappear.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: How long does it take an alchemy teacher to analyze a pl

Post by Jupiter »

You get a response instantly. Are you sure that you placed the herb on the table and not accidentally on the ground behind the table? Either that or there is something broken.
Sakaala Vyshaan

I've made sure to place the herb on the table in front of the teacher and when doing so, the herb automatically transfers to the mortar as shown below.
Attachments
sdsadsd.PNG
sdsadsd.PNG (93.23 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

This is gonna sound weird, but when you are putting the plant on the table, aim for the area between the two legs of the table. If you are putting it on the table surface, it will likely register it as the tile above it, and then raise it to the top surface (on top of the mortar).
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

You put it on the wrong table. You ave to put it on the one right in front of her. As Vern wrote, that is sometimes a bit tricky.
Sakaala Vyshaan

You mean on the right table beside her with the alchemy recipe list? I did that before hand and it still didn't work but I did what Vern said and I finally was able to get the potion recipe. Thank you for the responses though. :)
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

* the table infront of the merchant (nothing on the table)
* sometimes it is a little bit tricky to put the herb there
* if you put it on the correct table you got imediatly a message