I have a couple of questions

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sakaala Vyshaan

I have a couple of questions

Post by Sakaala Vyshaan »

I have a few questions that I would like to know of so I've decided to ask most of them in one thread to prevent from spamming new threads all together.
So, here are a few of them.

1. Are there any easier alchemy recipes I can start off with? I am not sure if there are any more recipes out there but when I looked at the list of recipes placed out for me in Runewick...I didn't understand where to collect most of the stuff that the alchemy teachers will tell me to get. Like where to get a explosive bomb at or a wolverine fern or even how to tell if something is highly marked, toxic, or dominated mark. I just didn't expect alchemy to be this hard to understand...I already have trouble on how to make a proper essence brew or stock.

2. How would I be able to learn magic?

3. Is it possible to drop alchemy and be able to learn magic instead?

4. I've heard before you can contact GMs and ask them to change some stuff of your character like haircut, skills, and possibly birthdays of a character. Would I still be able to contact them about that or would it be a waste of time?

5. Can I learn how to make other gem powders instead of amethyst powder?
Sammy Goldlieb

Re: I have a couple of questions

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

1. There are teachers in every town that teach you some recipes. In Runewick, it is in front of the Earth department, Cadomyr at the plalace, next to the librrary and in Galmair in the Don's Palace. The most recipes are not like put thjis and that herb together, it is about the two ingredients. Read to that the book ingame, then you will understand. There are NO easy reciepes.

2. Not possible at the time. Well, Not the Runemagic at least, but 'rp' magic, you can learn. Ask aroundin Runewick, Galmair, there are some teachers.

3. No.

4.GMs do not change stats or skills. About haircut and so on, you can ask. They do not Change things fo r very new chars, cause it is not worth the effort. Just recreate it.

5. Yes, with increasing skill in gem grinding, you learn more gem powder. It is at a skill of 20 I think, were you learn the next.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Correction: The answer to 3 is Yes.

You will be able to switch from alchemy to magic (at least once) but then you will loose all your skills and knowledge in the field.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Jupiter wrote:Correction: The answer to 3 is Yes.You will be able to switch from alchemy to magic (at least once) but then you will loose all your skills and knowledge in the field.
:arrow: wow, i did not know this until now
:arrow: how to do this change :?:
Sakaala Vyshaan wrote:1. Are there any easier alchemy recipes I can start off with?
:arrow: there are no easy receipts
:arrow: read the alchemy book - this will explain a lot
:arrow: try to find a teacher ig - this will help a lot
:arrow: try to find some "Sponsors" for you´re first steps as an alchemist
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

1. Are there any easier alchemy recipes I can start off with? I am not sure if there are any more recipes out there but when I looked at the list of recipes placed out for me in Runewick...I didn't understand where to collect most of the stuff that the alchemy teachers will tell me to get. Like where to get a explosive bomb at or a wolverine fern or even how to tell if something is highly marked, toxic, or dominated mark. I just didn't expect alchemy to be this hard to understand...I already have trouble on how to make a proper essence brew or stock.
I find alchemy pretty annoying, but it's complexity is oddly rewarding. There are three levels of bomb, one located in each town. I think level 1 is in... Cadomyr? Maybe. To learn all the recipes you will need to travel from town to town. A lot of helpful information about herb concentrations and alchemy in general is contained in an in game book you can buy. (or are given if you choose the druid/alchemist starting equipment pack) It's confusing and poorly translated, but it does the job if you are able to slog through it. A lot of people have said there are no 'simple potions' but I disagree. Certainly over all alchemy is very complicated but healing potions and strength potions are quite simple (and useful) and players are (usually) happy to show you how they are made in game.
2. How would I be able to learn magic?
K, I'm going to sound like an old bitter player here but... It's been three years, and there is still no magic system in game yet. We will hopefully get it eventually.. but I wouldn't hold your breath, as it probably won't be any time soon. You can RP it... but meh. That's lame. Personally, I just want my fire balls and portals back.
3. Is it possible to drop alchemy and be able to learn magic instead?
Yes apparently?
4. I've heard before you can contact GMs and ask them to change some stuff of your character like haircut, skills, and possibly birthdays of a character. Would I still be able to contact them about that or would it be a waste of time?
They are happy to change your hair cut, skin tone, and over all appearance. Maybe race and skills too under very special circumstances. (or they used to, in the good old days)
5. Can I learn how to make other gem powders instead of amethyst powder?
Yep, just takes ages. Easier to just sell your potions or ore you mine and buy powder. Or steal it! (that's the most fun way)
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

GolfLima wrote:
Jupiter wrote:Correction: The answer to 3 is Yes.You will be able to switch from alchemy to magic (at least once) but then you will loose all your skills and knowledge in the field.
:arrow: wow, i did not know this until now
:arrow: how to do this change :?:
Probably doing a quest. But some points are clear: You will loose all skills and recipes (or spells in case of magic) and you will also loose all ingame knowledge you gained. Alchemy/magic will be completely erased from your memory.
Camarisa

Post by Camarisa »

When you say "loose all skills" does that mean every skill you have, or just magic/alchemy? Will it include all similar skill sets, such as herblore (in the case of alchemy).

And do we know yet if magic will be something a character with crafter attributes could eventually learn? To my understanding magic used to be something that could only be learned by those with the mage attributes.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

When you say "loose all skills" does that mean every skill you have, or just magic/alchemy? Will it include all similar skill sets, such as herblore (in the case of alchemy).
Not all skills. Just the the ones belonging to magic/alchemy.
Since herblore is just a gathering skill, I don't think so. But that is just my opinion. Nothing has been decided there yet.
And do we know yet if magic will be something a character with crafter attributes could eventually learn? To my understanding magic used to be something that could only be learned by those with the mage attributes.
There are different opinions on the subject. I guess we won't be sure until magic is there.