What NPC do I have to talk to, to learn alchemy?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

StarrySkys

What NPC do I have to talk to, to learn alchemy?

Post by StarrySkys »

Hello! Another question from me, so I've been in Runewick for a bit and haven't found a NPC to teach me the ways of alchemy. Not sure if it's because I am terrible at looking but could anyone tell me where I should look or how to get started in learning alchemy?
Evie
Developer

Re: What NPC do I have to talk to, to learn alchemy?

Post by Evie »

If you go south of the fields near town, there is a 'talking spring" you will see an animation graphic. It is south of fields and cows on the east side closer to Runewick. Hope this helps!
StarrySkys

Post by StarrySkys »

Evie wrote:If you go south of the fields near town, there is a 'talking spring" you will see an animation graphic. It is south of fields and cows on the east side closer to Runewick. Hope this helps!
Is it where the person standing in front of the pond where they grow their garden at?
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Yes, but it is not the NPC, it is the "talking spring"... you must double click on the spring. It might be easier to ask someone in game to show you.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Alternately there is a 'thinking stone' in Cadomyr and some kind of magical tree in Galmair, both almost in sight of the main gates.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

I`ll see if I could find you ingame, maybe some questions could be answered much quicker.

Related to your question here:

As Uhuru mentioned, the "Talking spring" is what you are searching for. Near the halfling at the pond, theres a stone inside the pond, next to the shore. It has an anymation (small waves). Double-click the stone and the quest to learn alchemy should start.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

StarrySkys wrote: how to get started in learning alchemy
1 ) Keep in mind your Charakter needs some special charakteristics {the summary points of 3 of youre attributes, sorry cant remember at the Moment wich ones, must be more than a specific value (20?)} to learn alchemy
2 ) near each town is a special place (tree, stone, spring) where alchemy will start
3 ) this "Special Point" will give you several tasks you have to fullfill (bring some herbs ...something like that)
4 ) after this tasks the "Special point" will give you an Information that you´re now able to make alchemy .... ((may be you get an alchemybook too, but not sure))
5 ) now you can start you´re carrier as an alchemist / druid / poison maker :wink: ..... and you can buy some informations from the alchemy merchants at each town

:arrow: BUT the best way is to FIND a TEACHER ig
StarrySkys

Post by StarrySkys »

Thank you all for your answers! I've already found the spring. It was hidden behind a tree so it was hard to find but I finally found it.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I am glad you have found the spring. I will be removing the tree that caused the issue. It should be gone from game with our next update. Enjoy your time in Illarion.