How am I able to get NPCs to buy my goods?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

StarrySkys

How am I able to get NPCs to buy my goods?

Post by StarrySkys »

HI. I just started recently and I am still very noobish to the whole game play. I'm about 15 minutes in and whenever I try to sell some of my items like fruit, meat,fish or any other item to the NPCs, they would say in return that "I'm not buying this." Is it because I'm not selling the same items that the trader sells as well?
Djironnyma

Re: How am I able to get NPCs to buy my goods?

Post by Djironnyma »

Hi and welcome to Illarion,
every NPC buys just spefic items, simillar to these which he sells. There should be a tab in the NPCs menue where are all items listed, which you can sell to him.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

1) hello and welcome
2) there are different NPC´s - not all are traders, some are teachers, some give you tasks, .....
3) there are different traders - for smithing goods, wooden things, fruit and vegetables, ....
4) most of the merchant / traders are standing near a table where you can see some of the things they are trading
5) ask friendly for trading ((Are you interested in buying my goods --> if he is interested you will see a gold / silver coin in the right up corner of the square where the thing is in your bag / belt :: gold=10% / silver=5% ))

:arrow: hope this will help, if not ask again
StarrySkys

Post by StarrySkys »

Thank you so much for the quick replies! :D
I've just realized that the gold like things next to the items mean I can sell to the trader as GolfLima had said. I appreciate the feed back once again.