Skirts

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karrock

Skirts

Post by Karrock »

Why is not possible to wear skirt as man? I know there is no exisisting kilts in game, but my char feels weird when he must wear pants. It because of lacking graphics?
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Skirts

Post by Jupiter »

Karrock wrote:It because of lacking graphics?
Yes
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

So how to improve game with new graphics? In past I tried to play with pixel graphic.

My char is "scott" so I wish to wear kilts. I maybe can make own graphic if only I would get special tools.
I think it should exist on forum special topic for graphic-makers. With tips or tricks.
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

Sorry for not getting to this sooner I have been busy and did not check the forum.

@Karrock

To answer your first question you will need to use a 3d modeling program, like Blender (( open source free )) or 3dmax. (( commercial need to buy. ))

Currently I am working on making a whole new set of models and clothing for them. As well as all the other things. Right now the lizardfolk models have a lot of issues so started with them first but it takes a lot of work and time. There is a mantis ticket open about the subject where suggestions can be added or if really needed pm me. it already has new test renders of the lizardfolks. Am now working on the clothing first, then will move to the armor, weapons/tools and animations.

http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=9910

I will make a note about men wearing kilts.

Thank you for the for suggestion.

Drakon Gerwulf
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I have downloaded Blender (I won't use now programs which I should pay for them) and I start learn. So it can pass a half year before my works would fit to any game. Currently I watch tutorials. I only hope that I won't lose my fervor. Thanks for advice.
Lia

Post by Lia »

What is with Hair?

I really miss hairstyles for male elf

If you make a male elf you only have one Hairstyle. :(
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

My first work. Lol.

Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Karrock, there isn't even a skirt in that picture!
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I almost have started learning. Before I will create something more matching to game it take some time. I'm on first lessons currently. This picture I created I used only standard blocks. Now I target to make solids with curves. Later I will try to add textures. I have an idea to draw a squirrel. Perhaps before I will have to draw more easier items, like tables or chairs.

So my question to someone who can create textures should I draw them in normal program? Like gimp or something?