Hello! Question about 3DS

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

borkou

Hello! Question about 3DS

Post by borkou »

Hello everybody!

Is Illarion also playable on 3DS, or also on computer.
I thought about it, that this would be a nice try for Nintendo... in that case for example!.. :D
I am a Newbie, and would like to try to go into the world of Illarion.. :-)

Kind Regards,
borkou;
Estralis Seborian

Re: Hello! Question about 3DS

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Moved to the right forum.

No, Illarion does not work on that portable game console produced by Nintendo. These are the supported operating systems:

Windows (32-Bit) - All versions
Windows (64-Bit) - All versions
MacOS X - All versions
Linux DEB (32-Bit) - Debian, Ubuntu, Mint etc.
Linux DEB (64-Bit) - Debian, Ubuntu, Mint etc.
Linux RPM (32-Bit) - Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat etc.
Linux RPM (64-Bit) - Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat etc.
Linux (32-Bit) - Other Linux distributions
Linux (64-Bit) - Other Linux distributions

You can download the game for your computer here: http://illarion.org/illarion/us_java_download.php You can also review the system requirements on that page.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I also have 3ds but my console is broken. How you imagine to play on this? I know console has many buttons but chat is existing problem. (On console 3ds what is newest gameboy is possible to play 3d games because of multum buttons and good creation of console). Yeah this question is best I seen recently (because I also have 3ds but broken). Hey guys if you would make this game on gameboy more people would enter illarion (serious only chat is making problems). Console has two screens, lower can be for chat and upper for game. (Inserting text makes trouble).
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

This is better option than tablet. I use console and tablet and for internet console is better (for me)though it has smaller screen.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Illarion on Gameboy would be the worst thing ever, since people won't rp from this console. How should somebody write at it? Besides one sentence would easily fill the whole display and this would make it impossible to follow conversations.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Most text can be set on lower screen. Console has proofed to players that is possible to play computer games on it. Much more compliccated games like terraria or monster hunter is turned to play on console. Lower screen can be set to chat. Special button can be used to move screen (what is smaller on console than on pc). If maken good I see no excuce to play. Nintendo can give us much more player.

Monster hunter on 3ds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwBJwjCI9RE

EDIT: Lower screen is touchable.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

You should stop trying to convince anyone that Illarion could be done well on a handheld console, because it couldn't. The game's developers are educated and experienced enough to know this.
Even if they had all the resources and time they wanted, it would be wasted on a version that is ultimately fiddly and terrible.

We get that you're excited about 3DS but games like Terraria and Monster Hunter aren't complicated at all. Illarion is though, that is why it would be the worst idea to port it.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

I say bring back the best hand held console out there Sega game gear. I say this cause this topic makes about as much sense in bringing the best hand held console back the Sega game gear. And yes I'm bored