Alchemy

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ifthel

Alchemy

Post by Ifthel »

So I did the alchemical secret thing (in my case from the Recognizing Spring) annnndddd... where do I go from here?
I have my recipe and ingredients...
But I can't find a kettle to use for alchemy anywhere.
And I don't know what to do if I do find one.
Kamilar

Re: Alchemy

Post by Kamilar »

The kettles are cauldrons. They look like big black bowls. In Runewick, it's in the hospital building, in Cadomyr it's in the marketplace against the wall and in Galmair it's in the first building on the left as you enter the town by the main gate.

I'm not sure what you need but for sure you need potion bottles. Maybe a mortar. And the herbs, of course.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

There's an alchemy book that explains pretty much everything you need (in character) to make potions.
Ifthel

Post by Ifthel »

Kamilar wrote:The kettles are cauldrons. They look like big black bowls. In Runewick, it's in the hospital building, in Cadomyr it's in the marketplace against the wall and in Galmair it's in the first building on the left as you enter the town by the main gate.

I'm not sure what you need but for sure you need potion bottles. Maybe a mortar. And the herbs, of course.
With confirmation that the "kettles" are cauldrons, I set to work.
So you have to use a Bucket of Water at the cauldron, then use your ingredients, and finally use an Empty Bottle to bottle the liquid.
rakust dorenstkzul wrote:There's an alchemy book that explains pretty much everything you need (in character) to make potions.
Not everything, it doesn't explain how to actually do it.
Just tells you that you need a "kettle".
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

:arrow:
* may be a good way is to find an Alchemist or Druid and ask him/her for lessons and help
* or ask an Alchemist / Druid to become a Student of him/her

as i know there are some charakters making potions (and if i remember right all 3 towns have alchemists)
Ifthel

Post by Ifthel »

GolfLima wrote: :arrow:
* may be a good way is to find an Alchemist or Druid and ask him/her for lessons and help
* or ask an Alchemist / Druid to become a Student of him/her

as i know there are some charakters making potions (and if i remember right all 3 towns have alchemists)
Oh I've figured it out now.
Bit late to the party.
Ifthel wrote:With confirmation that the "kettles" are cauldrons, I set to work.
So you have to use a Bucket of Water at the cauldron, then use your ingredients, and finally use an Empty Bottle to bottle the liquid.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

This points to a pretty clear confusion in our wording. In the interest of removing as much frustration as we can, is it possible to change the word 'kettle' to 'cauldron' in the instructions? Or conversely to rename the 'cauldrons' as 'kettles'?
Ifthel

Post by Ifthel »

Kamilar wrote:This points to a pretty clear confusion in our wording. In the interest of removing as much frustration as we can, is it possible to change the word 'kettle' to 'cauldron' in the instructions? Or conversely to rename the 'cauldrons' as 'kettles'?
There already are kettles for cooking, but that'd be nice.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Kamilar wrote:This points to a pretty clear confusion in our wording. In the interest of removing as much frustration as we can, is it possible to change the word 'kettle' to 'cauldron' in the instructions? Or conversely to rename the 'cauldrons' as 'kettles'?
I will keep that in my mind when I rewrite the book (this won't be anytime soon, though).
Ifthel

Post by Ifthel »

I would love to rewrite the book for you! *pick me* *pick me*
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Ifthel wrote:I would love to rewrite the book for you! *pick me* *pick me*
:arrow: as i know Alchemy will be reorganized / will change - may be the "new alchemy book" should be written when the "reconstruction of alchemy" is finished