Maximum Training Cost

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ifthel

Maximum Training Cost

Post by Ifthel »

'Ello,

I was at the trainer to rearrange some stats of mine and I quickly realized that the cost doubles for every point exchanged.
Is there a maximum cost?
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Maximum Training Cost

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

I think Maximum is 128 gold coins, but I am not sure
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Maximum is 128 Gold, indeed.

If you haven't poured weeks of work into your character, it is more efficient to make a new one with the attributes you want.
Maxing out key attributes is something 'very' valuable to fighter characters. Crafters and Alchemists can go by with mediocre stats as these systems are more skill-focused.
Ifthel

Post by Ifthel »

Katharina Ross wrote:I think Maximum is 128 gold coins, but I am not sure
Q-wert wrote:Maximum is 128 Gold, indeed.
128 GOLD!?!?!?!?
B-But I maxed out carpentry a-and tailoring a-and I've done th-the quests and other things!
'Aight, how do I go about making that much money?
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Trade with other chars. Make a thread at the trading board or when your char can fight, find others for a treasur hunt. There are many ways to get the money
Alyssa El'anir

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

Ifthel wrote:
128 GOLD!?!?!?!?
B-But I maxed out carpentry a-and tailoring a-and I've done th-the quests and other things!
A tedious way to grind it if you can not find players to trade with, is through carpenting wands. Make the handles yourself, learn gemgrinding and cut the rubies yourself and just mass produce them and sell them in Runewick for profit. It takes time and is boring but it gets you coin.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Ifthel wrote:
128 GOLD!?!?!?!?
There are 3 cents from my side:
1. I'm quite sure you haven't maxed 2 crafts. Max would mean a skill of 100! One of my character met yours and what I've learned, you are far away from max.
2. Getting 256 gold to pay 8 attribute changes is an amount of money a crafter will earn with time. There are multiple ways. Don't stress yourself, the money comes with skill and time.
3. The trainers are made to have the capability to adjust 'wrong' attributes. I'm sure the intention never was to make a total different person. So you are able to make a dumb fighting mashine out of an smart and intelligent crafter but it will cost you a lot. And there are other possibilities.
You may think about a second active char (you can have multiple) with different attributes and play it differently. And from the point of view of RP, we should accept that every character has weaknesses as well. A medium attributed fighter can have fun with monsters as well.

PO Banduk
Ifthel

Post by Ifthel »

Banduk wrote:1. I'm quite sure you haven't maxed 2 crafts. Max would mean a skill of 100! One of my character met yours and what I've learned, you are far away from max.
So there are more than 20 levels! :shock:
But... how do I get past level 20?
Should I just start another topic at this point?
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Ifthel wrote:
Banduk wrote:1. I'm quite sure you haven't maxed 2 crafts. Max would mean a skill of 100! One of my character met yours and what I've learned, you are far away from max.

Skills all go to a max level of 100. Some actions stop adding skillgain at level 20 but those skills will still climb with the right actions. If you post which skill you're working on, we can help you figure out how to go past level 20.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Ifthel wrote:
Kamilar postet faster than me here, but you got an PM where skilling crafts after level 20 is a bit explained. Hope I could help you with this
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

if i remember right there are 13 different crafts:

1) easy crafts: mining / fishing / herblore / brick making / wood cutting / farming / gem cutting (may be part of advanced crafting) - you will maximize this crafts with time (if you do it often enough)
2) advanced crafts: smithing / finesmithing / carpentry / tailoring / cooking / glas blowing - for higher levels you need more materials and to maximize the craft you have to make advanced things you´re learning during learning the craft (the things have an max levle up to wich you will learn something if you make them)
3) alchemy: at the moment it is like a 14th craft but as i know it is decided that alchemy ist part of the "Magic System"

==> you will need a lot of time to maximize all crafts <---> and there are a lot of other skills ( language (7?) / fighting (10?) / musik (6?) / Magic (???) )
Ifthel

Post by Ifthel »

Dunno what more to say.
Thank you for all the answers.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I have 5 chars is there possibility to change atribbute by "Admin Magic"? My first char which I made years ago (When my english was on tragical level) has 12 points wrong given. With rest I can solute by self. It's not answer that I have to earn that money ( I have 5 chars it's forcing me to play with no break).
Please PM to me with answer.