Factions

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Applesauce

Factions

Post by Applesauce »

Maybe I have this wrong, but shouldn't players of other factions, be for their own, if not against other factions?
We have maybe 100 player divided against many time zones, and again by three factions. So what? maybe 2-10 in any group at one time? So why do they all gang up together? Defend your town! Defend your religion. Defend your alignment. If ever one vote could count it has to be now. I really hate this cattle call of play. Let us all just join the crowd. And the crowd is but a pitiful few.
Kamilar

Re: Factions

Post by Kamilar »

Not sure what you're saying there Applesauce, but come join the crowd. :D
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

My char Titus spends many time in Galmair because lack of players in Runewick. You're true with that characters should defend their lands or alignment or religion but you also should know that in middleages did not exist patriotism or nations. Man served to his lord. Religion and economy or language been things which bonded people to land. There was no place for fighting for idea of nation or homeland.

Curiosity: In middleage in Poland (My country) most citizens in towns were germans.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Each char got his/her own ideas about loyalty. Some even believe cooperation trough the factions is a good thing and do everything to enable it. While others try to get rid of those...because they believe that's the only right thing. If you are unhappy with your companions attitude towards foreigners, get new ones (or get mad with them!). ;) This is clearly an issue you can solve In-Character.

All the Best, Rince